Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Strongest Characters Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The games built in I win buttons!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Yahr get's a head rune slot?

Yes he does, at lvl 55. Yahr is a great name for someone from the pirate ( i mean island ) nations, I can't ever see him or his name without putting on the thick pirate accent and sayin' Yarr matey!

Setup for killey? Well I rushed through the end but here's what I had:

Runes
H - empty doh!
R - Fury
L - Rage

Skills:
A Magic
A Treasure Hunt

I used Killey as my main mage as soon as I got him, even with just the setup there, he gets 1200 crits, 2300 double crits on anything, and if you encounter somehting that flies, watch out he does 1000+ without even a crit. Add to that fact that he dishes out with the Rage rune ( sorcery chain magic ftw ) and he's a monster. He does have low pdef like most mages though, so quickly get him 100+ kills and buy the Corruption Shell armor for an awesome 120 def and +50 mag.

Other powerhouses... I have to mention Mathias and Isabel, not only does their unite do awesome consistent damage, they both pack heavy armor and decent enough mdef. Add to that fact that most enemies cast fire spells and most decent heavy armors have Fire Def +1, and Isabel as my firefly tank took 0 damage from basically every spell. Add to that the fact they both have good accuracy and do massive crits, and mathias with mowdown tears through close quarter enemies.

A good strategy for these tank characters is having a Violence rune. Isabel especially using the firefly effect of the arrow formation deals some massive crits after taking next to no damage. The only problem I had with using her like this, is that she weapon guards and evades so much that the I can go round after round without her taking a shred of damage. Oh and with Eyeball rings working like drain runes she's near unstoppable.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used most of the characters suggested up there ,I used also shigure and sagiri with their case close combo and I equip shigure with sleep/ drain rune
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zegai is awesome. I gave him a Fury and Violence Rune, and he does around 2000+ normal attack (after getting hit 2 times) at around level 40+. He's also an awesome tank. :D

Last edited by Captain Hero on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Taleria wrote:
The one problem I have with Zerase is her embarassingly low PDF coupled with the fact that there is very little to no armor you can purchase for her. I know she's a L-range fighter, but I found all of this infuriating when I had to go against archers in Doraat. They always aimed for Zerase...

This is why you pair her with one of the tanks with a firefly rune. That allows her to stand in back and peg things when you don't want to use spells. I love Belcoot for this actually considering he is quite agile and prone to dodge and counter.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, the trick to clearing Doraat is to take a front-line fighter type with two rune slots, give em Firefly and Steel... Logg is a good example, then put Marina in support and YOU CANNOT DIE HERE. I too had issues with Zerase in my first playthrough there, because archers always seem to strike backrow characters.

As for someone good early, provided you excel at strategy battles, or are one who just cures all your units in the final moments (like me, love "recover"/"flowing"), you can nab Mueller way early, so you can get Richard way early... and the boy starts at level 44 or something! At a point where the party is all early 30-ish I believe, at the time you get HQ.

Speaking of hidden gems... Lun seemed to be an early competitor for Lyon provided you build her up, as her multi-attack is pretty good, sometimes she can do a "row" attack with Pierce... but since you can't remove that, maybe that's why nobody praises her.

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the most part, I do agree with that list though... those characters are clearly above the rest of em... but I will continue to use Mathias anyway (like I did with Kirke) because he will deposit my enemies bodies in a nearby swamp, after exacting swift and final retribution on them, that is. The Kirke similarity came from his "only knowing how to cut off heads", and sticking to that, asking you if you were really "sure" you wanted him... Kirke was awesome.

When I saw Nakula I thought he would be really awesome, but he isn't really...

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nakula was a let-down, I was expecting a Zegai-type of stats from him. :(

Richard with a Power Orb is absolutely pure ownage. :D

Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Slap a Magic Absorb Rune on Zerase, keep your people in Sorcery formation and put a tank like Galleon in front with the Wall / Firefly combo and you can Formation Skill through most boss battles. Granted, you can only use the FSkill once, but as long as you have decent gear on Zerase, she can take a hit, replenish her magic, and still keep firing off Star Rune attacks.

I also agree with someone above that mentioned Zegai - I put the double attack / double damage rune on him and he was off the chain!

My final party ended up being: Hero, Lyon, Zegai, Lorelai [she was my backup healer], Levi and Zerase, with Miakis, Richard, and Belcoot in reserve. I'll have to give Cathari a try this go through.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Taleria wrote:
The one problem I have with Zerase is her embarassingly low PDF coupled with the fact that there is very little to no armor you can purchase for her. I know she's a L-range fighter, but I found all of this infuriating when I had to go against archers in Doraat. They always aimed for Zerase...

Zerase can be equiped to help against moderate damage. Get what you can. But if you use one of the heavy armor wearing bunch such as Galleon or Belcoot a firefly rune your only major concern with Zerase is multiattack physical damage.

Frankly considering her long range (a welcome trend for suikoden mages who for too long used short range staffs) insane magic stats and her at least decent damage, I argue she is the most overpowered character in this game. She and George were the built in I win buttons.
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eh I figured Cathari was powerful she had a gun after all. meanwhile I knew about Belcoot and Richard I just wanted a different party. I think they made all the SII characters pretty great Georg Prime is a powerhouse, Killey is an excellent attack mage who can have a Pale Gate Rune, Lorelai is actually pretty good all-around. Viki has chain magic and Jeane is much better this time around.

had no clue about Hazuki but I figured because she was similar to Belcoot I always prefer Miakis over Lyon, and Galleon is my favorite tank. and as for Zerase well its Zerase one of the most overpowered characters ever.

As a matter of fact the reason why this game is easy because of the overpowered characters(theyre ridiculously overpowered) but itz ok

SIII is the only suiko that gave me in trouble trying to fight Yuber, Luc, and Sarah all at once will alwayz and though I havent finished SV, SIII boss is the hardest so far.

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that I've gotten a chance to use most of those characters, I can clearly see why they're all listed as the most powerful in the game. I believe that Zerase and Richard are the most ridiculously powerful of the lot, Zerase in particular. As many others have said, the fact that she has such incredibly high magic paired with her actually pretty decent physical attack and L-range makes her a very dangerous opponent. She also has the Star Rune, which is quite powerful.

Richard is just as bad though...he's as strong as your Juan-types, but without a drawback such as permanent sleep, or even slow speed, as he's quite fast, with excellent technique. Equip Richard with a Killer Rune and see how much damage he outputs...it's insane.

The others are strong too, but I couldn't bear to just fill my party slots with all of the overpowered characters. Obviously I'm not counting the Tenkai or Lyon here, but I usually prefer to put characters which are aesthetically pleasing to me in my party instead of all of the stat-wise most powerful. My dislike for Killey, for example, stems from his ridiculous style of dress, and so no matter how powerful he can be, I'd just feel silly using him. On the other hand, I'll continue to use Sagiri until the end of Suikoden V, I suspect...I really like her.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Piercezoner

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THe ones that stand out for me are Kyle and Miakis for damage.

I crit 9984 dmg with kyle in one hit and double crit about 10678 with Miakis
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Piercezoner wrote:
THe ones that stand out for me are Kyle and Miakis for damage.

I crit 9984 dmg with kyle in one hit and double crit about 10678 with Miakis

Can you elaborate on how you did this? Which enemy you did it to would also be helpful, because that implies your Kyle can do about 5k dmg. base...which I can't even do with my strongest characters.

Personally speaking, I don't know why people are so gaga over Richard/Zerase/Georg, etc. Magic isn't too impressive in the game in the first place (and time consuming), Georg's MDF is terrible, and Richard (at least mine) can't even do half the dmg. of Cathari...

It's all about Team Blitzkrieg...

~Siefer
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to Sars there's a 9999 damage limit so I don't see how that's possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: