Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

One on One Battle System
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: One on One Battle System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how many here liked how the one on one battle system is. i find it to be the best one out of the series. you have a time limit to what choice you want to make and when you both choose the attack mode you have to keep hiting the buttons so you win. plus the way the prince was hitting shoon in the first battle was just awesome, loved how his weapon did in the battle.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
JOWAH

Sierrachan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I LOVE IT. DEFINITELY.
Sorry for the caps but I'm so excited about the new 1:1 combat =D I hope that there will be a sort of arena in your castle that let you fight chars in this way '-'
Is there one ? XD

Jibrille 's Protector
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeanemon

23356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably not, but there should be. Every time there's an option line "We must fight!" I'm like 'Yes! Dueling! Glee!'
tomriddle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: One on One Battle System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
how many here liked how the one on one battle system is. i find it to be the best one out of the series. you have a time limit to what choice you want to make and when you both choose the attack mode you have to keep hiting the buttons so you win. plus the way the prince was hitting shoon in the first battle was just awesome, loved how his weapon did in the battle.

one of the reasons why this suikoden may perhaps be the best one of them all..

still gotta finish it but for now, Suiko1 still is king!

but yea, the duel system now rocks... i love the fight animations, very nice and really showcases the duelers' fighting styles and the overall technique specially when both combatants go special or guard ^^
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I LOVE it. I love the animation and I love that the fights change from character to character.

Oh man, (spoiler)Lorelai got beat to a pulp! :lol
Cyrus

The Broken Circle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the One-on-One battle system...It just seems to be the most well done of the whole series. Nice animations and the timer kinda give it a more urgent feel, Making it feel more like a fight than a game of rock, paper, scissors.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like how when you both choose "Special" a bar comes up for you to mash buttons. Really evens things out when you mess up.
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They made the "hints" a little easier, but when you add that to the also newly added 3-second-rule, they're the most challenging (and fun) yet.
HOTACTIONDAN

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i really love the new duel fights ive only done one now and loved it so much everytime anything happens im always hoping for one to start i love them im not very far in as you can tell but ill get there in time :mrgreen:
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The duels in Suikoden V are great, i got so excited everytime i knew i was about to get into one.

I'm just waiting patiently for the moment they decide to put the duels and wars in as a mini-game or something.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it took getting used to,Shoon almost whiped the floor with my butt .But Ive seen worse (darkcloud) and some other rpg who's one on ones were more like a fighting game, I cannot recall which one it was, or if my memory is fuzzy.

also the game I'm thiking of, or another had an energy bar, it would go back and foruth and make sounds, when it goes farther to the right it would make a sirin sound and your attack would be stronger and you sould hit the button then for a stronger attack. which was that game?

Last edited by kuwaizair on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kaka_Koshi

Pheonix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is the damage you do and take in duels still dependant on your own character stats?

I thought that was a pretty cool thing in all the Suikodens and i guess it would be in this one as well. Dam Suiko1 and...

*Spoiler?*

the Pahn duel, that just caught me by surprise and I got my ass kicked, and then I later found out that he dies if you lose so like i leveled Pohl like crazy and gave him the best armor... and dam it was still mad hard. lol

*Enddd*
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
it took getting used to,Shoon almost whiped the floor with my butt .But Ive seen worse (darkcloud) and some other rpg who's one on ones were more like a fighting game, I cannot recall which one it was, or if my memory is fuzzy.

that would of happened to me since i thought it was going to be like the others, and then i saw there was square button to attack, x to defend and circle to use a special and you have to pick in 3 seconds. i was reading them and almost never got my first attack off, and then with the mash bar, i had no idea on that and lost to him on that once, after the couple of turns i got it down and kicked his @ss.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i also love the end of a fight...i usualy do a special as a finisher but the prince doesnt finish them...he usually does a move to remove thier weapon or quickly does a "checkmate" (as i like to call it) move...very awesome!

(i dunno if he does it if u dont use a special)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the 'finishing move' for a duel is always the same no matter whether the last move you made was attack, defend or special. The 'finishing move' changes for each individual duel tho.. so the finishing move used against Shoon is different from the one used against Chuck etc...

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: