Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The World Of Wings and Scales

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShangDOh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: The World Of Wings and Scales Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been curious about this ever since I read the description on this site. Is the world of wings and scales suppose to be our Earth? And all Dragons are from here?
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty much the only mention of the "World of Wings and Scales" is in reference to Dragons. The Dragon Rune (True Rune that the Dragon Knights have) allows for the existence of Dragons here in this world, meaning the Suikoden World. If it doesn't have a bearer the Dragons cannot exist here. Taking this, we can infer that the "World of Wings and Scales" is the home world of the Dragon kind. It is through the rune that they come to the Suikoden World. The WoW&S is one of the Million Worlds, assumedly, and is similar to parallel dimensions, I think. Sort of like the world inside the Phantom Guide Ship, and the Silent World from S3. Hope that clarifies a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought maybe the "world" was merely an isolated landmass or something. AKA the "new world" isnt literally a new world, just undiscovered land.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh, but perhaps there is indeed a way to get to this World of Wings and Scales from the Suiko world...

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

always thought maybe the "world" was merely an isolated landmass or something. AKA the "new world" isnt literally a new world, just undiscovered land.

just the way how old travellers described the new lands they have discovered away from their homes?

that is possible but it is also possible to have something like an alternative or parallel universe to the suikoden universe where worlds like these (and some like viki's world, world of chaos or darkness or whatever that is) also exist.
Boogeyman

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I have a feeling this may be a bit convoluted but try and stay with me.

If the Dragon Rune "allows" dragons to exist within the Suikoden world then I think it rules out the isolated land mass theory. If they existed on the same planet just off the map then they wouldn't need something to allow them to stay around. That sort of Rune would probably draw dragons to it and they would then just be where ever it drew them to. Also odds are dragons would have made some sort of contact with humans or the other races at some point in the world history even if it was an extremely isolated land mass.

The parallel worlds theory I think is the only one that really works. The Dragon Rune probably uses it's own powerful magic to bind the other worldly creatures to the main world. That brings up an interesting point though as to why dragons. A rune like that could affect any sort of creature so why would an incredibly powerful True Rune single out dragons?

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: