Suikoden Unique and Infamous Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what about suikoden V enemy encounters' rate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: what about suikoden V enemy encounters' rate? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a quick question, but keep it spoiler free please. ^_^

I could play only ten hours of Suikoden IV so far, and I was terribly shocked to see the enemy rate has turned the game into a "Tales of Destiny" spin-off - just like that game, I got enemies roughly every three steps. I found this to be VERY annoying, and so I wanted to know is this has been adjusted/brought back to previous episodes.

thanks!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I generally find the encounter rates to be too low. However, some dungeons have a higher setting.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
I generally find the encounter rates to be too low. However, some dungeons have a higher setting.

Thanks - how would you compare it to IV? much lower or pretty mush similar?
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The encounter rates are much, much lower than in Suikoden IV. On the world map, I managed to get from Sol Falena to Lunas with only two encounters when I was playing earlier this afternoon. On average, in the dungeons themselves, the rate of encounter is higher than the world map, as Sars said, but still lower than that of Suikoden IV.

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It kinda reminds me of Suikoden II's rate.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Gino23

Longbow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats good to hear! I hated IV's encounter rate
Magus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Generally speaking, the encounter rates feels just right for an RPG. I'd say it's on par with Suikoden I, II, and III.

Win A Free Suikoden Game or Strategy Guide at Harmonia Online
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really all depends on where you are, in certain dungeons its a couple seconds then you have an encounter. But it gets really noticeable when you're looking for hidden treasures on a map.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HOLY CRAP ITS GREMIO!!!!! (Most Nameless and certain Koolukians will gasp at his re-immergence also)

Okay, that out of the way... I find the encounter rate actually too low. As Alkazar said a few posts ago, you can get from Sol-Falena to Lunas with 2 encounters. I equate that, in terms of Suikoden II like going from Two River to Forest Village (Where you get Ayda) in about 2 encounters, and thats way too low for my blood. They seem about the same distance from each other and yeat Suikoden V's rate of battle is far less. But it is much better in the dungeons. In the sewers of the city the place the gladiator guy takes you through and you meet the weirdo with googley eyes, I'm terrible with names, there's a much better rate of random encounters. So far I can not say I'm dissapointed in the encounter rate over all. It could be worse, and it could be better. I think the game wants you to progress story more than fight so that is why the main world's battle encounter rate is low, besides, since when has morld map enemies been a great place to level in a suikoden? Not many instances hit me right away.

At least we have a world map. Suikoden IV's water world map was so random ecounter ridden it almost ruined a decent game. Suikoden III didn't even have a traversible world map and the first two are priceless and pristinely perfect. I'm hoping, and from what i have seen so far, Suikoden V has made up for the world map errors of the prior two games. But I still loved III, no matter how unorthodox it was. :) I <3 Suikoden III

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
AstonishingPanorama

Diabolos Infernus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: So far.... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far, (about 2 hours into game) I'd have to say the brief time I actually spent in battles was pretty often, considering my time spent in game so far..

I'd say often, but not to the point where every 3 steps the screen shimmers...
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
HOLY CRAP ITS ******!!!!! (Most Nameless and certain Koolukians will gasp at his re-immergence also)

Okay, that out of the way... I find the encounter rate actually too low. As Alkazar said a few posts ago, you can get from Sol-Falena to Lunas with 2 encounters. I equate that, in terms of Suikoden II like going from Two River to Forest Village (Where you get Ayda) in about 2 encounters, and thats way too low for my blood. They seem about the same distance from each other and yeat Suikoden V's rate of battle is far less. But it is much better in the dungeons. In the sewers of the city the place the gladiator guy takes you through and you meet the weirdo with googley eyes, I'm terrible with names, there's a much better rate of random encounters. So far I can not say I'm dissapointed in the encounter rate over all. It could be worse, and it could be better. I think the game wants you to progress story more than fight so that is why the main world's battle encounter rate is low, besides, since when has morld map enemies been a great place to level in a suikoden? Not many instances hit me right away.

At least we have a world map. Suikoden IV's water world map was so random ecounter ridden it almost ruined a decent game. Suikoden III didn't even have a traversible world map and the first two are priceless and pristinely perfect. I'm hoping, and from what i have seen so far, Suikoden V has made up for the world map errors of the prior two games. But I still loved III, no matter how unorthodox it was. :) I <3 Suikoden III

... What? OMG YOU SPOILED *(&@!#( ArbhG. Ass.

The encounter rate gets very noticeable when you're going through a maze, ie: Sindar Ruins. But trust me, you won't want to be exploring any areas as the encounter rate is very high. Encounter Rate + Loading = bad.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mind the encounter rate. I've played through and delt with much worse.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To counteract low encounter rates on the world map, equip a Giant Firefly Rune. This increases enemy encounter rates at a pretty static pace; just make sure you bring Jeane along or level up near a town or it'll be hard to get anywhere.
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok who's th last boss .is it a true rune or what?????
i need to know
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: