Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New animals and races
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: New animals and races Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

heres a topic, if you clicked thanks a mil.

most suikodens give us 'new stupid animals', griffons, dragons, unicorns, kraken(octopi?)kangakorns, giant owls, water horses, gullhorses and who knows what, sure we had natural animals like Shiro, and the dogs, we got them we used them and met other dogs and cats who just meow, woof and take up space onthe map.

but what next? what kind of critter could we have? Kirns? Harpies..or is a harpie to humaniod? prehaps one of those "phantom cats", maybe it can talk? or a winged horse? Then of course we could have normal animals to think of, like racoons.

well what do you think...what would you want? keep in mind each bit of info we learn can be broght back to this topic. I go to less suiko forums now so this might be the only one you'll see from me, that is if I don't bring it to suikosource. (suikoforums has moved and well its down)

*edit* talking about talking and non talking species will make a poll hard to do, we could have real seals who just go "ourt ort ort" and seal-men, Kirins and hawk people, like wingers but with bird heads, bird wings, tails, clawd hands and feet..see Shining force 2.

Last edited by kuwaizair on Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see something done with Elephants, myself. Maybe Leopards like Georg talked about in 5 off-handedly. Maybe a Safari land! With Elephants, gators, and leopards all in the same place! What epic battles could occur? It would be beautiful and bloody and very entertaining. Hopefully Konami reads this and knows so they can see how good my input is take it to heart in their next Suikoden.

As far as mythic beasts go, maybe something like those two giant flying cats that pull Frey's cart in Norse mythology would make a cameo. Flying cats = instant box-office magic!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Six-legged, twenty-five foot tall bears that camoflage themselves like a chameleon. So basically, like the scariest animal I could possibly imagine.
HOTACTIONDAN

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think Elephants would be cool, a hydra would be cool as a SoD IMO
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O I just remembered. Harpies kind of already exist in the Suikoden world. Female Wingers fit the ticket of a harpie quite well. Half Avis, half Sapien, seems like what a harpie is, and I should know. We were just translating that in Latin class, with the Argonauts who waved the swords at the Harpies. I thought it was funny because the word for sword has a poetic meaning that isn't really a weapon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HOTACTIONDAN wrote:
i think Elephants would be cool, a hydra would be cool as a SoD IMO
But if dragons in the Suikoworld sound like elephants, do elephants sound like dragons?

Acheron wrote:
O I just remembered. Harpies kind of already exist in the Suikoden world. Female Wingers fit the ticket of a harpie quite well. Half Avis, half Sapien, seems like what a harpie is, and I should know. We were just translating that in Latin class, with the Argonauts who waved the swords at the Harpies. I thought it was funny because the word for sword has a poetic meaning that isn't really a weapon.
Actually, they don't "kind of exist", they do exist, the boss at Mt. Rakutei for example.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm seeing... frog-people!

No, wait, centaurs!

Wait, no! A clan of werewolves. No! No! Werewolverines!

Flying elephant people! Ooh! oooh! Tree people! And Hobbits! Oooh and leprechauns and fairies and hell, a race of beepeople who live in large honeycombs while we're at it!

Antelope or deer people? An ant-like society? Really, after beavers, I wonder what they'll come up with next.

Personally, I'd like to see a return to the races they already have - elves, kobalds, wingers, nekobalds, duck and lizard clan, merpeople (never seen a male one) - instead of making more new races. I'd like to see more of their habitats and villages.

Although, I guess it wouldn't feel like a Suikoden without at least one new wackey creature to marvel at.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see Centaurs and Satyrs in the Suikoden world :D
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Random wrote:

No, wait, centaurs!

Flying elephant people! Ooh! oooh! Tree people! And Hobbits! Oooh and leprechauns and fairies and hell, a race of beepeople who live in large honeycombs while we're at it!

Antelope or deer people? An ant-like society? Really, after beavers, I wonder what they'll come up with next.

Personally, I'd like to see a return to the races they already have - elves, kobalds, wingers, nekobalds, duck and lizard clan, merpeople (never seen a male one) - instead of making more new races. I'd like to see more of their habitats and villages.

Although, I guess it wouldn't feel like a Suikoden without at least one new wackey creature to marvel at.

naw, this is for normal animals, like the dogs from suikoden 3, bright, feather, shiro, not anthropomorphismed ones, I made a topic in the suiko 5 section on new races. Unless I remake it for suikoden 6.

non talking, non humaniod ones, even if they are mythical creatures, the Krakens dind't talk unless you had crystals, if they were squid peple thats diffent.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Minotaurs.

Sure, you fought them in Highland in Suikoden II. What they were doing there, who knows. But i can imagine how they would look, with big floopy ears, big horns, or even those splotchy cows hides. They would obviously be the physical fighters, like the Lizard Clans. Best to think of them as Taurens.

As for new Stupid animal, panda bear cavalry! I would absolutely love it. I realized that pandas make adequate fighters when i encountered the Pandaren Brewmaster in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. :*laugh*: They would be too cute for anyone to hate them. Aww. I would love to ride a horse-sized giant panda bear.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless Wanderer

Chuukekkonkoken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Catgirls. (no, not like Nay-Kobolds.)

... I'm serious about this.

(That, and actual talking squirrels.)

//Mahou Furyou Nagima! - Magister Nagi Magi//
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they really should just use those races that they have already introduced.

a new animal race? how about ape-kobold (ala-planet of the apes type with super strength and super everything)? or oinkobold (with super health and can also give tons of food for the army; 'just cook one of them and youll have a feast to remember!'). :*laugh*:
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there any mouse-kobold? :mrgreen: I think they will be very good in stealing~HaHa~
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^we dont want mouse-kobolds. their existence will just spark a bloody war between their race and the nay-kobolds. add the kobolds to the mix and we have a triple threat war. << that can be a concept for suikoden 6... :P
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Random wrote:

No, wait, centaurs!

Crap, the frog-people reminded me of the Ogre Frogs and the centaurs gave me a flashback on those ostrich people thingies.. damn they creeped me out.

Nameless Wanderer wrote:
Catgirls. (no, not like Nay-Kobolds.)

... I'm serious about this.

(That, and actual talking squirrels.)
Not like Nay-Kobolds? Maybe Noah, then?

Damn, Suikoden games have done almost everything by now.. maybe something a bit more normal would be nice for a change, like the leopards that were mentioned.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: