Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Oboro...(Possible spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrus

The Broken Circle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Oboro...(Possible spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read that him joining is random if you miss the detective events in rainwall, and that at a certin point in the game he leaves from raftfleet, is this true? If it is than stinking Oboro has thrown a wrench into my whole game.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's ok, he has thrown a wrench in mine as well. I have decided to skip recruiting optionals all together and to try again when I do a new game+.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I screwed up there as well, and was unable to recruit Him, Fuyou, Shigure, Sagiri, Nakura, and Raven because of him. Grr.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you have to play through the events in Rainwall to get him? I didn't know, and I missed it, and now he's always refusing me. ;_; (Well, I've only asked him twice, so no always, but - damn! I even loaded my party up with people with very high luck stats in hope it would help!)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to apparently ask him 5 times, and you only get to ask after you progress in the plot. He will leave parmanently after around when you liberate Doraat for the second time, or after the "Queen's Campaign."
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question. I thought it was impossible to miss Oboro's quest in Rainwall because when the whole Barow's thing happened, Norden came in with Oboro and this continued the story. How did you guys avoid doing the sidequest? Did you decide to go home and not do it with Sagiri and Shigure?

After the Barows thing, I went in and met Dolph. After that I went inside, asked for his help, and he joined.
Cyrus

The Broken Circle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mhm...the scene in rainwall where you hire him is not the only part of it. After you talk to him you are to go to the inn and talk to norden I think...then oboros minions join you for a bit. I am not exactly sure what you do cause' well...I missed the whole event lol.

Really it does not bother me all that much though...I see myself playing this game through many times.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't exactly remember how I missed the sidequest. In my second playthrough, the choices seemed pretty obvious that it was a recruiting event, so I have no idea how I could have missed that. Strange.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I just went straight back to the Barow's compound and took a rest. I had no idea we were supposed to participate.

5 times? Damn.

Edit: I did meet Dolph, though! But he wouldn't join me then.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
After the Barows thing, I went in and met Dolph. After that I went inside, asked for his help, and he joined.

This is really annoying me. I tagged along with Oboro and his gang during the events in Rainwall, and as far as plot goes, I currently just chose a name for my army. I proceeded to meet with Dolph in Oboro's boat, went back inside, and he refuses to join me. Why is it that he joins for some people and not for others?

Right now I have to go help Lordlake, will I be allowed 5 "plot points" to ask him to join before the Queen's campaign?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too missed the whole Norden investigation event because after meeting Oboro and asking him to investigate I asked Lyon what to do and she said to go back to the Barows mansion so I took her word for it and went straight back. ^^0

In my second playthrough I did the investigation event but he refused to join me the 1st time I asked. Cos I didn't have a save before the investigation event I could not redo it... so really infuriated I wasted an entire day starting again from the beginning to do that event again and finally I got him on the first try.

Oboro is really annoying in it seems up to now noone really knows the foolproof way to get him to join. My only advice is that during the investigation always choose the 'good' choices; those that sound like you believe his methods, are serious at investigating and are able to think a few steps ahead.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Riqa

Thunderbolts

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just completed Doraat and recruited Oboro, Fuyou and Shigure. I was then able to get Sagiri and Nakula right after. I never did the Rainwall investigation event, though I did meet up with Sagiri and Shigure once while they were spying on that drunk guy but never followed them/me around.
All I did was ask Oboro to join 5 times. (I could have asked the 5th time before Doraat but i accidently picked the wrong choice.) I did meet Dolph on Oboro's boat around my first or second attempt at asking Oboro I think.
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've found out the event in a dishonest way. That is through the walkthroughs. I can't believe it!!
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I missed the event as well, but I just recruited Oboro on my fifth try asking him to join. He had me worried for a bit!
Think I may have messed up pretty good on recruiting the Saigiri and the Armes guy though, phooie!

-My DeviantArt-
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I stumbled across Norden in the inn and just hung around and got him to join with no problem. So if you dont have Oboro in your group when you go to Doraat what happen when you have the fight to try and liberate does Oboro still help
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: