Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

`It's the little things` - little gems in Suikoden V?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: `It's the little things` - little gems in Suikoden V? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Warning: may contain characters names you haven't met yet. If that's a spoiler to you... then avoid, like the plague!!

I've always found that the little things in a game are a decent indication of how much care was put into a game. Have you found some little things in Suikoden V that serves no tangible benefit aside from just being neat?

One is when you add people to your party. The little things they say. Sure all Suikoden's have that, but this one changes what they say depending on who's in the party.

Have you added Kyle to a party full of guys? How about adding Marina when Hazuki is there. Then add her with Belcoot already in your party. Add Mathias when Isabel isn't in your party.

The comment box is of course a prime example; poor Viki is getting picked on. But that's been there since Suikoden 2, so it doesn't really count. I wouldn't go so far as to call them easter eggs as you don't really find them... but who knows, maybe they are?

Have you found other little things in the game that while subtle do make you appreciate the game more?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Morgan reference. Nuff said.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ivanov reference, too. 0.o

The thing that really impressed me so far was finding out that there is a slightly different dialog scene than the usual one if Lorelai is with you when you bust Killey out of prison. Considering most people probably spirng him when they get Lady Mendes, I thought that was a rather thoughtful easter egg.

And I love how everyone's in and outs change depending on who is in your party. Who doesn't go awww when Lun asks you to take care of her mother or Logg is happy he's in the same party with Kisara because he'll be able to score some brownie points with her. :D (Yeah, I've been trying to build up the raftfleet family...)

People also seem to say different things at different points in the story, but I'm not quite sure how that triggers.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing Shun Min alive! I totally did not expect to see her and Retso in the game.

~Siefer
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

siefer wrote:
Seeing Shun Min alive! I totally did not expect to see her and Retso in the game.

~Siefer

holy!! i didnt even notice that...wow...

i agree, the in and out is very cool...i also like the fact that most NPC have more to say and it usually changes after events...

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing rune cannons again was pretty cool and a reference to Brandeau maybe.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
Seeing rune cannons again was pretty cool and a reference to Brandeau maybe.

haha yea that was very cool...i was hoping the puppet girl would do puppet shows at the HQ...but she doesnt...:(

23356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked that the flagship was called the 'Lino en Kuldes'.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The reference to the 1st Fire Bringer War (or whatever its supposed to be called).

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Alarice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The victory poses after each battle was a nice touch, especially when the camera does a close-up on the character who deals the killing blow and how they make some random comment (Or laugh/giggle).

I find it strange that Lorelai does not say a word though (At least in my game).
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I laughed when Shigure said "What a pain."

At the moment I'm using Yahr, but I think his end comments have been messed up since it sounds like...well...not him.

I wonder how many people Yahr's killed for making the obvious joke.
Yam Koo

Mighty Dragoons of Draconia

10296 Potch
1050 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

siefer wrote:

~Siefer

You were shocked. I almost crapped my pants when i started to talk to him. It was even worse when Shun Min came running out. That was a really unexpected twist. Really unexpected.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What the heck? Some person sent a letter to my comment box last night because they thought I was investigating them too much. That's just awesome.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

- Millich Oppenheimer reference (can anyone tell me if he was actually shown at the correnation?).

- Finding out one of the characters was related to Warlock.

- Having a character with a gun.

- The strategist being a lesbian.

There was another one but I can't remember it right now.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
What the heck? Some person sent a letter to my comment box last night because they thought I was investigating them too much. That's just awesome.

I remember something similar in Suikoden III, where a character complains in the comment box about a "boy checking on [her]."

Speaking of Suikoden III, Gordius--I guess Estella wasn't _completely_ lying after all.

One of the pots is a Karaya Urn.

One of Bernadette's comment-box entries briefly references the Nay-Kobolds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: