Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

best attackers *possible spoilers*

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: best attackers *possible spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just wondering who are the best attackers in this game and any setup recommendations?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best attackers are Geog, Richard, and Hazuki. Personally speaking.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its rather funny to put a Firefly rune on Georg and watch every physical attacking enemy get parried/countered to death. Note: Never do this against enemies who cast magic. Georg will die horribly.

For L range attackers it has to be Cathari and Killey. Their critical hit rate is amazingly high, add a Boost rune or other attack increasing runes and damage dealt easily goes into the 1000s.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey's long range in this game? That's odd; didn't he wield a sword in Suikoden II? The only other Star of Destiny to change weapons from game to game was Lorelai, correct?
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Richard and Hazuki have to be the best. It's amazing how kind-looking Richard can be yet so deadly. It must be the weird anatomy he had. Other than that, Hazuki is amazing. But still both are comparable to the powers of Kyle and Georg. :mrgreen:

AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

killey...i cant wait to get him! i miss that guy! haha
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate it that they pulled a Nash on poor Killey. What is it with the Suikoden developers and giving returning characters a needle in place of their original weapon?

I like this Cathari. Sounds like she's going to be one of my favorite party members.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Chizen Star wrote:
I hate it that they pulled a Nash on poor Killey. What is it with the Suikoden developers and giving returning characters a needle in place of their original weapon?

I like this Cathari. Sounds like she's going to be one of my favorite party members.

They probably changed Killey's weapon so that his awesomeness wouldn't be hampered by Suikoden V's range system. If he had kept his "M" ranged dual rods, then he would suffer accuracy problems. "M" ranged weapons don't suffer accuracy problems if they are in the middle of the formation. That being said, I'd still prefer if the had let him keep his dual rods in Suikoden V; it would have like to see how he would have attacked with them.

Sidenote: Characters in Suikoden V who wield needle weapons tend to be powerhouses. Of course that would make sense in a series like Suikoden were a goofy-looking character like Hai Yo can be come one of the most powerful characters proving than in Suikoden, just because a character looks weak doesn't mean they can't sometimes out class a powerful looking warrior.
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

whats your recommended setup for georg, richard and hazuki? its too bad killey doesnt have his weapons for suiko2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: