Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Good anime series...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope you find some inexpensive CDs to burn them on. :shock:

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually is use dvd to burn the anime onto in data format. it will only play on my computer and not my dvd player but it allows me to hold 4.7 gb's per disk. i don't mind watching anime on my computer anyway.

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The computer seems to be the best place to watch some anime on because I've come across the problem of the subtitles get cut-off on a television screen but they are fine on the computer moniter.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i hate when the sub's get cut off. that is why now i only burn anime that is widescreen to dvd(instead of data disk) so the subs won't get cut off on my television.

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there any way to fix it? I can't find any way to solve this problem...Everything is staying on my computer instead of disk untill I figure it out.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i do not know any way to fix it, i gave up trying last year. maybe if you burn it as a vcd the subs will show properly.

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

i do not know any way to fix it, i gave up trying last year. maybe if you burn it as a vcd the subs will show properly.

Yeah, we've already tried that...Didn't work, unfortunately. If I ever find out how to solve it, I'll let you know.
I'm trying to get my downloading system to get more Rurouni Kenshin at the moment, yes I've seen them all, but I want to see them again.^^
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hajime No Ippo owns all. Beck as well. :D
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gundam SEED/DESTINY- [yes, I am WATCHING DESTINY] too perfect...couldn't resist...it is the best and it is the 75% that made me who I am today

Digimon Tamers- yes, a Digimon series but this season is too great! The characters, background, history, twist and all! It also has bloody scenes and for older children....it's realistic and logical!

Mado King Granzort- it is insanely wild but I like it even though I only had watched not ALL episodes in Japanese but the main idea is great -sigh- why wasn't I born earlier? (it was aired several years before I was born)

Detective Conan/Case Closed- it made me change and adjust a bit to this world also! Made me more friendly and open-minded again. GS/GSD made me too serious and though this anime is serious, it also has more humour. Anyway, excittng, thrilling, cliffhanger, romantic, angsty, mysterious, action-packed, funny and all! oh my gosh! =O too perfect >< very logical indeed and too realistic!

:?
Siertes

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I surprised nobody has mentioned Monster yet. Perhaps the people here aren't in to this type of anime.

I absolutely love it. The fansubs are up to episode 58 now. 20 episodes into it I labeled it as my favorite series.

The anime is very serious/mature in nature. It has a ton of talking, and a bit of action. If you're into action animes, you probably wont like it.

Here is the plot summary from Anime News Network:

Kenzou Tenma, a Japanese brain surgeon in Germany, had it all: incredible skill at his work, a rich and beautiful fiancee, and a promising career at his hospital. However, after becoming disenchanted by hospital politics, he chose to save the life of a young boy who got shot in the head over the life of the mayor. As a result he lost the support of the hospital director, as well as his position in the hospital and his fiance. A short time later, the hospital director and the doctors that replaced him were murdered, and once again he was catapulted back onto the top. But as the chief suspect of the murders, Tenma did not get a easy life. As a matter of fact, it seems that the boy he saved was much more than he had appeared to be... Now to clear his name and to correct his past mistake, Tenma must get to the bottom of these and other murders, and investigate the truth of the Monster who is behind all of this.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I've never heard of Monster before. Is it recent? These titles are ones I've watched recently and my opinions.

Rozen Maiden: Has a high Victorian/Gothic Lolita influence, but of the characters, I only liked Shinku and Souseiseki. All of the other characters irritate me, and although it's just 12 episodes, a majority of them are pointless filler eps, hurting the series more than helping it. I can't really describe its genre very well... I guess it has bits of this and that.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne: Although it's a shoujo-fied Lupin III, or perhaps another Saint Tail, I'm enjoying it because Maron/Jeanne isn't a typical ditz: she's a growing girl who's lived alone for a long time and doesn't know what love is. It does have typical shoujo elements: a henshin, a cute little sidekick, giant eyes, cute guys, and so on. I'm almost halfway into the series and the developments are steady but sure.

Uninhabited Planet Survive: Looks fairly recent, despite its Miyazaki-looking animation. Basically, you have seven kids and one mechanical cat, in a space age setting, that encounter a gravity storm in space and are stranded on an unknown planet. Their 52-episode journey involves surviving long enough to be rescued. The animation is nothing worth mentioning, but the characters are a different story. Some become desperate to go home, others adjust really well. I've only begun watching UPS, but it looks promising.

Galaxy Angel: And I thought Excel Saga was bizarre. The plot's supposed to be about five cute space agents (plus their leader and a former suicidal missile's AI within a doll's body - don't ask ^^;; -) looking for the Lost Technology. But the 12-minute episodes barely achieve normalcy, never mind a search for technology. It's good for some laughs, since nothing is taken seriously, although ep. 14 was somber. Sometimes, within all these angsty titles, you need to sit back and laugh at something stupid, whether its Excel Saga, Puni Puni Poemi, or Galaxy Angel.

Fantastic Children: I'm going to be honest, but I still can't figure out what the hell's going on here... at least, not enough to summarize things. Very dark and sad, definitely for someone who needs to mellow out.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Siertes

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm I believe Monster came out in early 2004, if you consider that recent.
Ryusanji

The Crimson Flames of Highland

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my list of suggestions:

Naruto
Bleach
Gundam Seed
A fansubbed One Piece...
Rune Soldier Louie
Martian Successor Nadesico
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are alot of anime out there that gets underrated, and never gets popular. Frankly i like the less popular anime...its just to me, more appealing. Like Naruto---i have no idea why i got into it (kabuto and orochimaru yess...) but once everyone else got into it, i got out of it because....its one of those anime/Manga, thats never going to end (like inuyasha). And the story got pretty boring too...but thats just my opinion i know alot of people like naruto and i still respect it (a little).

Anyways into anime i would reccomend (suggest, say ish good, that sort of thing) would be...

Trinity Blood
Argento Soma
Megaman NT warrior/Rockman EXE
Full Metal Alchemist
Neon genisis Evangelion
Tsubasa
Digimon season 1 or 2
Getbackers
Saiyuki
Yami No Matsuei
Escaflowne/The vision of Escaflowne
Prince of Tennis
Hack Sign, Hack Luminality, Hack Twilight Bracelet
Nightwalker
Star Ocean EX
Samurai Deeper Kyo

Theres loads more i cant think of, but if anyone wants to know about the series i can offer a half asked summary XD;

Also, Vampire Hunter D (not a series, its a movie) is pretty neat. Id reccomend that.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am currently watching the new anime "shuffle". it is another anime for all ages that was based on a hentai game (ex: air & kanon). the animation is excellent and it has a funny story. there is only 4 episodes fansubbed so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: