Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

True Runes (no. of)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: True Runes (no. of) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since for the last two Suikodens, IV and V, they only introduced one True Rune per game, Rune of Punishment and Sun Rune respectively and especially since they've now begun introducing these 'one of a kind runes' like the Dawn, Twilight and Star runes so there's still the feel of runes clashing with each other to balance off the fact of there being only a single True Rune introduced, I'm beginning to think Konami is going to continue with this 'one new True Rune per game' trend so that they can stretch out the franchise as long as they can. So I think the next Suikoden may only really have one new True Rune. I really hope I'm proved wrong tho...

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that's the case, Suikoden III annoyed me to no end by revealing 5 new runes but not really focusing on any of them except a little bit of history.

Keep in mind we've got a limited number of true runes available to us. :(
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking about True Runes the other day... and i thought. Why couldn't they use old runes to reperesent them in new 'liht' or something like that. Cause i would really like to se more of Sasarai and True Earth, Moon rune and ofcourse the begining (soul eater is too much cause it was in I, II and IV)..

Anyways... for new runes... i think that there shoul be Flora rune or something like that, Cuse Beast Rune was reperesentativ for animals and savage part of nature.

But it's still too early to speculate about this...or not. Cause Suikoden 5 hitted us really soon after Tactics.
Yam Koo

Mighty Dragoons of Draconia

10296 Potch
1050 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, in my opinion I like the idea of only getting one main rune, while getting a few lesser runes to support it. It shows that there will be more on the single runes history. Too many runes means that their indivisual histories will be less. I pretty much said what hawlthanatos. But I agree with him.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I was thinking that they might try to "go back" to some of the runes used in the past, but were not really on the "hero's side." For example, the Night, Moon, Sovereign, and Beast runes. The Beast Rune would be perfect for any plot centered around the Higheast Rebellion.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the idea of going back to to some older True Runes and getting more of a backstory. There's still the issue of where the True Wind and Beast Rune are at, as well as the "MIA" Soverigen and Back Gate rune(or was it the front, have'nt played SuikoI in a while)

As for a new rune, I'd like to see something that shows powers of Space or Gravity. Or something funky like that:P

Last edited by Blazing Camp on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soul Eater brought up the theme of Life and death.

Begining was talking about two aspekts that world lies on, offcourse about creation it self, their rival aspekt and brotherhood. Or should i say just yin-yan theory.

Elemnt runes were reperesenting nature and the concept of harmony .
The harmony of elemnts they create although they're so diferrent ( Fire/Water - Hugo/Chris [although enemys two of them, they had to combine their forces to beat up the 'bad' guy... just ], Wind/Earth - Luc/Sasarai...etc)

Punishment was representing Man's psihological side and his power of judging what's good and what's bad. The rune it self reflected bearers personality and in the end 'punishing' or 'forgiving' him.

Every rune has it's methaforical meaning, i supose that Sun rune too has h.ell of a story... i'll see it when i beat the game.

So folowing this mesanings i would love to se something that touches themes of people emotions and their control over them.
I always find it interessting how people control their emotions in ceratain curcemstances. Their side of story etc.
So how about rune that has influence over that, giving it's bearer power to see into people hearts.

This type of rune wouldn't be good for main character but it would be good to see it on somebody like leknaat.
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beast Rune could easily have a very sad story written for it. The rune takes sacrifices and blood, I wouldn't be surprised if there existed some other runes like the Twilight and Dawn rune to surpress it. Compared to the other runes, the Sun rune is extremely strong, decimating a whole town with the potential of an entire country. I guess this was what Luc was trying to go for?

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Omg... i read it and spoiled bit of story of 5 :(

anyways... the more i read posts of fans the more i see that there are some really creative ideas among our discussions.

It's sad that Konami's stuff si ignoring the main suikoden story puting up new parts of series just to pick up money. weather they're good or bad (IV , V) they're missing thing's that we're all interested in....

(Pesmerga, Yuber .. runes thar disappeared misterously..etc)
If they abandon the roots of main storyline for Suikoden series it's gonna suck big time.
I mean common, who doesn't want to see what happened to Windy and barbarossa and what happened to two true runes, what happened with Sasarai
, who Leknaat really is and so on ... i'm really not satisfyed with sentence or two in the ending of the games.)
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

one question has been burning my brain up since she first became playable:

is zerase's star rune a true rune? it would fall in the line of sun, (blue) moon, star, etc, so it made me wonder if that's a possibility.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The star rune is not a true rune. It's a child rune of the Night Rune.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like them reveal the ones we know about but haven't been shown, Sovereign Rune played a part in Suikoden but we don't even know what it looks like, there's the Eightfold that we know very little about and the Night Rune which we've only seen in sword form.
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bright Shield Rune bearer wrote:
Omg... i read it and spoiled bit of story of 5 :(

anyways... the more i read posts of fans the more i see that there are some really creative ideas among our discussions.

It's sad that Konami's stuff si ignoring the main suikoden story puting up new parts of series just to pick up money. weather they're good or bad (IV , V) they're missing thing's that we're all interested in....

(Pesmerga, Yuber .. runes thar disappeared misterously..etc)
If they abandon the roots of main storyline for Suikoden series it's gonna suck big time.
I mean common, who doesn't want to see what happened to Windy and barbarossa and what happened to two true runes, what happened with Sasarai
, who Leknaat really is and so on ... i'm really not satisfyed with sentence or two in the ending of the games.)

As mentioned before, I do not think it's the matter of them abandoning or "forgetting" about some of the things you mentioned, but rather saving them for a later time.

Yuber/Leknaat are obviously important characters in the history of the Suikoden world and I feel that their conclusive "end" won't come until the end, or near the end of the series. Besides that, Yuber has already "starred" in Suikoden III and has made appearances in I and II, let's give some new characters a time to shine eh?

As for the whereabouts/fate of the missing runes/characters, I feel that was done intentionally. By leaving things open-ended, the player is free to speculate about how things may/may not have ended, just look at a large chunk of this forum or Suikosource, most of it is dedicated to speculation on unanswered questions, and that's what makes the discussion interesting. Of course, it also gives the writers a fall-back in case they ever want to re-incorporate these characters into future games...

As for Sasarai, like many others, I feel that Harmonia's story won't really come until the final, or close to the final Suikoden game. They and the Sindar, seem to be the central powers that control/influence the majority of the world (or in the case of the Sindar, controlled in the past tense).

~Siefer
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really doubt that the "one rune a game" trend will continue, for one simple reason: One of these days, they've got to take us to Harmonia. Hikusaak has been searching for True Runes for four hundred years; I think it's more than likely that the True Earth and True Wind Runes aren't the only ones he has or had embedded in clones. Therefore, when we finally get to see Harmonia from the inside, the odds of new True Runes popping up are not at all bad. Of course, Konami could do another prequel going back to the early days of Harmonia, but since it's likely that the series will end in Harmonia, it doesn't seem like they'd want to make two Harmonia-based games.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i think it would be good if they were to bring up the Elemtental True Runes since we did'nt see much from them and they weren't they're own personnal attacks. the only thing we learned was that Jimba and the Flame Champion once had water and fire and then we know the Luc((even though it begins to go missing)) Earth and Lighting((sarasarii and Geddoie))we just know that they had it at one point
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: