Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

RSS Feed for Index Page

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: RSS Feed for Index Page Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Sars, how about if you add RSS Feed for the Index Page. I almost always skip the Index Page (add /forum at the page) so I often notice new entry, news, or editorial.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calupict, sorry for being dense but what does RSS stand for?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Axiose, you better read these Wikipedia article. If you doubt the content, just click the links.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_%28file_format%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_aggregator

If you have blog, you must have it. It's a better way to keep important news in your hand. I am crap at explaining but RSS has help my internet life from reading thousand pages of weblog into just notice the title of the posts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I need to elaborate this idea further. This is simple explanation about RSS from GDA.

GDA wrote:
1) What is RSS?
RSS is used on many sites and blogs to let visitors keep track of their latest news posts. On GDA, our feed is updated once we post a new news update, and people who are subscribed to the feed are notified (through their reader) of the update.

2) How do I use RSS?
First you have to find a news reader. A reader can be a program or something online that reads and understands RSS. Simply, the reader is what you'll use to see the updates.

3) Where do I get a news reader?
If you use Internet Explorer there is no built in feed reader yet (the next version of I.E. will support them), so your best best is to use the GDA Toolbar. Once you install the toolbar the feed is included automatically and will show you when GDA has been updated (along with many more features for GDA). If you use Firefox you can use our toolbar as well or download it's Sage reader extension to show feeds. The 'Feeds' feature in AOL Explorer works very similar if you'd like to use that browser instead. You can also use the 'Web Clip' features of Google Desktop Sidebar. As an alternative to installing something, Google has a great, free, online reader called Google Reader, it's only disadvantage is that you won't be notified immediately when we update, but it'll help you keep track of our updates. You can check out a list of more news readers here if you're interested.

If you are firefox user, you will notice this sign
at right of address toolbar or at status bar.

This is example of a site that used RSS Feed :
http://members.shaw.ca/ykdb
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: