Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I'm confused about the skills system...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: I'm confused about the skills system... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The menu is pretty confusing to me, as is the way you equip them. Sometimes characters randomly attack multiple times and I don't know what stat makes them do this for instance. Can someone please give a rundown on how this works?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The stat that affects multiple attacks is speed. The skill "Agility" increases your speed, and thus, increases the character's rateh of multi-attacks.

Also, be aware that some characters never multi-attack, such as Cathari and Georg.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
Also, be aware that some characters never multi-attack, such as Cathari and Georg.

Ugh, so Georg actually lives up to his nickname, huh? That's wack. I wanted to see all five of his strikes.

Before any one asks, Georg's nickname is "Georg For Whom the Second Stroke is Unneccesary". Oh yeah, DragonmasterX from Suikosource translated that from King's Blog, so thanks to him.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They called Geog: Georg `Deathblow` Prime I believe... I guess that's what it was translated to?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey I have a quick question. Im at around level 40 right now but can't raise my skill levels higher than C as they all grey out. I also have the basic combat books and elementary magic books which should allow me to raise them to B or A grades but I still can't. Something I must do?

Also a side question, I am in Sable and was wondering if there was a way to put more members into my party. I only have Prince, Lyon, Dinn and Auntie, and don't know where to go to place more members into the party. Im not even sure if I can put more people into the party, kind of frustrating as the area is hard with only 4 people.

Edit: Figured where to change characters, Luserina next to Viki. Gah im such a moron, I went several hours with the default people in my team.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The training centers in town only raise your skills up to C. A & B grade you have to do them through the special training skills certain characters (such as Georg) have (Skill menu, use) or through the characters running the training centers in your base after you recruit them.

For putting more people in your party, teleport back to base and use Luserina.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a question how do you get books do you get them from minigames or do you just go and buy them from item shops and such.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as I can tell, they are found in treasure chests. They count as "important items", and you never buy items in that category.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's what I've got so far:

Basic Magic - Ceras Lake Ruins
Basic Combat - East Lelcar Inn
Elementary Magic - Sable

That means magic skills can be upgraded to A and combat skills to B.
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy wrote:
They called Geog: Georg `Deathblow` Prime I believe... I guess that's what it was translated to?

Well, i know the call him Deathblow Georg in-game, but i've also seen that "Georg Prime Who Needs No Second Strike" thing around elsewhere.

Also, i feel like an idiot for saying it, but i finished the game without upgrading any skills past C and without equipping any of the Epic Skills. Is there an item that's necessary to allow access to higher training (i know i found something like that which allowed Zerase to train from C-to-A in Magic stuff, but no luck for Combat). Again, that might sound stupid, but i'm completely clueless.

Last edited by Aile on Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes there are special items for that, allowing you to train all the way up to rank SS. You must have missed them somewhere. Don't worry cos I did the same, missed all the training books except the magic C-to-A one on my first playthrough.

mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@.@ is there a way to get more then those few so you can get everyone's skill up to SS
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not everyone can use the Epic skills. In order to activate them, you have to have "A" rankings in the two skills for which the Epic applies. For instance, to activate the one that does both Stamina and Attack boosts, you need to first get "A"s in Stamina and Attack. (And you need to have the Important Item that allows your Combat Trainer to level your skills to A, which I have yet to get.) And as melange said, the only people who can raise your skills past "C" are your own recruits.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay does that mean that once you find the book then you can't lose it.

And can everyone get the basic skills such as agility and power,etc up to SS or SSS what ever is the highest cause treasure hunting is gonna be useful for me and such but if i can't get them high because i everyone has a different way to get to SS if they can but anyway.

Do books disappear once you use them or is it just temporary and you gotta go fight treasure bosses?

and let me rephrase my other question when you go to train people can you get all the characters regular skills up to SS and what ever other skills they got and or are all the skills based on the type of character
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Epic skill books are 'important items' like the Blinking Mirror and the Formation Books, so you can't lose them. They even carryover in a new game+.

Characters have different appitudes for different skills. For example Jeane's magic skills will go high A's S's or SS's but her physical skills will be C's, D's etc... Georg's physical skills can go high but his magic skills suck (yes its not worth it trying to give him a magic defense skill... its a C if I remember correctly).

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: