Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

When will Genso Suikoden VI take place?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: When will Genso Suikoden VI take place? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

.. Well, I have no content of my own here, but I'd figure this is an important topic. Will the VI be the last one, the conclusion of the series?
Will it be one more chapter? When will it take place?
Simon Silverberg

SSNP

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it sure won't be the last game in the series.

There's still Harmonia, Nameless Lands, newly discovered western continent, Gaien maybe, Kanakan maybe, million worlds (ok probably not this one). So there is room for at least 3 games. As for when it'll take place I won't try to guess as nothing is known about the game at the moment. Damn let me beat up Suikoden V first!!

Maybe the known places like Kanakan and Gaien will be kept for spinoffs of the main series, like Tactics.

What I'd really like to see is a Suikoden Online... that would rules big time!!!

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's difficult to assume when the next game will take place. In my opinion, the best course of action would be to go even farther back and show Hikusaak and the creation of Harmonia. Of course, with them revealing the location of at least one new continent, along with a chunk of land that could be another continent it would be a waste not to expand on the possibilities set forth there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
It's difficult to assume when the next game will take place. In my opinion, the best course of action would be to go even farther back and show Hikusaak and the creation of Harmonia. Of course, with them revealing the location of at least one new continent, along with a chunk of land that could be another continent it would be a waste not to expand on the possibilities set forth there.

Actually, I believe it's most effective to tell that kind of story after their time /deeds are done (i.e. MGS 3, Suikoden III epilogue, etc.).

Frankly, I don't care when the next game takes place, as long as there IS a next game, I'll be happy (and the quality level remains, or is close to V's level).

~Siefer
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is hard to say when it will take place without knowing where. Likewise, knowing when might help eliminate where it could take place.

I'll say it will stay within the realm of Suikoden 1-3, 5 and not be 150 years back... I think Konami may be cautious going forward in VI in that they don't want to alienate their fans again. If Suikoden V sales in Japan are any indication, after the debacle that was IV, the public spoke with their wallets and sales were hurt in V. Of course with V being a better game, recognized as such by many already, I believe Konami will keep the game near the Suikoden 1-3 and 5 timeline. I don't think they'll risk a major change again for a while.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm hoping for it to be a couple of years after 3 or after 2.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i think that they will Either use one of the new kingdoms we found and have it set in one of thouse down in the southern continet((i never heard anythying of a west continent is it in Suikoden V)) and of course we can not for get about the poor sindarians((they'll end up with guns in my opinion)) who will never stop mioving((i think they're hq may just be a floating fortress since the keep moving or something like that)) As long as our base isn't like a giant ship and especcially ont in some giant animal-_- that would kill me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully after III..with Tsugawa doing the scenario
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just wish it'll be after III and the hero will get some kind of nice sword. I'm getting sikc of all these prequels and funny weapons.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found nothing wrong with any of the weapons III had knives and swords IV had double swords nothing wrong with that and V has a Falena Crown Jewel it would make since for the hero to have something of importance to the queendom. I just hope that we can see guns again :) maybe a gunblade
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone else agree with me on this? When I played through Suikoden 3 I noticed that there was a whole lot of kids. Then it caught on to me that this was meant for a sequal so that most of the kids can be returning characters. But sadly that never materialized. So I'm guessing maybe 6 will be after Suikoden 3?
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Skooboi wrote:
Anyone else agree with me on this? When I played through Suikoden 3 I noticed that there was a whole lot of kids. Then it caught on to me that this was meant for a sequal so that most of the kids can be returning characters. But sadly that never materialized. So I'm guessing maybe 6 will be after Suikoden 3?

I hope so. Why does everyone think it'll be inbetween 1 and 2? -_-

Sort of off topic but I want Yuber and the other guy to be in VI also (don't know how to spell his name).
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 3- Sequel Potential because of the kids
Suikoden 1-Hard to make returning characters because they were almost all adults
Suikoden 2-Actually full of customization because of both kids and adults

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's the current timeline.. ?

IV : -150 years
I : 0
V : ?
II : +5-10 years

.. Where's III ?
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Skooboi wrote:

When I played through Suiko III, part of the undercurrent to the story was that the world that had been shaped before in a certain way by people much older than the kids in the story, would inevitably be left in the hands of those same kids that participated, and that they too had the power in their hands [as chancellors of the future, so to speak] to change whatever future that lie in front of them and not be limited to what went on before them. The scenario set it up that after the FC vanished 50 years prior to the beginning of Suiko III, everyone went back to doing what they had done before and it took the FC this time around to change the way things were so that everyone could work together to defeat Luc, and continue to work together for their common good long after the battle was over.

Me myself, I can't possibly pick what I would like to know more about. I would like to know how the Grasslands held up after that battle with Luc, I would love to know how Dunan and Toran got along after their respective games, I'd want to know more about the Nameless lands that Mua came from, I want to know why Harmonia's jonesing for True Runes...there are so many unanswered questions that I'm not terribly picky about what or where the next game comes from or what timeline it deals with, I just want to know all the things I don't know now.

Trevoke wrote:

.. Where's III ?

III happens 15 years after II.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: