Suikoden United and Inspirational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Asking for Confirmation to Increase The Wrong Teleport Rate Trick

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Asking for Confirmation to Increase The Wrong Teleport Rate Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got this from here: http://www.hotgame-online.com/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10477

This guy said that he found a trick to increase the wrong teleport rate at Suikoden II. The trick is as follow:
- Load the save data from Suikoden I
- Finish the McDohl's Quest and recruit him
- Bring some Suikoden I characters at party (maybe 2-4)
- Ask Viki to teleport anywhere then you will be at the wrong place (happen after 3-4 teleport)
- Example for wrong teleport:
* South Window = Radat
* Kyaro Town = Cave of the Wind
* Forest Path = Radat Upper Floor
- The rate according to the person is about 55-65%

I highly doubt the trick because it's simply too easy. I mean there is already 8 years after Suikoden II and somebody must have found the trick before. Does somebody can confirm whether the trick is genuine or simply a hoax?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds like my standard party there. But my rates for misteleportation were never nearly that high. I might have been teleporting to the wrong places though.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've used Suikoden I characters quite often too (Lorelai and Clive are almost always in my party and Flik and Viktor flit their way in there quite often as well), but like Yvl, my rate for success was never that high.

If it were really that easy, I think that trick would be a lot better known. My money's on hoax.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
psylo

Bloody Mage

567 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it's just a hoax. I have load my Suikoden 1 data and finish Mc dohl quest. Like Yvl and Sophita, i often use character from Suikoden 1 too. But i never get misteleportation. Never. My friend said, 'teleport to Radat, you will end up in another place'. But no. Maybe it have something to do with Viki's stats?
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never get the Radat room until right before the end of the game. I think it's either totally random, or a plot trigger unlocks it.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think a plot trigger unlocks it. I've played and replayed Suikoden II many times, and I haven't even unlocked it. Not even once. I think it's just totally random.

As for the trick being mentioned in the first post, I don't think it's true. I am mostly using Suikoden I characters in my party, finished Tir's optional quest and recruited him, asked Viki to teleport me to all places many times in my playthroughs, and still I haven't had the misteleportation incident.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In all my playthroughs I've only got to the second floor of the item shop in Radat town once. Perhaps there is something that triggers it? Next time I play I'll play with a few more Suikoden I characters.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't even know about Suikoden I when I was able to trigger the trick. I really think that there's just a random chance of it happening, and the only thing I know for sure is that it can not be accessed during the times that Radat Town is being occupied by the Highland Army. The few times that I encountered this trick, it was during the time between recruiting Viki and going to the Toran Republic (which is a relatively short time).
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright this guy told me another requirement to have wrong teleport. I'll tried to translate all of it.

1. Hoi, Long Chan Chan, Georg, and Pesmerga joined at level 99 (anyone know how?)
2. Luck, Tech, and other Riou's stats are more than 150
3. He brought McDohl, Kasumi, Flik, Viktor, and Luc when he wanted to teleport. He said at the second playthorugh, he got wrong teleport after 7 times tried it.

Regarding with the number 1 point he said that he got the 99 lv with followed requirement:
1. After come home from Rockaxe, finished the Futch's quest before acquiring the Bright Shield and Black Sword runes.
2. Do not finisih the Clive's Quest at Lakewest
3. The game should be played at somehow a long time. He said thet he arrived at L'Renouille at 30.29.26
4. Before you fight Luca, you should have recruited Mondo, Sasuke, Vincent, etc.

Umm does anybody can give it a try?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
1. Hoi, Long Chan Chan, Georg, and Pesmerga joined at level 99 (anyone know how?)

I've heard that this event occurs when you play Suikoden II in iso format in an emulator. I've tried playing Suikoden II on the emulator, and I always get Hoi, L.C. Chan, Georg and Pesmerga at level 99. Always.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've gotten Georg at 99 too, and not with an emulator - but with a codebreaker. Georg will enter 10 levels above what you are, I believe, up to 99, so if Riou is 89-99, he'll enter at 99. And I'm pretty sure I've gotten Pesmerga and perhaps L.C. Chan in around those levels too (Riou had been 99 since ...Viktor's fort-ish? or so. Can you tell I was using cheats to get through it quick?) However, I think the Hoi is what reveals it as a hoax - from what I remember, and it's a bit shady, admittedly, but doesn't Hoi come in ten levels below Riou? I think I have a memory of getting him in the party and being like "huh".

Quote:
4. Before you fight Luca, you should have recruited Mondo, Sasuke, Vincent, etc.

...Is this even possible? I suppose you could get Mondo and Sasuke early if you take Kasumi, but Vincent? That's a castle level 4 recruit. And I'm not sure you could even get that that early - there's an awful lot of characters who are impossible to recruit prior to Luca's death - Killey, Max, Annalee, etc.

Also, a 1/7 chance doesn't sound so much like a bug as random chance, unless he can repeat it happening constantly.

Bottom line: I think it's a scam. And by "I think", I mean "I'm about 99% sure."

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's probably a hoax. I wouldn't call it a scam thought since the other person isn't really gonna lose anything. I think the wrong teleportation thing is just random. But i always noticed something when i play Viki. The higher her level, the less she makes a mistake (mostly in battle). I guess for one to get the most mistakes, you should keep her at initial values.

As for me, i never really got to the 2nd floor of Radat. I guess it was only once though. And the chances of wrong teleportation with me was VERY low. Maybe because I overleveled her... I guess I'll never really know. Though I am pretty sure, it's random. :)

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
As for me, i never really got to the 2nd floor of Radat. I guess it was only once though. And the chances of wrong teleportation with me was VERY low. Maybe because I overleveled her... I guess I'll never really know. Though I am pretty sure, it's random. :)

No I remember, I hardly ever used her and it was still quite sparse for me, her gameplay level doesn't affect it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: