Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What if Suikoden VI goes back to Tir???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: What if Suikoden VI goes back to Tir??? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys, just wondering what if Konami decide to set the story back to Tir, no new main character and no new true rune is introduce, will u be disappointed? Hmm...let say the story is set after Suikoden I, Tir's new adventure...
goodbye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wouldn't bother me at all, but it might mess with continuity (in which case it would bother me). Unless they explained where he was off to when he left at the end of I, but it seems like they almost did in II.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know I had the most humorous and brilliant idea. All the heroes from every single Suikoden gather in a room. I guess the only ones talking will be Hugo and Kyril. :) But I don't think they'll ever return to a character, maybe as a cameo but that hasn't been done since Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden II.
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: What if Suikoden VI goes back to Tir??? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LaLaLaVinCE wrote:
Guys, just wondering what if Konami decide to set the story back to Tir, no new main character and no new true rune is introduce, will u be disappointed? Hmm...let say the story is set after Suikoden I, Tir's new adventure...

To be totally honest, yes, I would be disapointed (regardless of who they re-featured as a main character).

Tir's story is done, he's already been given an entire game to himself for his character to develop and for the most part, conclude. Bringing back a main character in a main Suikoden game IMO, signals desperation and lack of ideas in the Konami writing staff about what to do with the series.

This does not mean I wouldn't mind seeing past heroes in future games. In fact Tir's little cameo in II was very nice. I just think the limelight shouldn't be on them.

~Siefer
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Skooboi wrote:
You know I had the most humorous and brilliant idea. All the heroes from every single Suikoden gather in a room. I guess the only ones talking will be Hugo and Kyril. :) But I don't think they'll ever return to a character, maybe as a cameo but that hasn't been done since Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden II.

Okay, so we have the bones of HeroIV while HeroI, HeroII, HeroV speak, and HeroIII-1, HeroIII-2 and HeroIII-3 wonder what they're doing there? :)
goodbye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh I dunno - they're probably well past questioning fate. I guess it'd mainly be heros III & V talking since Tir & Riou are mutes for the most part and seem quite content to mainly jump in with a yes or no answer every now and then (and I doubt heros III & V would ask many questions - besides "whats with these bones?" and "shouldn't someone have buried this guy?").
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Suikoden VI main hero is Tir ,well that's not bothering the matter is will he sill be accompanied by Gremio and the others
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would be disappointed. There's no reason to go back to Tir; his story has been told.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see why you'd need to make Tir the center of another game. The only time I can think of where bringing back a main character worked REALLY well was in Shadow Hearts: Covenant, because Yuri suddenly had an entirely new twist thrown in to his life by the ending of SH1. Tir has no such twist, really.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What matters is "will there be a good story?"
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
What matters is "will there be a good story?"

one as good as 2 and 5.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, 5, anyway. :D

I don't know; to me the Suikoden series has always had a strong theme of the suffering a true rune brings, and how many problems that having that power brings. It is unrealistic, seeing how much Tir suffered - losing family, friends, pretty much everyone dear to him - and having him want to do it all again. I mean, there's a reason he departed off in the middle of the night without telling anyone.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Gaiden dealing with Tir (and Gremio's?) adventures, but I don't think it would make a good plotline for a regular Suikoden.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm guess a gaiden could do better for tir.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Oh I dunno - they're probably well past questioning fate. I guess it'd mainly be heros III & V talking since Tir & Riou are mutes for the most part and seem quite content to mainly jump in with a yes or no answer every now and then (and I doubt heros III & V would ask many questions - besides "whats with these bones?" and "shouldn't someone have buried this guy?").

Or Heros III would be going through his corpse, looking for items.

Tir again? Perhaps as a cameo in the last Suikoden. I mean, well, I did like the kid, but as Sophita said, he's already had his major story told. Not to mention that he has already had a cameo in Suiko II.
No, I think it may be someone else's turn to shine. There's no need to be greedy, Tir.
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I is my favorite game of all time, one aspect being that Tir is one of my favorite protagonists in any game. If they made a new game with Tir as the leader, I would be glad :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: