Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

`It's the little things` - little gems in Suikoden V?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry if this is mentioned before elsewhere but I just got Sorensen in my party to go do the bridge quest but before I got out the door of the laboratory, when I talked to him he said "I wonder what Lady Saileeds wants with Gizel, I hope they are done talking..." what the hell? I'm remembering that to be Lyon's line back in stormfist before the games, how did it get repeated by him after all this time? after I got out the door there was the Lu scene and after it Sorensen talked about the bridge again. Did anyone else get this? I can't imagine why that line would pop up, is that like an error default line? if so was it said by anyone else?
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my first playthrough, when Alenia got lucky at Doraat and after the scene with Miakis, Zerase has a small scene to herself. On my second playthrough, I had Jeane before Doraat and she and Zerase had a 'talk' after the Miakis scene. I thought that was pretty cool.

I also liked the subtle changes that occur if you recruit someone differently. For example: First playthrough I got Babbage and Sorenson after the gear room had been uncovered and I took them to the room on the way back from the bridge. They decided to stay and check it out, then I went and got Lu and found that she was a lousy house keeper.

Second playthough I thought I was being smart and got Sorenson earlier to the bridge. The recruiting changed drastically, as I had to wait until I got the 2nd stage of the castle before I could recruit Babbage - and found that he'd been the one to mess the workshop, not Lu.

I found it funny. ^_^

There's really just too much to list!
VaeVictis

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*SPOILER*

In addition to many of the other things listed I liked a real subtle detail. After you leave your base and Georg tells you personally that he killed the queen and mentions that you probably hate him, and you say "I never felt that way" and you befriend him immediately, the box pops up literally right after his response, a nice little touch.

Also, this is the wrong place for this but I would like to say hello! This is my first post here, I have been coming to SARS forums for a couple years now, but have never posted. I look forward to actually talking with people instead of just reading and observing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Roc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

What about Suikoden 2? Karen used her nails!

All hail the Blacksmith who can sharpen someone's HANDS!

First off, Peggi, S3's blacksmith, sharpend A DOLL!!!

Secondly, i find the variety of weapon types in the game to be quite refreshig.

Among them, aside from the standard swords, axes, bows, ect, we have:

1. a book
2. a shovel
3. a gun
4. a conducter's wand
5. a huge boomerang
6. Giant Knuckles
7. a pickaxe
8. a parasol
9. moring rope
10.an anchor
11. a whip
12. a mallet & ball
13. a guitar
14. a baton
15. a mechanical arm
16. a giant wrench
17. Tri Nunchuks

as well as several different classes of swords, spears and projectile weapons.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guitar is made of win.
Oisin

Fianna

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like that you went from "recruiting" to "befriending"- whether or not the character actually liked you or not (ie Nakula). It's cute.

I also like that they used music from the early games- it added a touch of familiar. I miss the original composing team.
Champo Inactive

Nay-Kobold Merchants

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roc wrote:
Quote:

What about Suikoden 2? Karen used her nails!

All hail the Blacksmith who can sharpen someone's HANDS!

First off, Peggi, S3's blacksmith, sharpend A DOLL!!!

Secondly, i find the variety of weapon types in the game to be quite refreshig.

Among them, aside from the standard swords, axes, bows, ect, we have:

1. a book
2. a shovel
3. a gun
4. a conducter's wand
5. a huge boomerang
6. Giant Knuckles
7. a pickaxe
8. a parasol
9. moring rope
10.an anchor
11. a whip
12. a mallet & ball
13. a guitar
14. a baton
15. a mechanical arm
16. a giant wrench
17. Tri Nunchuks

as well as several different classes of swords, spears and projectile weapons.

Give Adrian some credit, too. After all, she reforged CHEESE. (at least Chiepoo's weapon was named after cheese)
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didnt see him during the cutscene but when was Millich Oppenheimer mentioned of attending the coronation? References like Shoons friendship with Morgan, Howling Voice Guild being sublimely refered to, Grasslands being mentioned, Island Nations Federation traditions like the En Kuldes Flagship and the Play about Brandeau and Flare, seeing Shun Min, Lorelai and Killey rivalry, the elves and dwares feud in the north, Georg Prime in the spring of his lifetime and many other references are very nice details which made the game more pleasant.

BTW: What makes some people think Lucretia is a lesbian. Are there any clues about it?
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's suggested that Lelei and Lucretia have a lesbian relationship. Their dialogue occasionally suggests it, and after the game, the two of them disappear together, leaving Cius behind. Although I think it's been stated by the localization team that Lucretia wasn't written as a lesbian, there certainly are inferences throughout the game. And personally, I kind of hope she is, since that would be a neat little personal detail about her.

And am I the only person to mention the bath scenes!? Come on, bringing Lu, Marina, and Jeane into the bath!? Or Viki, Lorelai, and Killey? That is comedy gold just waiting to be mined. I was really glad they were animated this time around, since in SIII it was boring not seeing anybody. SV was wonderful for the baths though. Some characters even took off their hats and stuff. It was fun :P

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

- The fact that you can sharpen a book. A BOOK. How do you even do that? Encase it with steel?

- Those little references. I liked how you got to learn more about people like Milich, Morgan, etc. Loved them.

- Georg's past before Falena. And how you recruit him.

- That scene with Viki at Ceras was awesome. Cool how they gave Viki her little special music after four titles with her.

- Shigure's resemblance to Yam Koo! First time I saw him I was like, "OMG IS THAT YAM KOO???", then I learned he wasn't. Pretty cool though.

- Retso appearing. I never new he was good like that, from the cook-offs I though he was a jerk.

- The perennial Red-and-blue Knights. Cooler this time that they ride Dragon Horses though.

- Karayans getting another good rep in Lucretia. S2 had Lucia, S3 had a bunch of 'em, cooler with Lucretia overall.

- The fact that the game is SILVERBERG-LESS. Rejoice, my friends! No pansy name called Silverberg as your strategist! Woo-hoo!

- The return of the Maximillian Knights. Fighting ones. Screw Gary and Ema if they ever are one.

- The number 6! You had the 6 Great Generals, Six Mighty Knights of Zexen, and now you have the Six Awesome Queen's Knights! Alenia and Zahak excluded, of course.

- Brief references to the Night Rune. Reminds me of the Big Bear aka Viktor.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyway, with regards to the puppet show depicting Flare instead of Lazlo, that's because officially in island nations history, Lazlo was never recorded in. Credit was mainly given to the En Kuldes family and Scholteheim Reinbach 3(Thanks to Mickey's novel for that)

Lazlo didn't exist in the recorded history...

And yeah... Suikoden 5 did posses plenty of nerfs and tid bits that made it wonderful. These small but significant stuff to us Suikoden fans were exactly what have been missing and what many has been craving for. I believe most of them has already been mentioned... All the references to previous games were just a great source of that warm fuzzy feeling in your heart...
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krawnik wrote:
It's suggested that Lelei and Lucretia have a lesbian relationship. Their dialogue occasionally suggests it, and after the game, the two of them disappear together, leaving Cius behind. Although I think it's been stated by the localization team that Lucretia wasn't written as a lesbian, there certainly are inferences throughout the game. And personally, I kind of hope she is, since that would be a neat little personal detail about her.

And am I the only person to mention the bath scenes!? Come on, bringing Lu, Marina, and Jeane into the bath!? Or Viki, Lorelai, and Killey? That is comedy gold just waiting to be mined. I was really glad they were animated this time around, since in SIII it was boring not seeing anybody. SV was wonderful for the baths though. Some characters even took off their hats and stuff. It was fun :P

Thanks for the explanation. I never noticed it, but it does make some sense. (I wonder which one of this couple is the "man", my bet would be lucretia, hehehehe)
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forum Poster wrote:
One of the pots is a Karaya Urn.

What's weird about it is that you get it at Ceras Lake. In Falena. WTF?

The little easter egg items were pretty fun in Suikoden II (the 100 potch in Kyaro, Friendship and Kindness Runes, etc). I don't think there were much of those in this game, but I was shocked when I talked to the cat in the third floor terrace (near where Norden's standing), then I got a Medicine. Not really a super awesome godlike item, but I was mildly surprised.

The bath scenes were, indeed, pretty great. During the one with Yahr, Taylor, Georg and Richard, Georg made mention of his involvement in the Succession War of the Scarlet Moon Empire.

One of the golden bath scenes was the one with Nifsara and Linfa recruiting Norma to join SAPPHIRE. I won't spoil the goods. You have to watch it yourself. :P The one with Killey, Zegai and Gunde was reminiscent of Watari, Toppo and Jacques in Suikoden V, with all the "......"'s.

Retso/Shun Min was a huge surprise to me. *sigh* Shun Min was such a sweet girl. Why'd she have to end up that way? :(

The Morgan reference was also a good one.

I loved the alternate and/or extra scenes you get depending on who you have recruited. The details were really well thought-out, and that's something you have to give credit for.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viki, Lorelai, and Zweig, actually. Killey's in the silent-type one with either Gunde or Wabon and Zegai.

Unless Viki, Lorelai, and Killey have another one. (WHICH THEY SHOULD, but I kind of doubt they do.) 0.o

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most of my favorite easter eggs have already been described...

Spoilers, etc.

One that hasn't is that Belcoot can fight Childerich at the duel in Stormfist near the end of the game, instead of the Hero. I really got a kick out of letting Belcoot pwn Childerich in a fair fight.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: