Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The reference that Shoon makes (SPOILERS!!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: The reference that Shoon makes (SPOILERS!!) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the conversation with Shoon at the Inn, he mentions " A gladiator younger then him, had his eyes put out, just for being too strong".. is he talking about Morgan? and Morgan is really young during this game?

If so, even children are forced to fight as slaves in Falena?
Judo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, he was prolly talking bout him, and here I thought we might see Morgan in this game, untill I read what he said...*sigh*

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah you and me both, I was even hoping he was a Star Of Destiny too.. oh well , atleast he was mention, though I didnt think he'd be so young!
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MAy i ask you tell me why he isn't a star of destiny is it something with him being sold to Harmonia or the ISland Nations.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved that little nod to Morgan. I eat stuff like that right up!

And as for why he isn't a Star of Destiny, if i remember correctly Shoon mentions that he was already blinded and sold off as a slave prior to the events of Suikoden V (unless i'm getting it all wrong, feel free to correct me).
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's probably already somewhere in the Toran Republic during this time. If I remember correctly what Shoon said, it went something like this. There was this strong gladiator, to strong actually. So they ripped his eyes out to make it more fair to his opponets. However, he kept on winning his matches easily so they put him on a boat with animals and sent him north, to I'm assuming somewhere in the Toran Republic.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You rise a most exellent point,Demon of Godsfall..

It was aroiund whenever Queen Arshtat and Ferid embolish the brutality of slaves, and according to the info on Suikosource.com, Morgan was to be sold to the Island Nations, but by mere chance and luck, he washed up on shore of the Scarlet Moon Empire ( now the Toran Republic) and lived in Qlon Temple ever since.

other thing that is known about him , is that he was a most strong swordsman, but I cant imagine him being so young and having his eyes put out, and he was younger then Shoon, Shoon is 14, so Morgan must have been 13 or 12, he couldnt be any younger and wacking off gladiators left and right.

I cant believe they would put him in a box like they did.
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Morgan is only 12-13 years old during the events of Suikoden V, that would mean that in the original Suikoden he'd only be 18-19 years old.

He appears to be a lot older, if you ask me.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's always hard to tell what age some were in suikoden 1 since the art work isn't that good since it was made back in 94/95.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
And as for why he isn't a Star of Destiny, if i remember correctly Shoon mentions that he was already blinded and sold off as a slave prior to the events of Suikoden V (unless i'm getting it all wrong, feel free to correct me).

He was sold to someone in the Island Nations, but his ship was shipwrecked, which resulted in his arrival in the Scarlet Moon Empire. I remember this little tidbit revealed to us recently.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you think the Shipwreck in Suikoden V is the one he was on?
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard from a poster awhile back, that he was 21 in the orignal Suikoden, but I thought you had to be atleast an adult to be a gladiator, I cant believe they have children, having their lives bet in the arena, let alone having their eyes put out for being too strong, before Suikoden V comeout, I thought that the Queen had something to do with Morgan losing his eyes, but now I see, she has nothing to do with it, rather then it was the nobles, like Godwin who did it.. but by Arshtat being Queen, couldnt she just embolish slavery all together?

I mean, you would think so, right? by her being a Queen and all?
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
He was sold to someone in the Island Nations, but his ship was shipwrecked, which resulted in his arrival in the Scarlet Moon Empire. I remember this little tidbit revealed to us recently.

Thank you! I knew there was something else there i was forgetting.

Zahak wrote:
I heard from a poster awhile back, that he was 21 in the orignal Suikoden, but I thought you had to be atleast an adult to be a gladiator, I cant believe they have children, having their lives bet in the arena, let alone having their eyes put out for being too strong, before Suikoden V comeout, I thought that the Queen had something to do with Morgan losing his eyes, but now I see, she has nothing to do with it, rather then it was the nobles, like Godwin who did it.. but by Arshtat being Queen, couldnt she just embolish slavery all together?

I mean, you would think so, right? by her being a Queen and all?

Well, that's where the wonderful world of politics comes in.

Theoretically, she could've abolished the whole gladiatorial slavery thing. Of course, doing so would've raised the ire of every minor noble house sworn to the Godwin's (and possibly even Barows) which poses all sorts of problems for the Royal Family; if you remember, they all pretty much adored betting on and watching gladiator games in Stormfist. Can't very well be a Queen if all of your subjects rebel against you and cast you down from the throne, can you? Sometimes it's necessary to please even the most despicable of your vassals, even if it means allowing some sort of evil to go unpunished, such as the treatment and simply the existence of the gladiators, period. Unless a ruling body has the power to enact those laws itself and defend them with words and arms, it's pretty useless to try.

Given that, the Queen still showed remarkable goodwill by ensuring the treatment of gladiators improved immensely. As you probably noticed in game, the nobles weren't very happy about that. It was probably the furthest they could go without risking complete dissension.
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i completely forgot about morgan and didn't catch the reference in the least thank you all for making what seemed to be idle banter into something meaningful.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Nobles had too much power in Falena for the Queen to just strong arm them and abolish their favorite "hobby".
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: