Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where Will Suikoden VI Take Place? Speculate Here! (Spoiler!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That could work, as long as the story didn't stay in just that area. That's one thing about Suikoden. There is always diversity among the ranks of the 108. Honestly, the idea of an elven tenkai has been brought up before. I think it would take one hell of a plot to make it work, though.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: The Elven Ruins in Nameless Land Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How bout this: After years of agony and sorrow, watching how humans use, abuse, n overuse the True Runes, the sacred hidden Elven Ruins finally take charge, n tragically just after their Grand Elf Soqotra loses his life saving his youngest son Sadewa from the evil hand of Vikario (Viki's brother). Sadewa inherits Soqotra's Kalimusada (Rune of Supremacy) yet due to his young age cannot control its power and eventually destroy most of the Elven Ruins. Expelled by his own race, Sadewa must find his way to restore peace to his hometown and take his revenge against Vikario who happens to take side with a certain Queen battling a band of rebel army. The rest .........would this be a good enough plot so that Suikoden VI could start from the Elven Ruins in Nameless Land????
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Supremacy? Sounds too much like Sovereign. Also, in order for the elves to not seem evil themselves, their enemy must be some sort of oppressive society. If "Vikario" is at the helm of an empire, this might work, although using Viki's brother would seem to convenient, I think.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":zp72d2c0]Supremacy? Sounds too much like Sovereign. Also, in order for the elves to not seem evil themselves, their enemy must be some sort of oppressive society. If "Vikario" is at the helm of an empire, this might work, although using Viki's brother would seem to convenient, I think.

There were the elves in Suikoden I who to start with, had the idea they were racially superior to humans and dwarves, so it is entirely possible we see elves who act like this in other parts of the Suiko-world/verse/verses.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What does that have to do with the elves not seeming evil for attacking another nation without just cause? Just because it is in their nature, doesn't mean the Tenkai should side with them. Obviously, there are evil Tenkais (would tenkai be it's own plural?) out there, but I couldn't see a Suikoden with an evil protagonist Tenkai.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Soverign vs Supremacy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elven superior to human, mmm, sounds even more interesting, don't you think? N bout sovereign versus supremacy, totally different, I should say. I mean, Rune of Sovereign has the power to suppress while Rune of Supremacy has the power to oppress n therefore more offensive and destructive.
So, I suppose the idea that the Suikoden VI will have the Elven play the new tenkai would make it in that the events will take place somewhere in the Elven Ruins n spread throughout the Nameless Land? Oh, I wouldn't go for an evil protagonist throughout the game, but maybe at the start or first chapters because of the vengeance kinda thing Sadewa has against Vikario! Even better; the ending could have Sadewa evil forever (bad ending) or Sadewa realizes his true meaning of Tenkai and other SoDs (good ending)?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I highly doubt the suppression of magics is the only function of the Sovereign Rune. Don't forget that all non-elemental true runes so far (as best we know) have a duality to them. The defensive capabilities spoke of in Suikoden I might be offset by terrible offensive powers, for all we know.The concept of the Sovereign Rune, though, is rulership over others (thus, arguably, the Black/Conquerer runes could have a parent/child connection). If not power over others, then Supremacy would have to be ultimate power, which would not make for a good true rune concept. Supreme power, in and of itself, is not an elemental (or perhaps fundamental is better suited) force of nature. The moon, the sun, darkness, the five elements, life and death, chaos, balance, punishment and atonement. These are all specific and natural concepts. Ultimate power, on the other hand, can be derived from many different sources.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune of Supremacy not as the ultimate power but it reflects the fact that Elves have always thought of them being superior to humans. It does not have to be the ultimate power cos after the battle of Sword and Shield, none of the true runes bear any ultimate power unless Konami dare to introduce one, unless Konami has the idea of Hikuusak being the Only One?
And about Sovereign power to suppress, well, Barbarossa is/was the living proof of that, until Stars of Destiny gather. When one True Rune of either Sword or Shield descendant provokes, then SoD gather.
Back to where...Elf for the new Tenkai in Suikoden VI, makes for the Elven Ruins in Nameless Land?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did not deny the ability of the Sovereign Rune to "supress". And, as for Supremacy reflecting the superiority complex so common in elves, the runes are supposed to pre-date human and elven kind, so such things should hold no bearing over how the runes power manifests.

[quote="boed666":31zl9f4p]And about Sovereign power to suppress, well, Barbarossa is/was the living proof of that, until Stars of Destiny gather. When one True Rune of either Sword or Shield descendant provokes, then SoD gather.
Back to where...Elf for the new Tenkai in Suikoden VI, makes for the Elven Ruins in Nameless Land?

Umm, what? I'm not sure I follow. That looks like a jumble of multiple thoughts, but there will never be a True Sword Rune or True Shield Rune. They are supposed to be catalysts to the creation of the runes, not runes themselves. The closest we would get are the unique rune combo of Black Sword and Bright Shield, which are just manifestations of the Rune of the Beginning. If you are asking if an elf could work, sure. Why not? If you are asking if there could be an elven ruin in the Nameless Lands, I'll buy that, too. Especially, since Roland suggested such in Suikoden III (not outright, but by his longing comment and his northward facing)

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Descendant of Sword and Shield, I did not mention true rune of sword / shield; and yes, although I have never finished Suikoden III, everything about the Nameless Lands hold their own virtue of becoming the next potential region where Suikoden VI should take place.
As for multiple jumble thoughts, well, what I meant was that Barbarossa held the suppressing power quite well yet he started losing it when Windy took action and the SoD started gathering. This is the legendary cycle of chaos and stagnation, ain't it? When one True Rune starts acting to overpower the other, then the Stars of Destiny will commence its cycle.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you mean "Descendant of the Sword and Shield"? They do not have offspring. Their bodies are the earth and sky. Even the true runes aren't really "descendant" from them.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm, I may have misinterpreted the following then:
In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.

I dunno, you may be right in saying that true runes are not offspring of Sword and Shield.
But out of these fine lines, Konami has made one helluva RPG we both love.
Going back to the subject in hand, the place where the events will take place; I guess, judging from every nook n cranny, I really have to go for Nameless Lands.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":hrlq2r4s]What does that have to do with the elves not seeming evil for attacking another nation without just cause? Just because it is in their nature, doesn't mean the Tenkai should side with them. Obviously, there are evil Tenkais (would tenkai be it's own plural?) out there, but I couldn't see a Suikoden with an evil protagonist Tenkai.

Well I was addressing the word "supremacy?" in your post.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ujitsuna":3rgjaeg1][quote="TruePerception": 3rgjaeg1]What does that have to do with the elves not seeming evil for attacking another nation without just cause? Just because it is in their nature, doesn't mean the Tenkai should side with them. Obviously, there are evil Tenkais (would tenkai be it's own plural?) out there, but I couldn't see a Suikoden with an evil protagonist Tenkai.

Well I was addressing the word "supremacy?" in your post.

Oh, sorry. I misinterpreted your response. Yeah, my point wasn't "where did that name come from?", but more of a "How is that different from the previously known Sovereign Rune?"

jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Where Will Suikoden VI Take Place? Speculate Here! (Spoi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well after tierkries of course there's 6 ,but i wonder if it will take place in one of those parrellel worlds and how about that one of those worlds interfere in another one or maybe there will be some collision between them or something ,and a war start ,and the hero must stop the war and kill the person responsible of this , and of course there must be a new true rune , but what i need most is to see harmonia and to have a game in this country
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: