Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is it finally time for a female Tenkai?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What gender will Suikoden 6's tenkai be?
Female
50%
 50%  [ 55 ]
Male
33%
 33%  [ 37 ]
Both?
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 109

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I myself wouldn't mind if we get a female Tenkai in future Suikoden games as well. I'm not really too keen on the gender of the main character, but I'm more interested in the overall look of the game. If having a female Tenkai would make the game look good, then why not? I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be a female lead in Suikoden. Chris Lightfellow did it although she isn't really a Tenkai, but she could become the lead character in Suikoden III. I think it would be pretty interesting.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the perfect time for a female tenkai was suikoden V they missed the chance to make it really special, ten year anniversary game in a kingdom ruled by the female royals... so ... a price leads the army.... something not right in that.

I wouldn't mind a female tenkai in future instalments, in fact anything other than a teenage boy would be quite a refreshing change.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really wouldn't mind, it would completely mess up the chain of heroes though, you don't need a woman tenkai to prove "girl power" or any of that, the strong cast of formiddable females is enough to do that by itself. I don't mind either way, but if they do it just to show equality it'll be wasted on me, I'm already there.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chain of heroes?

Hayashi Ujitsuna, I'm not quite sure I understand what exactly you mean by that...?

So far as I can tell, the hero's haven't been showing any sort of progression or relation...? 0.o

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna, I'm not quite sure I understand what exactly you mean by that...?

I mean, that they should do it if it'll enhance the story, not just to prove a point.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ten to one, if there is a female Tenkai, she'll look butcher than the hero of Suikoden V.

/hate

But yeah. I've been wanting a female Tenkai for a good long while. Even if the Tenkai isn't a woman, I hope there will be female characters I like in the game. Chris was more than enough for me in III, and Kika was good enough for IV, but I wasn't fond of the main women characters in II or V so hopefully they'll go 4 out of 6 with main female characters I like.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Sophita wrote:

I mean, that they should do it if it'll enhance the story, not just to prove a point.

I think they should do it just to do it. I don't think there's really a point to why all the Tenkai have been boys thus far, they just have been. It definately would help the story.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't matter to me as long as the story is good. I've always counted Odessa as a Tenkai because Tenkai brings together the hearts and minds of different people towards a single goal. She does this before she dies.

Some of you forgot to list the Valkyrie Profile series as great games with female leads.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like all new changes to any game it will all depend on how the writers for the next game implements having a female Tenkai. If they decide on making the next Tenkai a female just because they haven't done it before, but didn't have anything in terms of a strong story to build around her then it's a waste of a character.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to see a female Tenkai, though a lot of guys don't seem too thrilled about playing as a girl. Um, hello? All us girl gamers have been playing as guys for quite a while here.
I agree with what I've seen mentioned in this thread before. Her character has to be done just right ((which could be difficult with a silent hero)). It won't be any fun to play as a delicate little flower who can't stand up for herself, but on the flip side, she shouldn't be just a guy with boobs either. So, a strong female lead who can hold her own.

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind to see a female Tenkai, a change is good sometimes who knows maybe it could attract more people adding to the Suikoden fan base, I consider Chris Lightfellow as tenkai and they did a good job on her background, personality and stuff. If they do make one, I hope she have a charm that could attract people like Chris does.

IN AMERICA!
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Do we even know Yuber has a true rune?

Of course it's time there should be a girl Tenkai. There's no reason not to. The idea that it's debatable whether female protagonists are OK makes me very sad.

Yuber does have a true rune its been released that (he,she, it) has the 8-path Rune which is a true rune.

And as for a female tenkai star I am completely open to the idea and I personally like the idea. :)
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pfft, we all know that women aren't strong enough physically or emotionally to lead an army. The first sign of defeat they'd go crying to the men to save them!

All kidding aside (and yes, I was just kidding there) as long as it's done in a way that makes sense, I have no problems with it. I do think they missed a golden opportunity to do so with the Falena section. In a nation ruled by women, I was a little surprised that we didn't actually have a female Tenkai. So long as it doesn't feel like they put a woman in charge just because "Well, it's about time we do so, just put one in there" then I'll be happy. I've never had a problem with a woman as a lead character in my games. Valkyrie Profile is probably the most definitive and best known one, but I would argue that Final Fantasy 6 had a woman for the main character. I know that one is a bit more ambiguous, but Terra and Celes had more of a commanding presence in my mind than the guys did.

Anyways, to sum up, put a woman in charge of the armies and as long as they craft a good story around it, I couldn't care less if it was a Kobold. No beavers though, they don't deserve to live.

~Uguu!~
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It all depends on how they make it. If they're going to make her like some weak sappy person that heroines tend to be (*cough* Miaka *cough*) you can be sure that I'm completely against it. Also, I think it would be better if she was given a very good reason as to why she's the leader, for example like Queen Elizabeth the First.

As for the Falena issue, may I say that the game wouldn't be half as fun if you were playing as a female of the royal line, unless by some coincidence, you got to control the castle. Same thing goes for women; what fun is it to be a female leader if all your allies are female? After all, even in a game like Suikoden, there's some slight evidence of gender bias and these conflicts add a nice little bit of spice to the game rather than having it too PC.

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as it's a good story, then I wouldn't mind a female tenkai. However, if it's the case just to satisfy some strange political correctness goal, then fuck no I'd say. I'm a big fan of how they pulled it off in Wild Arms 3rd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: