Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

When will Genso Suikoden VI take place?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's pretty much what I meant, SME was show cased. The nations I listed were not (to the extent that the protagonist story were focused there). This makes them potential targets for future games. There is still enough that can be learned and filled in. SME is pretty much done and if we find out anything new, it will probably be thru character info, i.e. this character came from this place where this happened at this point in time.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea, too bad I almost flunk math in my card so my Mom didn't buy me a Ps2 for S3/S4/S5 to play. Just saying. Still fuming with that (and s6 being on Wii...I want to since I want to play Pokemon but..)

Getting back to topic, surely Harmonia would be the last place for the last installment. I bet my possible Ps2 on it on the future.

Nameless Lands is something I'd like to see, frankly. I don't think they'd use a place that was closely mentioned or emphasized in Suikoden V. They'd probably go back to a place mentioned before, minus Harmonia, to give us some "surprise"
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I expect it to be in harmonia or tinto. Heck Katana would be a nice place, although it's to tiny for a prolonged civil war. Maybe Katana would be the antagonist nation attacking Zelant or something.

That would rule.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is so much I would like to see in the new suikoden game, such as more Scarelt Moon events. Like the inncident at Kalekka, it would be good to be fighting as part of the empire rather than against it for a difference in perspective. He would be able to know characters such as Achilles and also see Humphrey Mintz as an imperial general.

I like the nostalgia in games when you see characters you recognise, so as long as its set close to the events of 1,2,3 or 5 I'd be happy, its the reason why 4 was a let down for me.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Genso Suikoden VI should take place in Zexen and Grassland you know on a large scale than Genso Suikoden III I mean you still have the whole grassland out there and there must be more to zexen that just three or four village and a cave. and there must be more the grassland that only a couble of clans.

I mean look at grassland is huge and Zexen is huge and there is a war going on called the Zexen Tinto War I would like to know how that turns out or something like that.

And It would be nice to have a large war cambain like the on in Genso Suikoden V cause I love it I mean I felt Like I was leading the army and the war was take a toll on my, (ask My secound class English teacher).

Yes something like that and there were a lot of children they could you know grow up and I am sure that apple would be there and hugo and Thomes and Chris.
Rakuna

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last time I checked, the Zexen Federation actually wasn't that large. Not compared to the Grasslands, anyway.

I don't really mind where VI takes place. Though I would maybe like to see it happen within Harmonia. It's known to be a powerful nation. And quite large, too, I think. And I would hope it would at least take place after II. I didn't like the going-back-in-time thing too much.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rakuna wrote:
Last time I checked, the Zexen Federation actually wasn't that large. Not compared to the Grasslands, anyway.

I don't really mind where VI takes place. Though I would maybe like to see it happen within Harmonia. It's known to be a powerful nation. And quite large, too, I think. And I would hope it would at least take place after II. I didn't like the going-back-in-time thing too much.

I agree also, I did not like the going back in time thing either. Playing suikoden I have got to know and like certain characters so its nice to see them reappearing.

I would love to see what Gregminster looks like in glorious 3D.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Konami has been building courage to go into the post-Suikoden III timeline. They might still have Murayama's original plans leading to the conclusion of the series, but whether they use those plans is anybody's guess. However, they are running out of characters and locations to refer to in the pre- Suikoden I era, so unless they want to base more pre- Suikoden I games on Suikoden IV and V, they're going to have to venture forward in the timeline.

I think that with the long pause now in effect, that's just what they're going to do, to come all out with a new "future" Suikoden for a new console. That way, they'll be able to reference the future prospects of Suikoden, Suikoden II and III again.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm almost possitve that it will take place before S3. In the manga Luc made it clear that Hugo is not a hero atleast not yet that there is somthing else he has to save. Also Luc gifted Hugo with vissions of the 'Ashen Furture' and a hate for Hikusaak. So the next game Hugo appears in will most likely be the second to last and the last may start with Hugo trying to assainate Hikusaak.

CLERKS

Last edited by Zaj I mean Mike on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:35 am; edited 2 times in total
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would enjoy seeing Hikusaak dislocating Hugo's arm if ever he did try to attempt that...
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

a thousand years before suioden 3
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Count me amongst fans who'd prefer Suikoden VI to be sandwiched somewhere in middle of the 15-year gap between parts II and III. I just feel that said timeline is ripe for at least one really good story to be told.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: This is a repost but i think this topic is better suited for Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow i can't believe i've never noticed how well the true runes do fit the tarot.

honestly i would love to see a game based in Harmonia. Possible about how the Circle Rune, the rune of Order and Stagnation, that the ruler of harmonia holds is keeping the Harmonian empire from advancing (I imagine that would make a lot of people in their government angery). Plus, in S3 one harmonian prince, Luc tries to destroy the world and the other, Sasarai, betrayed his orders to take over the grasslands. On top of all that Harmonia has been losing a lot of wars recently, that has to make the citizens question the government a little. I mean with all these elements you have the perfect recipe for a revolution.

Not to mention Konami could include elements in the story to answer some unanswered questions. Like what happened to Windy, who was MiA after S1 if i'm not mistaken, or what is the Howling Voice Guild? Harmonia holds so much potential for a GREAT game it's not even funny.
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: when not where... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thread asks "where" n this one "when" so here goes....I say Suikoden VI would take place around 50 years after Suikoden V then going back n forth 100 years before n after leading to time turbulence of Suikoden I n IV (confused n bittered my self - just like Lorelai ending in Suikoden V pointing up north to Scarlet Moon Empire?)
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Zaj I mean Mike"]I'm almost possitve that it will take place before S3. In the manga Luc made it clear that Hugo is not a hero atleast not yet that there is somthing else he has to save. Also Luc [i]gifted[/i] Hugo with vissions of the 'Ashen Furture' and a hate for Hikusaak. So the next game Hugo appears in will most likely be the second to last and the last may start with Hugo trying to assainate Hikusaak.[/quote]

Wait, Muruyama said that Grassland = Mongolia and Harmonia = Russia, right?
If they make a game where Hugo unites the Grassland and rapes the entire continent, just like gengis khan did (Russia was one of the first victims), than it would be awesome. Too bad tha doesnt fit well in the "108 stars fighting agaisnt a unjust regime".
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: