Suikoden United and Infamous Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Recruiting in Agate prison (spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Recruiting in Agate prison (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, so, I'm in Agate prison. I had a certain prisoner with good taste in hats run out the door, so there's just one person left in the jail cells. I can see him.

But I can't talk to him. Running around him, clicking x - nothing comes up. Flipping through the guidebook, I discover this guy is (highlight for slight spoiler) Takamu, the mapmaker. And it says all I have to do is talk to him, help him find his equipment, and leave.

BUT I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO TALK TO HIM. I have both the jailers (Cius and Lelei) in my party; is that a problem? Or do I need someone else...? I'm past where the book says I need to be; my group just found the headquarters.

Could someone please help a girl out? ^^;

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try checking the message box outside your room for Lelei's message about other prisoners at Agate. Once I read that I went to the prison - went back to HQ and put Cius and Lelei in my team, went back and recruited the guy.

I don't know if this helps but that's how it went for me.

EDIT: Sorry it's from Lelei.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Wouldn't you know it, I gave up nd went back to headquarters and that letter was there?

Well, time to head back...again. ;_;

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea that guy is the mapmaker. After you get him out of his cell you go downstairs to the room with the save sphere and trail to dwarf village. Then you take his luggage in the right corner of that room and you're done recruiting that guy.
hoonn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you the middle of the main story event? If so, you have to wait until you're done with that event to start recruiting. This isn't true for every SoD but there are some whom you wont be allowed to recruit until you're done with the event.

Oh and you don't have to read the letter to recruit him, btw. I recruited him fine without it.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's where I'm at: (spoilers) I just got back from the rejuvenated LordLake. Is there an active story going on right now? The beaver kid left and told me to visit sometime, but it didn't sound like a big part of the storyline that I need to do right this second.

John Layfield wrote:
hoonn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try talking to Lyon and see what she says.

Also, you shouldn't have to "talk" to Takamu from what I remember. When you enter the prison, a scene should trigger with Cius and that should automatically free him.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got him.

I think I figured out the problem: I had a full party, and Takamu insists on joining you in a support slot. He couldn't join, so the event wouldn't trigger.

John Layfield wrote:
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And did you get the prosperity armband after you recruited him? Its quite nice, 10% more potch gained per battle. In the place right before the dwarf village, take the map guy and his escape route ability, leave the village, go to the left and follow the train tracks till you get it.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooh nice! I've missed that...that just leaves the prosperity head piece. :D
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I love that prosperity armband's path - that way is pretty much a direct line to the dwarf camp; very nice. :D

Of course, it was more useful when I just had to go by boat... :*laugh*:

John Layfield wrote:
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've also found out if you're traveling by boat on the overworld map hitting triangle will take you directly to where you are going.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Locke, I think you just made a discovery on the level of pressing R2 to go faster in Suikoden IV!

...<3 Locke is my new hero.

John Layfield wrote:
tenton

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
I've also found out if you're traveling by boat on the overworld map hitting triangle will take you directly to where you are going.

You are my new favorite person.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harumph! I knew about the triangle button! Really, I just sat there and pressed every button until it worked.

I've also had trouble getting this guy. I've tried like 4 times. I'll give it another go...

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: