Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New story Concept.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its two, two, two games in one.... or maybe three in one. I don't really see konami doing this because its hard enough making 108+ charcters and giving them decent backstories, but 216+ or 324+. It would either require a lot of returning characters, or lots of time and creative input. Though konami already has many people conceptualize on characters and other aspects of the game to give it variety, I think theywould need to hire on even more to take on such a task, or worse yet (or better depending on how you look at it) use both teams IV and V to make such a game, in which it would have to take place in neither the island countries (Gaien included) or Felena and its surrounding communities. Hmmm.... this, pleasantly, leads us down the road to the western continent. In retrospect, this would be a great way to start out on the PS3 (plus such an expansive game would far exceed the limitations of a PS2, if done right, the Suikoden way), but unfortunately, it would seem team IV will have it, and at Gaien most likely. :(

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New story concept: painting a fence... don't say anything, just think about it.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder how being on the PS3 will affect the story....

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the biggest factor on PS3 will be the ability to add more elements to the game, since PS3 will have more memory, a better graphics engine, and be generally faster. The games should move much smoother than what we see with V (which IMO isn't really that bad), even if they pack them with new features. I don't think Konami will boost the graphics to fit the new system, because people didn't like that when they tried it before(think IV and a little bit in III), so the graphics should stay about what we see with V (I hope). All-in-all, I think we will see a Suikoden that is much busier in terms of all that is available in the game. If they do boost graphics, I definately like to see it in the magic and Cooperative Attacks in battles.

azzy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
its two, two, two games in one.... or maybe three in one. I don't really see konami doing this because its hard enough making 108+ charcters and giving them decent backstories, but 216+ or 324+. It would either require a lot of returning characters, or lots of time and creative input. Though konami already has many people conceptualize on characters and other aspects of the game to give it variety, I think theywould need to hire on even more to take on such a task, or worse yet (or better depending on how you look at it) use both teams IV and V to make such a game, in which it would have to take place in neither the island countries (Gaien included) or Felena and its surrounding communities. Hmmm.... this, pleasantly, leads us down the road to the western continent. In retrospect, this would be a great way to start out on the PS3 (plus such an expansive game would far exceed the limitations of a PS2, if done right, the Suikoden way), but unfortunately, it would seem team IV will have it, and at Gaien most likely. :(

not really... the thing is that there would just be 108 SOD's. its just that a part of the SOD's would go on one side and another group of SOD on the other side with a number of extras for both...
thats why i said it would be similar to SIII... it would be a good idea beocouse there would be more character development becouse of more concentration on part of the characters on eno playthrough
Hikari

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as you all.

Its like 40 SOD's are always optional and you have to complete small sidequests/prerequisites to get them. Then you have like 30-40 who are tied to a specific section of the map (like town mayors, local generals, etc). Then the rest just come and join you for the sake of joining you.

So basically how my idea would work is you would have 2 heros, lets just say ,one for East and one for West Armes. You would only choose one in the beginning of the game and stay with that one until the end. There would be one evil guy on your side who would quickly reveal himself, then spend the rest of the game collaborating with the evil guy from the other side. Then you would spend the game liberating, building up your army (could even be the same castle location no matter who you choose). This could apply for either of the regions you choose. The 40 optional , sidequest characters would be the same, along with the 40 or so local towns folk that you aquire thru conquest. Then the remaining stars would be character specific, so it would only add on like 20 to the grand total that the developers would have to create.

Even if the game ended up shorter because of this, there would be great replay value, because you could see how the other side would have won the war , plus the 20+ other non optional, unique stars that you would only get for being on the other side. PLUS you could do crazy new game+ features like let you play the other character you built up thru the other play through.

Also, just another thought as I was writing this. It would be awesome if the hero you didnt pick ended up being one of the main generals you fight against.

This overall sounds like a game developers nightmare, but i think theres jsut enough reusablility that it would be possible.

Another thing i would really like would be a villain just like Luca Blight who is basically immortal andd has a one track mind (mostly a one dimensional character) They tried to do this with Childrech in SV but it wasnt as effective (because hes evil, but a huge Leonardo DiCaprio once you actually fight him).
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
I think the biggest factor on PS3 will be the ability to add more elements to the game, since PS3 will have more memory, a better graphics engine, and be generally faster. The games should move much smoother than what we see with V (which IMO isn't really that bad), even if they pack them with new features. I don't think Konami will boost the graphics to fit the new system, because people didn't like that when they tried it before(think IV and a little bit in III), so the graphics should stay about what we see with V (I hope).

Are you kidding? So dummies like you are why Suikoden 5 is so ugly? Konami better ease up on the "keeping it real" crap, cus the same fans who'd like it to be like 5 graphically over 3 or 4 would like it even more to be completely 2d or some crap. That's bad, let's not do that.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally didn't mind the graphics in III, but I know some people didn't like them. I didn't, however, think the graphics in IV were a step in the right direction. I personally like the graphics in V and think it would suck if konami tried to give Suikoden a graphics boost to match the "lifelikeness" in, say, Final Fantasy XII. I totally prefer an anime look to a "Hey, that guy looks like I could see him walking down my street" look.

Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As if for graphics, i think that it would be the best way if Konami sticked with 2D graphics. And got rid of playstation 2. Maby it woud've been great if they continued the series on SP or DS.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You'd preffer an uglier Suikoden on a handheld? There are still 2d sprited games on the PS2 like UNlimited SaGa and all those Nippon Ichi games, so I really dont see why going 2d would require them to go to a handheld.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be nice if Suikoden would go back to a 2d look, unfortunatley I think Konami is'nt interested in doing that anymore. THough there are still 2d games out there on the PS2, Konami would'nt go all the way back to 2d because they already had 3 games in a 3d style and it looks like that might not change for the PS3.

Besides, graphics is'nt really important. What's important is the story and gameplay. THose 2 I htink should be the where expanded the most upon for the PS3 installment.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The problem with 2d games now is that in order to maintain quality the sprites are high animation, 8 angle, and high resolution which, though cheap, takes a ton of time. That's why NIS reuses so many sprites in their games. A suikoden game up to a ps3 standard with 2d sprites would have to at least match the quality of Disgaea or Guilty Gear, and that would simply take FOREVER to do imo. A 2d gaiden would be an interesting prospect I could definetly get behind, however the scale of a modern suikoden game just seems like a bit too much for 2d sprites to handle. It'd take too long and Konami, having NO 2d games of the sort at the moment, would have to hire(track down) a bunch of artists up to the task. Id love for there to be a suikogaiden that's actually a game, where you follow viki as she resolves minor sidestories of the series. Her kind of quirky humor in a game of a smaller scale would be perfect for 2d sprites.
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ryanwh wrote:
You'd preffer an uglier Suikoden on a handheld? There are still 2d sprited games on the PS2 like UNlimited SaGa and all those Nippon Ichi games, so I really dont see why going 2d would require them to go to a handheld.

Yes, I would rather prefer 'uglier' suikoden game then tonn of tryings to make a good 3D game that looks like pice of ****.

I was never a fan of stunning graphics, cause it disctrats gamers from important things (such as story anyone) .... I would always rather prefer stunning story and music than unsuccssefull graphical aspects.

Better 2D with nice and atmospherical game, then 3D which destroyes whole idea in the first place, trying to preform stunning effects and other things, they ruin story meaning by making game unlikable to players which have first contact with game. Not to talk about lame feeling when you explore houses and caves which have everything but details.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was reffering to the uglyness of handheld games, not 2d. You'd know that if you read more than one line before preparing your little speach.
koikuro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i agree with bright shield 3D graphics do tend to ruine the game thats why i never really liked finaly fantasy 10+ .....cause people usually consentrate on the graphics and ignore da story and everything else
if they kept the graphics like V or made it 2D tht would be great.....although i didnt mind da graphics of 3 but IV's graphics sucked

but i mean suikoden was never known for its graphics (dats more like ff) it consentrates on the story which is the most important thing in video games
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: