Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

One on One Battle System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah i see, i still love the fact that each duel is different in animation...

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

melange wrote:
I think the 'finishing move' for a duel is always the same no matter whether the last move you made was attack, defend or special. The 'finishing move' changes for each individual duel tho.. so the finishing move used against Shoon is different from the one used against Chuck etc...

Not for Lorelai. With Lorelai, I beat her by pretending I was going to hit her, and she fainted. The prince was like,"boo!", and didn't even touch her.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Not for Lorelai. With Lorelai, I beat her by pretending I was going to hit her, and she fainted. The prince was like,"boo!", and didn't even touch her.

It's still something different from the way the Prince ended all the other duels right? :mrgreen: That's all I meant by 'finishing move changes for each individual duel'.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
tomriddle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
melange wrote:
I think the 'finishing move' for a duel is always the same no matter whether the last move you made was attack, defend or special. The 'finishing move' changes for each individual duel tho.. so the finishing move used against Shoon is different from the one used against Chuck etc...

wtf? :( how'd you get that? my duel with lorelai ended up with my staff in front of her face while she was sitting down and she submitted to me :( she goes, "ohhh i can't believe i got beaten by a kid!"
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ISn't that one of the videos in gamespot i find that video intersting. I just wish that i got to see a gun or got to learn about the HVG cause i never got to see them since i came in at SIII I wonder what would the duel look like with a long range fighter like an archer.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i've seen some of the people use a move called super move, is there a way for us to use that in a one on one duel, if any one knows?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't use a super move, as far as I know. But then again, it's only triggered when they have little HPs left, and I've always finished my duels relatively unharmed. Maybe the Prince has a Super Move when he gets down on health.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe that's why i never got one just cause i never got the prince low enough in health.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's pretty good some duels are easy while some are tougher,some are blatantly ovious while others will have you scratching your head trying to figure out what they are going to do, Shoon was a pushover but the one with Roy was tough i had to reset after the first time he whoopped me good but i got him the second time,the Roy duel you are required to win that's why i had to reset after he beat me and start from my last save. There is no duel area in your castle unfortunately,i've already beaten the game.Becareful sometimes their dialog isn't easy to determine what they will do.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The duels seem to get harder the more New Game+ your in, the Prince got hit by a Special for half his life once.
Pyriel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaka_Koshi wrote:
Is the damage you do and take in duels still dependant on your own character stats?

I thought that was a pretty cool thing in all the Suikodens and i guess it would be in this one as well. Dam Suiko1 and...

Nah, neither character's stats are a factor in the battle from what I can see. Among other things, both combatants always start with 100 HP, and an attack always does roughly the same damage regardless of strength. The entire system seems to have been designed to make sure the outcome of all duels depends on your ability to read your opponent, rather than on how much stat-building you have done, or neglected to do with a particular character.

I found that the opponents outbursts were pretty predictable, if you listened to everything they said, and took it at face value. The only instances where it's tough to anticipate their attack are when you overthink what they have said, or when you try to use little tricks like using the first three words, or the first clause of their speech to make your decision. Some of the lines are very similar, only differing by a few words at the tail end. Konami used that trick often in later duels. Kind of a poor-man's, "difficulty setting".

I did enjoy it, but after you've done a duel a couple of times, the challenge is completely gone. (You can actually choose an action before the timer even starts. Maybe some people didn't know that.) But on the first couple of runs through the game, it's quite fun. The only person I know that absolutely loathes the new system is a guy who has poor hearing, and apparently a bit of a reading disorder. The new timer is a bit of a bear for him.

Spoiler: Listing of opponents' speeches from the duels.
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

****SPOILERS

[color=white]Childerich's duel with the prince at the stomrfist siege is just sooooooo hard i mean come on, "gaaaagg gaaaaahh, kill kill!!" and "gaaahhh gahhhhhhh ..gaaahhh" as hints on what he'd do next was hard. That was by far the only 1on1 duel that had me scratching my head.
[/color]
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

when he uses the exclamtion mark, you knew he was going to use a special or a super special. when he said like gagggh, some thing short like that then he would defend. it's good to listen to his voice as that will help you at.

Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Squirtle wrote:
You can't use a super move, as far as I know. But then again, it's only triggered when they have little HPs left, and I've always finished my duels relatively unharmed. Maybe the Prince has a Super Move when he gets down on health.

I'm not sure about this one. During the time I was dueling with Roy, I'm certain the Prince's hp was low. Yet no Super move. Although, maybe it's not as low as it should be to require it.

I love the duels in this game. They are a lot more interesting to watch then the previous games.

My favorite would have to be:

*spoilers*
Dolph against Lyon. I liked how Dolph would sneak behind Lyon, but Lyon knows he's behind her, and stabs him.

*end spoilers*

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i wonder if the prince can actual get a supermove. i've seen people who had i took at least half their hp away and there were able to do a super move. so i think the prince doesn't have one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: