Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Would it be better if the elves had a country??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
RedCydranth wrote:
We have yet to see in any suikoden, an instance where the elves initiated a hostile act towards humans.

The arrest and imprisonment of several citizens of the Scarlet Moon Empire based purely on their race during the Toran Liberation War, as well as the arrest and imprisonment of an elf due to his consorting with same citizens.

Don't forget, the luring of humans into a trap that resulted in giving another nation poison, and consequently initiated a massacre of people in a town.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:

uwangski wrote:
In a scientific study (the real world), it shows that mixing of races produces better results (I mean physically beautiful).

How can you form a scientific study based on an opinion? What one person finds beautiful another may find repulsive. If you had told us there was a study that showed interbred racial children were heathier and showed a higher immunity to certain diseases or something, you'd have some sort of point, but to say they yeilded prettier looking people is absurd. Thats purely an opinion.

Oops. Ok, not a study. It was done like this: People from let's say a hundred years ago, where interracial breeds are still few, are compared to people today. It was an opinion, yes, but a majority opinion that people today are more good-looking than the people a hundred years ago, just like the theory of evolution (though evolution was either for the better or for worse.)

Arcana wrote:
The question is not, "Will starting a nation of elves only stop racism?" but, "Is it better"?

How can having a nation of their own better if there will be racism? Is it better for them to have their own nation, while they are being hated outside their borders for leaving them alone?

Supposed a war breaks out, who's going to help those elves? The humans will probably conspire against them due to their "leave-us-alone" nature.

What they really need to do is try to live with humans. If they can't accept how the humans act, how can the humans accept them?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already wrote this on one of suikoden 6 thread about if the new tenkai is a non-human race.
I think its quite interesting to had a strong non-human faction for the story. I mean almost all non-human factions are weak, even if there's that strong, it still too weak to face any major human faction.
My idea for example.
About a strong faction of elves. Either its kingdom, druidhood, etc. Which had diplomatic problems with their human neighbours (no surprise). Suddenly one of the elves important person assassinated, which made the elves furios and start a war against the humans. The Elf gained upper hand at first, since they are "superior" race (they really are). But when human factions unite, the Elf start losing and losing terribly. Forcing them to agreed on a truce, and when peace nearly settled, something happened, which is a power hungry human faction plot, about a powerful (true) rune, which the elves protected, etc. Thus the story begin.
Anyway, this just my idea if the tenkai star is a non-human race, or there's major non-human faction. And I think there's many interesting story can be drawn about a conflict between major human and non-human faction.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hope there's a good ending to that.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
I just hope there's a good ending to that.

Which suikoden story that doesn't had good ending :wink:
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An Elf Nation that sounds like a good idea,by why stop there what about a nation for other non-human races as well.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, I like elves how they are. Hating humans, and having to put up with them as well. A nation full of one race sounds boring compared to the other games with usally a new race every game plus elves.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I speak for all cool people when I say:

Dwarf Nation. One completely underground below some other nation. Imagine... the enemy nation is not beside you. It's above/below you.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gah, it'd make mapping a pain.

I prefer the Suikoden I dwarves anyway. Besides, they'd make crap enemies. They're people, just short, stubby people.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... who said anything about enemies? I'm thinking like, four foot Tenkai.

With a beard.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assumed the idea of a enemy Dwarf Nation would be populated by... dwarves.

I want to see a 5'6" dwarf. He's a dwarf giant!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the enemy nation I was talking about would be those bloody surface dwelling... humans. Or elves. Or something. Still, my idea stands. Even if it's not a whole nation, it'd be neat to see a Suikoden war fought vertically.

And a giant dwarf would be hilarious.

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure if would be better or worse, but it is something I could see the Elves doing eventually given their well-established distain towards the other races.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Konami ever gives them one, it would be a discrimination towards dwarves, lizards, ducks and other non-human races, just like what the others said.

But then it would be a nice story for a Suikoden if a Suikoden game would be made for it. A war between elves and non-human races does sound nice. Also, it would give us the possibility of a non-human Tenkai. It would be a good basis for a Suikoden game if you ask me.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heck, RPGs are filled with discrimination, why not let the elves have their own nation. Heck, for all we know, the western continent could be ruled by elf overlords who enslave whatever humans dare set foot on it, hence why we don't know anything about it!

Really though, I don't see the elves having their own country, unless you're talking one very small country. As has been pointed out, elves simply aren't a very populous race, so really they could populate one, maybe two villages, but not the dozens you'd expect in an entire nation.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: