Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How about a Tenkai from another race?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
I'd never be able to beat that game because I'd continually let the hero die. I hate those damn beavers.

Aww, the beavers had their uses in Suikoden V. I actually had them as one of my best war battle units in the naval portion of the fight. O had one beaver naval unit actually take out three opposing ships in one war battle.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the idea of having a non-human hero. It's something rarely done before. It would give a breath of fresh air into the Suikoden series. I myself am hoping for an elven Tenkai. I think it could definitley work although I don't think everyone wil like the idea.

It's worth a try though.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As stated by Masa in the other thread, we need a Dwarf Tenkai.

With a beard. Or a goatee, if you want to stick with the teen-aged Tenkai theme.

I'd love to see a Dwarf Tenkai running around recruiting characters, and the stars would have to look down just to see him. :P

Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they are going for a non-human, they ought to go for something out of the ordinary.

Elves and dwarves are human-like races to begin with. Something like a Lizard or a Mermaid would be a better twist. The Beavers or a Dragon should be considered as well.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While the mental picture of a Lizard Tenkai is fairly amusing, I figure that the closest we'll ever see is an Elf or perhaps even a Half Elf if they exist in the Suikoden world. And I don't see why not, considering the precedent which Tactics established regarding hybrids. *cough*
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Captain Hero wrote:
As stated by Masa in the other thread, we need a Dwarf Tenkai.

With a beard. Or a goatee, if you want to stick with the teen-aged Tenkai theme.

I'd love to see a Dwarf Tenkai running around recruiting characters, and the stars would have to look down just to see him. :P

This man is a GENIUS.

For fun, this Dwarf Tenkai could have some robot buddies.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, like a Gadget A or something :P
and those are pretty cool ideas too :D
Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be ok if they changed the species of the Tenkai from human to something else. An elf Tenkai would be my favorite choice. Another thing I would want is them creating another beastman type race specifically for the new hero. Maybe he's the last of his kind... or maybe they live in a country that hasn't even been touched on in the suikoden games yet.

A hero that's a Winger would also be really cool. I've always been kinda sad that they never did much with them.

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is a good idea, but i would personally prefer a human tenkai star as the main character. However i would not mind seeing other races having a main part in the story.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think it'd be cool if an elf was the next tenkai as well! They could even go the extreme and say it was a half-human half-elf. I like seeing those kinds of stories in that a character is torn between two races and isn't accepted by either one
(then he/she goes off wandering alone in the world searching for his/her identity until he/she gets thrown into a war and somehow ends up being leader of army who either makes it or breaks it with his/her issue of identity Ooooo nice plot idea right there? =D )

If they really rather stick with with a human tenkai star I sort of hope they throw something in there that makes the game touch more on the racism across the races you know? The games do touch on it a bit throughout but I still think they can push the idea some more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind a non-human Tenkai, but it'd be best to stick to elves or lycanthropes. Players would probably have a hard time relating to a Winghorde or taking a Beaver or Duck seriously. Maybe a non-human raised by humans, like Nei in SIII. The protagonist's conflict with human culture vs. their birth culture would make for some pretty interesting character development, not to mention the reaction of other stars/the antagonists to a different Tenkai.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think a non human tenkai would be stupid, all the tenkai we know have been human and to change this formula would be pointless, I dont want to pick up my next suikoden and pop it in to see a kobold with a true rune and 2 swords gathering people to fight for a cause, I just couldnt take him seriously ._. "Me Dennis, me fight for freedom" call me racist <_< but I just wouldnt like that, nor would I want any other race cept for maaayybe elf, but even then, it would slightly annoy me. I like the constant formula of humans for tenkai.... leave those dogs as secondary characters.

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andarc wrote:
I would think a non human tenkai would be stupid, all the tenkai we know have been human and to change this formula would be pointless, I dont want to pick up my next suikoden and pop it in to see a kobold with a true rune and 2 swords gathering people to fight for a cause, I just couldnt take him seriously ._. "Me Dennis, me fight for freedom" call me racist <_< but I just wouldnt like that, nor would I want any other race cept for maaayybe elf, but even then, it would slightly annoy me. I like the constant formula of humans for tenkai.... leave those dogs as secondary characters.

agreed... leaving other race become a tenkai.. worsen the game.. lot of people already disspointed last suikoden.. if something like this happen it would be trouble for this game..

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I would say no. Here are the reasons:

Ethnocentrism: Humans form the large majority of the races in Suiko as far as I know. Humans would probably be not very familiar with the customs and traditions of non-human races and vice-versa, so this conflict may set them on edge. For a good example, see Suikoden 3. Even though they were in danger, it still took them time to adjust to each other. A non-human leader may not be able to deal with this kind of situation well enough either, because most of them have as little contact with humans as possible.

History: Unfortunately, non-human races don't really have a good relationship with humans. From Suikoden 4 all the way to Suikoden 3 (timeline-wise), they've definitely been helpful, but little is known about them. Besides that, sometimes they have personal grudges with humans.

Charisma: Hate to say this, but a scant few non-human SoDs have been charismatic. Besides, having certain races as the Tenkai would pose a problem, as people may just die of laughter. [joke reason]

Elves stand a better chance than all of the non-human races, only if they aren't like the majority of elves in Suikoden I. Even so, because humans form the majority, that remains to be seen.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
Well, I would say no. Here are the reasons:

Ethnocentrism: Humans form the large majority of the races in Suiko as far as I know. Humans would probably be not very familiar with the customs and traditions of non-human races and vice-versa, so this conflict may set them on edge. For a good example, see Suikoden 3. Even though they were in danger, it still took them time to adjust to each other. A non-human leader may not be able to deal with this kind of situation well enough either, because most of them have as little contact with humans as possible.

History: Unfortunately, non-human races don't really have a good relationship with humans. From Suikoden 4 all the way to Suikoden 3 (timeline-wise), they've definitely been helpful, but little is known about them. Besides that, sometimes they have personal grudges with humans.

Charisma: Hate to say this, but a scant few non-human SoDs have been charismatic. Besides, having certain races as the Tenkai would pose a problem, as people may just die of laughter. [joke reason]

Elves stand a better chance than all of the non-human races, only if they aren't like the majority of elves in Suikoden I. Even so, because humans form the majority, that remains to be seen.

I think your reasons sound better FOR a Tenkai from another race than AGAINST it. The problems of getting a majority behind him and his cause might be more difficult, but also more gripping. If you are the royal son it isn't easy, but it is possible, but as some kind of person from a different race it might be more interesting, because the story writers have to delibertate why people should follow this man or woman and his cause at all has to be better, because the son of the killed queen has a rather easy motive...

I think an Underdog as Tenkai could be, if done good, a really interesting story and better than all the stuff where the hero is already somehwat legitimate. And it is a chance to create a really charismatic character from another race than just the ordinary human one ;)

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: