Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rune Affinities list

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tetsuwan Zero

6000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Rune Affinities list Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What are all the runes on the list of rune affinities? I can only figure out the first 6 and then Shield.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here you go. This is from DawnRune at Suikosource and has been edit by me.

Su - Sun
Fi - Fire
Li - Lightning
Wi - Wind
Wa - Water
Ea - Earth
St - Star
So - Sound
Ho - Holy (Resurrection Rune is listed as Holy Elemental)
Da - Darkness
Sl - Slice
Th - Thrust
Pu - Punching
Sh - Shooting

Last edited by Holy Paladin on Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you absolutely sure about those? Cos the last two Pu - Punishment and Sh - Shield do not match with the kanji of the last two rune categories in the Japanese version. Based on the Japanese version, Ph (the kanji is literally 'punch') would be Punching and Sh (the kanji is literally 'fly') would be Shooting.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

melange wrote:
Are you absolutely sure about those? Cos the last two Pu - Punishment and Sh - Shield do not match with the kanji of the last two rune categories in the Japanese version. Based on the Japanese version, Ph (the kanji is literally 'punch') would be Punching and Sh (the kanji is literally 'fly') would be Shooting.

Nope, not completely sure. I thought something was fishy when the guide listed the Condemnation Rune as being Dark Elemental instead of Punishment Elemental, so I guess I change that. Thanks.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to the official guide, it is indeed Pu = Punch and Sh = Shoot. However, I don't really get what those mean. Is "Punch" things like the Boar Rune (or whatever similar runes are in this game), and "Shoot" things like the Kite Rune?
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always assumed they meant how well you defend against certain attack types, because some armors have a "-1 to thrusting defense" status detriment.

poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if those are correct, then where would runes such as Pale Gate or Shield fall in?

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shield and Pale Gate may be put in the Holy or more likely the Star affinity. If that is so, maybe the Blinking rune is a Star affinity. I'm not even sure where, but i think those are the most likely suspects.

melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Star is definitely for Zerase's Star rune, just as Sun is for the Dawn, Dusk runes. Whether the other runes use these affinities or not I have no idea. My guess is Shield is Holy and Pale Gate is Darkness. And about the Blinking rune I recall Christian Soldier in Suikosource forums saying it was listed as "none" in the strategy guide.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: