Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Too little place to go in Island nation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CZF123

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Too little place to go in Island nation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think too little places and cities are in the island nations.....and well...the travveling time is kinda long.....luckily we got viki.....if not the journey to 1 plce is very long...
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it's kind of a shame that the Island Nations turned out to be a and full of little cities, at least give us other places to explore on the island, like i dont know, a second city on Obel? Or maybe a few more nations to break up the monotany of the sea travel.

Even puttong a hut with Taki in on the Limeshelf would of been nice.

*note to the continuity police*

Yes i do know Taki wasn't born then and such could not of participated in the island nations war against Kooluk.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In addition to that, the story was so short.

Although Taki wasnt born then, maybe you should wish Taki's ancestor to be there. Amada was also from Island Nations, isnt he? Maybe it will be good to see his ancestors there.

I was even surprised to see the Maximillian couple, where I thought Fred and Max where from Scarlet Moon.

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree with the others. I think we do need more locations. It would be much better.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Isnland nations are too small indeed and on top of that we didn't get to see a thing of the Gaien Dukedom. An entire continent and nation that played a somewhat important role in the game and we don't see a single thing of it. You couldn't even see a landmass in the world map screen.

Which makes me a little sad.
CZF123

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And well as you guys know...some places is very near to each other but some well....it'z about 10 miles away.....and the distance between the Obel Kingdom and the Nay islands was wow....bout 5 minutes in real life....and there is not a single place to stop by.....only the ship is with you....
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were too little islands, alright.

It's odd that there's such a large space in the middle of the map too. There was the Deserted Island all alone. You'd think there would be another island in that space.

It's odd seeing nothing of Gaien. Such a large superpower does nothing in such a war, that is just off their coast at one point.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Island Nations world Map in Suikoden 4 turned out to be really small in land area and huge in sea. I have found it to be a really big disappointment in Suikoden 4. What i would have liked to happen is to have more involvement in the Kolook region instead of just accessing Fort El Eal. At least we were able to do that in Suikoden Tactics.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They did seem to slack with it, Obel, supposedly the greatest city in the Island Nations was about 7 houses on an island. It also took a long time to get from one city to another, especially with the annoyance of random encounters making it seem like an eternity, I was not as happy as I should be in a Suikoden playthrough.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, The Island Nation has very few cities/towns to go to. Each town is relatively small, too. If it wasn't for the confounded ocean, which takes you an eternity to get to one island from the other, the game would have been a lot shorter than it already is.

It's also odd that towns have random monsters spawning all over them. I mean, isn't it strange that people live with these monsters, but they don't give a damn about them?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The representation of the Island Nations in Suikoden V is quite impressive however. Seems like an entirely different place that we saw first hand in Suikoden IV.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it is also 100+ years after the events we saw in Suikoden IV, it shouldn't be asking too much to assume that they've built the place up a bit. Also taking into account that they had sole possession of the apparently powerful rune cannons, so they shouldn't have had to worry about too much outside interference. They should have been able to grow quite nicely in a relatively isolated environment.

~Uguu!~
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
Well, it is also 100+ years after the events we saw in Suikoden IV, it shouldn't be asking too much to assume that they've built the place up a bit. Also taking into account that they had sole possession of the apparently powerful rune cannons, so they shouldn't have had to worry about too much outside interference. They should have been able to grow quite nicely in a relatively isolated environment.
The rune cannons went extinct pretty quickly, but as explained in Suikoden V, bluffing works too. What really bothered me that it seemed like nobody read Andarc's book (thanks to the Rose Swordsman?) since the Obel soldiers were actually looking for rune cannon shells and rune cannons to use as weapons yet again. And when did pirate talk become all the rage there?

Back to the topic: I definetly think that Gaien should've been accessible so you could've stretch your legs a bit more. I would've been easy to just make Gaien actually care about Razril or for them to try and take an advantage of the fight between the Island Nations and Kooluk, but no.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
. What really bothered me that it seemed like nobody read Andarc's book (thanks to the Rose Swordsman?)

Nobody read it because Andarc didn't want anyone to read it. And as far as I know, his journal wasn't finished yet when the war between Kooluk and the Island Nations Federation in Suikoden IV broke out.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too few, too few. Not too little.

I wish there were more places to go, but I really like the Island Nations as they are.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: