Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

War Unit names and possible benefits?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: War Unit names and possible benefits? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure some of you have noticed that if you put certain groups of people together, their war unit name is changed. Two examples I know of are Roy and his crew become Bandit (Infantry) and Logg, Kisara and Lun will form the Parent/Child Archer Boat.

My question is two-fold.

1. Do you know of any others?

2. Do these war unit groupings have any tangible benefit aside from changing the unit's name? Maybe bonus ATK or DEF?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Putting the two mercs together gives you the Lindbwurm Cavalry (I think I butchered the spelling).

Having a beaver as a leader makes the unit a beaver unit (good against boats)

Having either of the inventor or his assistant as a leader makes the unit a ballista unit.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With Isabel leading a unit and Mathias as her Vice-Commander, the unit name becomes "Maximillian Lance" or "Maximillian Ram."

I can't tell if the special unit names give bonuses, but some units (the Lindwurm Cavalry, in particular) are powerful enough that they really don't need it.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Units with special names apparently do get bonuses in attack and defense.
Others I know are "Elven Archers" (Isato and Urda), Island Nations Archers/Archer Boat (Bernadette, Yahr, Nelis), and the Lelcar Units (Changes unit type depending on whether Wasil, Volga, or Oroch is the leader or not).
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A combo of Logg-Lun-Kisara gives you a Parent-Child Unit. At least when it's a boat.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
Island Nations Archers/Archer Boat (Bernadette, Yahr, Nelis), and the Lelcar Units (Changes unit type depending on whether Wasil, Volga, or Oroch is the leader or not).

The Island Nations unit does that as well. Putting Yahr in command gives you an Island Nations Infantry/Com Ship.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can believe that the Lindwurm Cavalry gets an attack and defense bonus. It's the only one that I've gotten the characters to assemble so far, and it's wicked powerful. I'm trying fervently to avoid scoring anything less than a Victory+ in any of the major battles...

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didnt know you could get a better rating than Victory+. I just thought the + was just something they added on for the heck of it. Makes me wish I saved before all the major battles so I could go back and play them to see if I can get a ++ because so far all I've gotten is the one +.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think you can get any better than a +, I had one major battle where I did not lose a single soldier and I ended up with a Victory+. Sweet cash reward though, with zero casualties. :)

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Victory+ is timed based, I've one two battles without losing a single soldier (the doraat siege and the queen's campaign) but I only got Victory.
Maddoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Occasionally, Victory+ also seems to be based on meeting certain prerequisites during battles.
For example, I've noticed that completely eliminating the enemy in any battle where you're only supposed to push them back or reach a certain location will result in Victory no matter how many soldiers you've lost.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
Victory+ is timed based, I've one two battles without losing a single soldier (the doraat siege and the queen's campaign) but I only got Victory.

I doubt that. I spent 45 minutes on the battle for Stormfist and still got a Victory+.
jasonm17

3378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it possible to acquire a Victory+ when defending Lordlake? My casualties weren't that high (less than 300) and I feel that I finished in a moderate amount of time. Lucretia ended the battle becuase I had defeated enough units apparently.
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering if there is a list of all the unit names and what characters needed for them.

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

only ones i've done is putting whilmer, mueller and richard to make one and then belcoot, zegai and shoon to make another one. but last time i checked gamefaq they didn't have any thing like that on there.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: