Suikoden Ugly and Informational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where Will Suikoden VI Take Place? Speculate Here! (Spoiler!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh? I said that it was just a Castle and a village or two Certainly smaller than what we saw of Kooluk yet. So I guess it could also be that Kooluk isn't much bigger. But let's just end this talk here.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
I think they'll go somewhere outside the Southern Continent personally, maybe to Zelant or the Western Continent, I think New Armes has had it's story told, however short it was.
:(

I don't think we'll be seeing the western continent just yet. Perhaps as a newly-introduced enemy nation (or at least reference it by name), but not as the Tenkai's base of operations. I only say that because, to date, no Suikoden game has used a previously unnamed nation or region as its setting. But you never know. Konami may surprise us an break from that tradition, though I tend to doubt it. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The developers have been to SuikoX and the next nation will be Makanakuy... or maybe NorĂ°eland ;)

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
The developers have been to SuikoX and the next nation will be Makanakuy... or maybe NorĂ°eland ;)

I was joking about that with someone, 'what if the next game had a nation like one of ours, omg that would be so weird".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Ted' origin? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...anyone still remember where Ted came from? U know, the guy who held the Soul Eater before Tir McDohl?
Salamander

I iron your FACE!

306964 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ted came from The Village of the Hidden Rune. But it wasn't revealed where in the world the place was located.
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Where Will Suikoden VI Take Place? Speculate Here! (Spoi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Village of the Hidden Rune, now that's something, ain't it!!! Hmmm, wonder if Konami still has the guts ... Soul Eater, to me, sounds like THE rune that started the whole ordeal due to its nature, don't u think? And Ted...well, i love to see how the story of his unfold giving much space to Suikoden universe! Not just because he was chased by Windy, think about it....every Tenkai Stars engulfed by Soul Eater being out of control, and warped to the time when there was only one Rune, the only True Rune of Origin in the Village of the Hidden Rune.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That goes against the story of creation, though, being that all the true runes were made in the aftermath of the battle between Sword and Shield. It also goes against the nature of the true runes that is given in the various games. I do not believe that the Rune of Life & Death is even among the strongest. Sun, Circle, Change, Night, and Beginning seem, to me, to be the greatest of the true runes.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Back to the issue of where... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, I know I may have too much an obsession with the Soul Eater, he he he....(it was the first RPG that held me so long til now); not arguing about which True Rune is the strongest but hey Sun, Change, Night, Beginning, ...these True Runes might have bigger impact in terms of climate change but Soul Eater, well, the name says it all, it eats souls of those whom the bearer love, just like the case of Tir McDohl losing his most beloved father in a very traumatic way, to me. It is 'life and death' as you put it. Climate may change, but when it comes to where Suikoden 6 would / should take place, I go for the origin of the Soul Eater. This Rune plays a pivotal role among other True Runes. We, or I at least, would badly want to find out of its origin, and since Ted was the one before Tir, and he came from the Village of the Hidden Rune, I would go for this idea....and the name, Village, don't you think this would be a perfect start for a cinematic in the Suikoden 6 where our new Tenkai, a 17-year old boy with his friends playing around when they accidentally find pieces of shattered Sword and Shield? The rest,........
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Soul Eater" is a misnomer. The Rune of Life & Death (as is it's actual title) does not steal the souls of those closest to the bearer, but actually gains strength in the completion of their life cycles. This is why, even though Gremio dies, he is able to be revived, and also how the rune does not grow weaker after Gremio is revived. The title Soul Eater is just people's perception of the curse of bearing the rune. Just like the Rune of Punishment is "cursed" because it feeds off the energy of it's bearer, as punishment for using it's power. It is not really just draining bearers like a parasite, but instead looking for a bearer to atone by proving themselves worthy to weild it. Similarly, the Rune of Life & Death seems to cause death to those around it who use its power, but will serve one who serves it's own purpose. In this case, enhancing the life cycles of others, as well as completing life cycles. "Playing Death", if you will.

Edit: Sorry, just finished reading your post. I don't think a lot of people would go for that story, since Sword and Shield were supposed to have created the heavens, earth, and stars in their battle. No humans should have been around before the event. Not to mention, according to the myth, fragments of Sword and Shield would not be found together (as one became the sky, and the other, Shield, I think, became the earth), so this would negate them finding the remains eons down the road, too.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmmm, you may have again another point there, still, I was trying to pinpoint to the issue of this thread, where S6 should take place. I really would go for the Village of the Hidden Rune since this starts the Suikoden ordeal, at least fans (me particularly) would be dying to see the past and the present connections. It may even further the story cos nothing has been told about this village nor its whereabout, as noted by Salamader up here. Yes, it may even open the possibility of our new Tenkai being in and about the western continent.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Village of the Hidden Rune only "starts the ordeal" if you focus solely on the Soul Eater. I couldn't see the VoHR being a focal point for the story. Maybe a side stop. Especially, if the game takes place in Harmonia. I've always assumed VoHR is somewhere in Harmonia (It just makes sense when you factor in the Clan of the Gate massacre and Windy's attack on VoHR, and Windy's revenge. It would make sense for her to remain on the continent.). I, like many others, would prefer the story to visit someplace mentioned before, but not explored, and that can support a major conflict; such as Zelant, New Armes, Nagaera, Gaien, Katana, Kanakan, or the Nameless Lands.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: focal point of the story? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@Trueperception, do you mean this? the story = Suikoden VI, or the story = Suikoden universe? Cos if you're saying that my choice of VoHR as the focal point of the story FOR Suikoden VI does not hold ground, I totally disagree.
And about Windy's attack on VoHR, well, she's a True Rune bearer, in Suikoden universe, traversing from one place to another is the real deal. So, it wouldn't make sense that you thought of Windy had to remain on the same area. She ended up marrying Barbarossa in SME, right? No, I don't think VoHR is in Harmonia. It has to be in the western continent, at least that's what I can think of. And to think that you actually stated "someplace mentioned before, but not explored"; yess, naturally, the Village of Hidden Rune fits the frame. Be it in Nameless land, or the western continent!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... "and that can support a major conflict"

That's a major part. The VoHR is not large enough to be the focal point. It is a small reclusive village of maybe 50 people. Maybe, the main character could be from there, but even that would be a stress because of the out of the way nature of the village. And yes, I did mean, story or Suikoden VI (or whatever game it may be). And, VoHR doesn't have to be anywhere in particular. It merely made sense to me that it would be in or near Harmonia, just like it makes sense to you that it would be on the Western Continent.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, it does make sense. Whoa! didn't realize that we've been too VoHR-minded! Okay okay, one thing that strikes me ... the place cannot be separated from who (or what) the main character will be, right? I mean, what if an Elf becoming the Tenkai? That would mean anywhere in Suiko world, ain't it? And to me, an Elf would also be a perfect choice for a new Tenkai; judging from their abilities in battle, n how they have always helped previous Tenkai Stars. Think about it, every Suiko series reveals how the Elves hate to be part (Dwarf, Beaver, n other non human, I guess) in the conflict. But in the end, they end up helping our Tenkai. Makes me wonder if during the olden n golden days, there used to be one Elf that held the key to certain mystery in Suikoden??? And this elder died n his (our Tenkai) son inherit the True Rune....... so, okay, willing to give up on VoHR, how bout this one? What if Suiko 6 takes place in the most remote area in Suiko world where only the grand elves live???
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: