Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wanted Recurring Character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i want more of viktor and flik i don't care how old they will always be two of my favorite characters and maybe even if Riou Jowy and Nanami made an appearance in six because they did go off adventuring so chances are that your character could come across them like with mcdohl in suikoden 2
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really looking forward to getting to see Killey and Lorelai again. Of course, It would be awesome to see some Georg Prim again as well. I do have to wonder if Konami has plans with them after that fate attack they had in Suikoden V with Viki. Anyway, I'm also looking forward to getting to see the Prince from Suikoden V again, but I that, I dunno. That'd be much harder to see happen, but still something that I hope for.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with alot of people here... Victor and Flik just kind of dissappear after S2. But I would also like to see younger apple (i.e. per S3).

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prince of Falena is obvious, to see which of the many endings in Suikoden V actually took place, and since he leaves to wander in most of them.

Wilhelm and Mueller if the game is set near Falena. Don't care if they lose Richard.

Also Lazlo from Suikoden IV. With the 108 stars ending, he should not age, so he could very well still be alive after 150 years. What kind of a person is he now? Also, a descendant of Mitsuba, with her sword and her looks.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:

Wilhelm and Mueller if the game is set near Falena. Don't care if they lose Richard.

They could always bring back the Lindwurm Mercenary Brigade if they take the series to the Zelant Kingdom, which I feel is a strong likelihood.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to return to Falena for a time in Suikoden VI, much the same way that you got to return to Gregminster in Suikoden II and take a look around the old town, I want to be able to go back to Falena's capital, or raftfleet, or some-such area and see a few of the previous SOD's. I want to see Toma as a queens knight (though i would actually want him as a Star of Destiny in Suikoden VI), and a grown man prince with a mature Lymslia and Lyon with him. They don't need to join the party, I just want to see how they may have grown. Other characters I want to see, well, jeane and her entire crew - raura, eresh, Hortez, 'etc...I want some back story on them. If they set Suikoden VI in a time period between SV and SI I think we'd have a great oppertunity to see some characters from both SI and SII and SV, Viktor and Flik, a young Humphry, 'etc...that would be ideal I suppose. Stupid Konami, knowing them they're going to set it 400 years before SIV just to keep us off guard.

I hate you Onimaru.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
I want to return to Falena for a time in Suikoden VI, much the same way that you got to return to Gregminster in Suikoden II and take a look around the old town, I want to be able to go back to Falena's capital, or raftfleet, or some-such area and see a few of the previous SOD's. I want to see Toma as a queens knight (though i would actually want him as a Star of Destiny in Suikoden VI), and a grown man prince with a mature Lymslia and Lyon with him. They don't need to join the party, I just want to see how they may have grown. Other characters I want to see, well, jeane and her entire crew - raura, eresh, Hortez, 'etc...I want some back story on them. If they set Suikoden VI in a time period between SV and SI I think we'd have a great oppertunity to see some characters from both SI and SII and SV, Viktor and Flik, a young Humphry, 'etc...that would be ideal I suppose. Stupid Konami, knowing them they're going to set it 400 years before SIV just to keep us off guard.

That would be a good way to go about it. No, not the 400 years before Suikoden IV. The other stuff. ;) The simplest way to have us return to Falena for any reason would be to leave the setting on the southern continent, obviously. So I guess it'd be Armes or Nagarea as the setting. That'd work for me.

Last edited by BlackKnightYuber on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If we were between I and V, I can't imagine seeing Flik and Viktor in it. Maybe just one, but even that is not very likely. Pre-I, Flik was in the Warrior's Village, and Viktor would have been in the City-State. If either, we're more likely to see Flik, but only if it takes place in and around Kanakan or present day Kooluk (more than likely the latter, since we've already been to Kooluk). That time frame would give us a chance to see Morgan's travel to SME, perhaps, especially if in Kanakan. I would also like to see Toma as a Queen's Knight, if only to know that he's not a brat, anymore! All in all, though, I would really like to see a V to I timeframe game, but there are too many places I would take it! I would like to see Zelant, Kanakan, and New Armes, if that were the timeframe, and that is too broad an area, I would have to miss out on atleast two. If we headed to Nagarea, I would prefer a pre-V timeframe, to see the battles, and the Great Quake, perhaps, but post-V would be good, too.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Black Mountain Bandit's

633 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fu Su Lu
Georg
Ted
Clive
Meg
Gadget
Lizard Clan
Dupa, Shiba , Bazba, Peggi (Lizard Clan)
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought about Melville returning. Since mostly children returned and had major roles in a sequel.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see Mazus make a return, I thought he was a funny character and I think he would make a good replacement role for the Luc/Zerase position in a new Suikoden, but I guess it depends on the timeline. To the same extent, its a shame Crowley probably wont return as hes so old.

Id like to see any returns from Suikoden 1 or 2 to be honest. Maybe one of the great generals. Viktor and Flik should definetly make a return, they are just to iconic to be left unused.

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's see...

Sharon XOR Futch: More Sharon than Futch, though. They could do some more with them, and the fact that they have been known to travel to other regions makes including them in a future game less of a stretch. It's also a bit of a shame that they're pretty much the only two Story VIPs in Suikoden III that don't actually get any story scenes at all, although I hear that the manga tried to kinda rectify that.

As for why I want one or the other and Sharon more than Futch: chances are that if they brought both back, Futch would end up being little more than Sharon's babysitter again. The age difference, the fact that Sharon's the boss's daughter, and her impetuousness seems to make that certain. I think that Sharon has more potential, since she's a lot younger than Futch, just recently got a gold dragon off stage, and has less appearances under her belt. To be honest, I feel Futch has had more than enough time to become a remotely interesting character...only he kinda hasn't. Nadir doesn't lie.

Yuber: I'm always up for some chaos, even if his III look makes him look like an Amish Michael Jackson who fights with metal rods. Pesmerga can come along too so long as he actually gets a little development this time around. And radar.

Albert Silverberg: Eh, why not? He does have some relevance in the West Continent, after all, and it'd be nice to see someone as cunning and ruthless as him again. Throw in Sasarai and Dios, for old time's sake.

Suiko III Mercs: They're all likeable characters, and it wouldn't be hard to justify their reappearance.

Flik and Viktor: Duh. Pretty much the most universally loveable characters from Suikoden I and II. They have good chemistry, but it's quite a shame that they never made the leap to 3D (and refined character designs). It wouldn't be hard to make them fit in.

Oboro and Nakula: They both seem to have unfinished stories that are worth seeing.

Kyril and Simeon: I wonder what time has wrought for these two characters. It's known that they have much extended lifespans, and Tactics is silent on their fates. It would be pretty cool to see a more monstrous Kyril, at least.

Norma, Ernst, and Levi: Seems open-ended enough to imply that they might follow up on this story. It doesn't hurt that Norma's a complete beast in battle. Not to mention that I like both Norma and Ernst's designs and that it would mean that I'd be guaranteed to like at least two thirds of the Pretty Girl Combo.

Yuri: Y'know, the woman with the unique sprite who takes the place of Jeane at the Two River Rune Shop? Just for the sheer dark horse factor. I mean, who would expect HER?

Chiepoo and Co.: Not so much a character, but I want Chiepoo's business to live on. I didn't spend all that time fulfilling his dreams of world domination just to see his stores completely forgotten by the next game. They could even pull a Romancing SaGa and have a couple of major companies, where supporting one chain exclusively means that you'll get access to that company's best stuff earlier on.

Any Demihuman not "native" to the game's region: Kinda sad how outside of Sid LANDIS and Stallion (OK, maybe Gau and Muto too), the only demihumans that show up all hail from the token racial town from the game's region. It's like they don't exist at all anymore in later games.

Any pair of Maximillian Knights: Hey, they're a staple.

Zweig, Lorelai, and Killey: Mostly Zweig, since V has done nothing but cement in my mind that Lorelai and Killey are imbeciles who have only gotten as far as they have out of sheer luck.

Georg: Yeah. Wouldn't mind seeing him again. He didn't wear out his welcome in V; just the opposite in fact.

And you can't have a decent Suikoden game without Jeane, Leknaat, and Viki. Sorta.

I think that covers the basics.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finfreeze wrote:
Let's see...

Yuri: Y'know, the woman with the unique sprite who takes the place of Jeane at the Two River Rune Shop? Just for the sheer dark horse factor. I mean, who would expect HER?

Chiepoo and Co.: Not so much a character, but I want Chiepoo's business to live on. I didn't spend all that time fulfilling his dreams of world domination just to see his stores completely forgotten by the next game. They could even pull a Romancing SaGa and have a couple of major companies, where supporting one chain exclusively means that you'll get access to that company's best stuff earlier on.

Cool ideas. As far as dark horse factor goes, I'll throw out another name. Ellie, the innkeeper at Banner from Suikoden II. Really, why not? Make her a Star of Destiny this time and have her be your HQ's innkeeper. I enjoy things like this for the pure nostalgia factor. Shows me that Konami is paying attention, just like they did when they explained the reason behind Georg's eyepatch in Suikoden V. It wasn't even necessary since he didn't appear in anything other than the Suikoden I interior art, but they did anyway, as a nod to longtime fans. Something like this, with Ellie, would be a similar nod. Totally agree about Chiepoo and Co. as well. He didn't annoy me nearly as much as it seems he did other Suikoden fans. Maybe that's because I have a cat. ;)
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never liked Chiepoo. Maybe it's his voice, I don't know. I loved building up his business in Rhapsodia and then tearing it down, leaving him in tatters. I haven't played Rhapsodia in a couple years, but I seem to remember one of the quests being that you could send some thugs to rough him up. That was almost too good to be true. :)
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The possibility to travel in all countries we saw in the previous games. And now to the SoD:

-Wilhelm, Mueller, Richard
-Georg, Viktor, Flik
-Jeane, Viki, Crowley & Mazus
-Killey, Lorelai, Alex & Hilda
-Yahr, Nelis, Bernadette & Skald Egan
-Kwanda Rossman, Milich Oppenheimer, Kazim Hazil & Sonya Shulen
-Geddoe + Team
-Lazlo en Kuldes & Kyril
-Pesmerga, Yuber, Clive
-Kage, Fuma, Mondo, & Kasumi
-Lucretia Merces, Shu, Apple, Albert Silverberg
-Hugo, Chris Lightfellow, Lucia & Beechum

-McDohl as the President of the Toran Republic
-Riou, Jowy & Nanami
-Lymsleia as a mature queen
-Roog, Rahal, Nick & Lun
-Richmond, Oboro + Team
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: