Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are your favorite ranks?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: What are your favorite ranks? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here in SuikoX we see lots of ranks, set by nation leaders and earned through post count by the members of their respective nation. Now they're not uncommon in forums but I find that there exist many ranks that are really cool. I have my favorites and I'm sure some of you do so let's share. What are your favorite ranks? What nation do you think comes up with the most unique, creative and all around best ranks?

I really like the variaty that Tinto has in ranks. You get to start small than end up becoming a Soldier, than a Knight. My favorite rank was probably Obsidian Spade. It was pretty creative and sounded official and fancy.

Honorable mention goes to Kooluk. At first there was little variaty but now they have the breeder theme going and I like that. Giant Owl Breeder just seems like a cool rank to get.

Other nations with good ranks are Grassland and Harmonia. Thunder Gatherer and Knight Class Gunner were my favorites from those two. So, you guys and gals?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think our new lower level ranks are fantastic, pit worker through miner of sun and steel. A personal favourite was Knight of the Republic and also the Diamond-Eyed Eagle rank. I like my current one too to be honest - we have a great variety and imaginitive titles, I should shut up about us now though.

Giant Owl Breeder is pretty cool, the higher Grassland ones are very good too, I think Bliss of Bluewater is a pretty nice one along with Thunder Gatherer like you said, I don't tend to remember all that many of them in total though.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somebody mentioned about Knight Class Gunner here? Yeah, thought so, our intelligence works well it seems...as always ;)

So about ranks: I'm not very familiar with other than my nation's but let's see....

In Holy Kingdom of Harmonia:
Wielder of the Storm, The Cool Hand of God, Death Dealer.
I also like the thing that here in Harmonia ranks make road: "from zero to hero". You know you are starting as slave, then soldier and so on and you end as Elite Pegasus Knight or Harmonian Templar.

Queendom of Falena:
I like this combination: there is Queen of Falena, Queen's Shield and Sovereign's Sword.
Besides normal ranks have some similarity with Harmonia f.e. you start as Gladiator Slave and later you can be Queen's Knights Captain or Queen's Knight.(from zero to hero)

Nameless Lands:
I like the idea of Mirado Black Warrior ( written in black - I have found two of them)

Scarlet Moon Empire:
Well, I'm little twisted and like things that have "imperial" in their name so here is a lot of Imperial Army Soldiers, Decurions, Centurions and so on.

Kooluk Empire:
I like the idea little diffirent than in some other nations: here you aren't in army at first - you start as Kooluk citizen and then you are a breeder, trainer and so on and only after some time you become imperial soldier. Cool.

That would be it, I believe. Sorry if I had made any mistakes in names or order of ranks.
All nations are cool in some way. :mrgreen:

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i really like how our kooluk titles just changed. you start from a citizen then you jump to a soldier at first, but now you start as a citizen, then a kangacorn trainer, then a kangacorn breeder, then a giant owl breeder, then you finally get to be a imperial soldier. elc said we have more ranks but since we need a high post count to get them he won't tell us what they are since it hasn't been unvield yet.

i also like the queendom of falena's ranks.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the mystery. I was going to get a custom title but now I want to know what title is the highest in Kooluk.

I like the Jowston ones, City-State Captain and the Commaner-in-Chief are my favorites.

And I have a question, why there is a Elite Pegasus Knight rank? I never heard about pegaus in Suikoden.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can safely say every nation follows a "Zero to Hero" path, going from trainee, slave, worker, citizen or whatever onto the higher ranks and becoming knights or guards or elites in some way - it's sort of the point of the rank system to give a sense of improvement as people post more and are here longer.

Elite Pegasus Knight? Sounds catchy I guess.

Last edited by Exile on Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm assuming that you meant "Zero to Hero." That's just me though. :P
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep I did, duh. Cheers I fixed it.

AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whay about me! Look White Wolf Commander, you can't buy geatness like that.

Highand is darn cool. so cool that you were all too scared to mention it, yeah thats why.

Thought the Tinto ones are verily nice i must say.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm cheating a bit because I don't think anyone's gotten it yet, but I must say that Kooluk's top rank is my personal favorite non-Falenan one. :D

And the Falenan ones are my favorites, but I'm biased that way. Though I'll have to revise them once I get through Suikoden V.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well being part of the Island Nations I have to say I like the Island Nation ranks best.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
I'm cheating a bit because I don't think anyone's gotten it yet, but I must say that Kooluk's top rank is my personal favorite non-Falenan one. :D

There you go, Sophita, now you're going to have all of my members wondering what the rank is. None of them are anywhere close to having enough posts to gain the title, so the anticipation is going to kill them...

Hold on a second!

Excellent, Sophita! This is bound to generate activity within Kooluk, though not of the spam kind, otherwise they'll get one of the other titles which no member wants to get.

I'm a little biased myself in the ranks, since I've always liked most of the Falenan ranks and it doesn't hurt that I helped with some of them. I mean, who wouldn't want to be an "Advisor to the Queen" or a "Queen's Champion"?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In addition to Mirado Black Warrior, my two favorite Nameless ranks are Knight of the Quest and Knight of the Saga.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowston Stealth Unit Commander. It's got "stealth" in it. That's so cool... 8-)

Being a Commander in Chief has a nice, authoritative sound. But i'm no more. I'm a House of Wisemail Bodyguard. Yay!

But i also agree that "Thunder Gatherer", "Knight Class Gunner", "The Queen's Knight" and such are pretty cool.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:

otherwise they'll get one of the other titles which no member wants to get.

i want that rank :mrgreen:

j/k

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: