Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Ending Choices ( SPOILER)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHich ending is more fitting sotrywise and SUikoden History wise and why?
Travel w/ Georg
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Stay Behind to help Lymsleia
75%
 75%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 44

MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: The Ending Choices ( SPOILER) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm done dueling with Dolph and now am abuot to face the final boss. With the previous 4 Suikodens, I type and printed out parties I used choices I made, who I used in army battle, etc...So I was wonering if you could enlighten me as if which ending is more fitting? If I do fanfics or something I may go on what ending I typed down.
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really, that's up to personal opinion. The first time going through i chose to stay behind and help Lymsleia rebuild; my thinking was that after basically fighting a war to help free her from Godwin control and ensure that she was safe (among a few other things, but whatever), it wouldn't be like the Prince to just up and leave her behind. Also, at some point in the ending she says something like "Now, where is that brother of mine..." and as silly as it sounds, it helped to make me choose to remain at her side. That being said, i actually liked this ending quite a bit.

Of course, made sure to make a save before the final battles, so i can go through and be able to make both choices just to see the seperate endings. So, at some point over the course of the week i'll run through the final dungeon again and choose to head out with Georg so i can see that ending as well.

But again, as for your question? It is really a matter of personal preference. If you think your Prince would stay behind to watch over Lym, go for that. If you think he'd follow the tradition of slipping away to venture across the land, then go for that instead.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose travel with Georg just because I like Georg more than Lym. As far as storlyine and plot motives go, it would be very out of character for the hero to run of with Georg and abandon his sister who he has just fought a war to save from being a pawn. I find it difficult to believe that he would restore her to true power on the throne of Falena and then just take off for the horizen in Georg's shadow.

Staying with Lym would seem to be a more realistic choice.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, traditionally speaking, the Tenkai always leaves after the game is done, except in Suikoden 3.

Plus, how else will Tir get his cool clothes from the Prince?!

^Actual quote!
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Well, traditionally speaking, the Tenkai always leaves after the game is done, except in Suikoden 3.

Plus, how else will Tir get his cool clothes from the Prince?!

lol
my thoughts exactly, either that, or Victor and Tir shop at the same Store! So I (of course) choose to go with Tir. What happends if you stay with your sis?

PS I JUST BEAT IT YAY!!!

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't cleared the game yet, but for the first time if I cleared the game I would choose to stay with lymsleia first then the second time just georg and the prince
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As someone already said, I believe it was far more realistic to stay with Lym than to leave with Georg. The Prince wasn't dedicated to saving Falena so much as saving Lym, with Falena in the process. He wanted to save her from being a pawn of Lord Godwin - who just so happened to be bad for Falena as well. After risking his life and the lives of so many to save Lym, it just seems completely out of character for him to turn around and abandon her to go off with Georg. I mean, she's a little girl. Queen or not, she's a little girl in a position of power she wasn't ready to gain. If I were to guess, I'd say she's about 12 (If there's an official age, please correct me~). What kind of big brother would he be to abandon her like that and run off to do the whole angsty hero stuff?

The very idea just leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

... So, naturally, I chose to stay. ;)

... Side note, I seriously disliked how Tir and Riou would leave, too. I was thrilled when Hugo and Lazlo didn't run away. :P
Cohkka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't even remember there being a choice. Was there? I thought you just go off with Georg automatically.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to get all 108 to get a final choice with Georg.
Cohkka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, right. I'll do that next time.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm assuming that that means the official ending would be one in which the Prince stays with Lym. That's pure speculation though.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:
You have to get all 108 to get a final choice with Georg.

Not true. I had all 108 Stars and had no choice but to leave with Georg.
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you might need 108 stars then by a certain point in the game if that's the case ^^

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't recruit Stars after a certain point anyway, so that makes no sense.
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well its kind of like Suikoden II where you needed 108 by a certain point to get the good ending, but could still get 108 a little after that. Dunno. :?

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: