Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

American version impressions thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOWAH

Sierrachan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Copies bought via internet shops have been shipped yesterday.
So it's a matter of hours for you american lucky ppl =p

Jibrille 's Protector
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I preordered mine, but haven't gotten the call to pick it up yet. (COME IN ALREADY.)

Unfortunately, though, I won't be able to get it before Thurs/Fri anyway, woe and alas. *whimpers*

Ah well, I'll just have to get EVEN FARTHER in the game than the rest of you over the weekend so I can keep up over the week. :p

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should be able to get mine today after 1:00 or so. So hopefully I will play it tonight. :)
xavion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: UPS guy showed up! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My copy of SV just arrived. I like the artwork on the game disc... dunno if it was the same for the Japanese version:

http://geocities.com/poczas/P3220039.JPG
STeeL

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went there this morning and it hadnt arrived yet. Im gunna go pick it up at 4, but then I cant play it cause my brother doesnt want to miss so I have to wait for him to get off work lol.
Alluminitti

124798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kira Yamato wrote:
Yeah that's the question that remains. Which game will be more popular? Only time will tell.

Who cares about popularity?
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should have it by 7-8ish tonight, looking forward to it.

~Siefer
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I have the game now and have been playing for almost 2 hours (just enough time to get through some intro and explore sol-falena)

I'll say the gripes about loading times....I can see WHY, but it doesn't bother me. Camera angles can be tricky every now and then, but its always in areas you don't really need to see anyway, or ones cleverly hiding paths to treasure (making it maybe more of a challenge instead of right out in the open).

Also graphics keep getting low marks, and yes they are simple in some places (inside some homes and all), but I like them...if you think back on early Suikodens it was much the same way, so this has a definate old-school feel. And since I love me a good 2-d rpg even today just as much as a gorgeous 3-d one, this is fine with me.

The translation seems top notch. Not knowing the orginal I can't say for sure, but the dialogue is great--the characters just come out so clear and even townspeople are worth talking to (the people in Sol-Falena are pretty damn funny!) And there's a LOt of them...not sure what people meant by "Large towns barely filled with people" And I'm very picky about voice acting, usually turning it off, but thus far i LOVE all the voices.

Maybe it's just me--but the main cast so far are excellent. My favs would have to me Sialeeds, Arshtat, and Miakis. The rest are great too...Lyon is a bit whiney sounding now and then, but still good voice acting.
Umn...oh and back to loading.

In and out of battles for me is pretty fast. Faster than a lot of other rpgs ive played. The longest loading times ive encountered have been in and out of some buildings...but its only certain ones while others have almost none. Also there is a short load between some cutscenes, but it does NOT interrupt the flow (like in IV) so I'm thrilled about that and could care less about a little loading.
Sometimes the game seems to run choppily, like others have mentioned, but again--not enough of a problem for it to really BE a problem for me.
I'm already hooked by the story, the characters (man that barrows boy is funny!) and now that I know for myself osme of the supposed flaws will not inhibit my playthrough, I am so excited to play the rest of this game!

Speaking of which, I've taken enough of a break (something it seems most people haven't even done yet today, judging by the quiet board :D ) So back to the game. Look forward to reading more impressions (whenever i take another break to eat or go to the bathroom...ya know, stuff that you HAVE to do. anything not necessary to life is being chucked out the window for the rest of the day...man i'm a nerd. And proud of it!)

*USE PARAGRAPHS-LARGE BLOCKS OF TEXT ARE ANNOYING AND HARD TO READ!!*
Wolf Parade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got my copy a few hours ago, I have played through most of the Lordlake bit and because I've watched the preview video's online sooo many times I feel like I've already played it before. Ha.

I am enjoying the game thus far, I actually like the look of the new menu system, and don't mind the camera in towns (I actually prefer to zoom it in, especially when indoors). Loading is frequent but it's short, and is really no bother.

One thing that has bothered me is that they pronounce Georg like "George", when I always read it as "gay-org"... Nitpicking I know, but worth mention.

Back with more impressions later!

Last edited by Wolf Parade on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Gay-org"? Uhh that just sounds weird o.O It's definately supposed to be the way they say it...but I can understand how hearing it different than you expected it to be can throw you off. In the days before voice acting i was often surprised to hear an official saying of a name of a character i'd been saying incorrectly for a long time. But yeah--it's definately "George".
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what people have said it seems im not going to be able to put the game down! Lucky i'm taking a week off work to play it then eh? ^^

So Georg is "George" - theoretically it should have been "gay-org" similar to Captain Georg Von Trap in the Sound of Music. Niggly thing and I don't think its worth getting cross about.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
So Georg is "George" - theoretically it should have been "gay-org" similar to Captain Georg Von Trap in the Sound of Music. Niggly thing and I don't think its worth getting cross about.

Well, just keeping in line with the less-than perfect Suikoden translations. George, ugh.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its spelled as Georg in-game, but its just pronounced as George--just to clear things up. Sounded like you thought they translated it wrong. Anyways, that doesn't bother me, as thats how I always pronounced it.

Anyways, I have the game as well, and I'm very impressed so far. There's great depth to this game that can be seen from the start. Just going around and talking to townspeople reveals extra things about the story. You might think, "well, why would this person do that?" But then you go talk to a couple of townspeople who explain things, and suddenly you understand. Maybe you don't agree with a character's reason, but you understand why they did what they did.

And I'm only two or so hours in! Just goes to show you the depth not only from a character standpoint, but from political and moral standpoints as well.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll live with it as a reflection of Fa-LEY-nan accent as long as it's spelt correctly. Is it pronounced correctly in the Japanese version anyway? Often these things lose their way because some shmuck decides that the western audience wouldn't 'get' gay-org.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, I always pronounced them "George" and Fa-LEY-nah... maybe it's a California thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: