Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What's the best way to travel?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's the best way to travel?
Aeroplane
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
Bus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Car
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Ship
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Train
37%
 37%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 37

Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Funnily enough, I have used all of these methods to travel before, but the lengths vary considerably, so I wouldn't consider the evaluation to be fair.

Aeroplane: My experiences with travelling by aeroplane have been limited to two trips, which was to China and to Australia (Okay, so there were a few more but I too young to remember it). Fortunately for me, I don't get airsick, so I found both trips to be quite pleasant. However, because I travelled in the economy class for both times, I found the seats restricting and it was hard to get around in the plane. The food was often bordering on inedible status as well. Perhaps the thing I hate most about airplane trips is the unfortunate times where we had to travel in the night, or get delayed because of weather and other problems.

Bus: I normally ride on a bus only for trips from college, but even then I can find problems. For one thing, a trip that should take only 10 minutes gets extended to 30 minutes and up because of all the random detours taken along the way. For another thing, the bus driver occasionally smokes, which he shouldn't do because it pollutes the air in the bus. Lastly, I do not appreciate the fact that the bus puts me down at a junction and I still need to walk 10 minutes to reach home!
Even so though, sometimes it's better to ride the bus than expect my mother to fetch me, and I like the seats.

Car: I would think that I like the car the most, but even then, it's not without a few disadvantages. Firstly, our car only fits in five people, so whenever we had an extra guest, it'd be a tight squeeze. Secondly, my brother likes to disturb my sister, which causes a lot of tussles in the car, and results in my father yelling at the both of them. Then thirdly, when it comes to long journeys, my legs get very stiff from pins and needles. However, using the car means that there's little hassle for preparation.

Ship: Only sat it once, but I liked it because there wasn't any problems during the journey and I didn't get seasick. Lots of room for roaming also meant that I didn't get bored during the trip.

Train: I've sat it a number of times and honestly, one of my only gripes is that it smells when it gets too crowded, like the time I went to Batu Caves this year to do my extra credit Religion project. If there were more trains, I'd expect that it would be my favorite way to travel.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Car, because that's where you can actually make noise when you're with friends. Other people wouldn't appreciate you making noise on the other modes of transportation, would they? :P

Kidding aside, I voted for car. Small cars are alright when I'm with a couple of friends, but believe me, I prefer vans. I like company, which is at least 6 other people so a van would be the best. Although we did once cramp 9 people (8 of us and a driver) into a BMW, which was so funny to see us get out of once arriving at the mall, last February I also cramped 7 people into our Mazda (5 friends, me and a driver) to celebrate a birthday. Needless to say, trips like those are uncomfortable so I've had alot of fun in cars wherein all of us can actually fit. That's how I like traveling, though - noisy and fun. :D

I'm not necessarily airsick nor seasick, but I don't like planes nor boats. Planes aren't really my style, seating for a long time really makes my ass hurt (and since I can't run around the plane, meh). The last boat trip didn't have a good view outside, it was just bad since the boat REALLY rocked side to side, which wasn't very fun. The train station in my area is surrounded by the squatters residing on the side of the tracks, which I wouldn't prefer seeing, sadly.

Buses would be my second option, though. Most preferably private buses, such as those used in school field trips since they're always fun. ;)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could (and can) reach most of the places I visited (and want to visit) only by aeroplane so I vote for it. Second option would be the car, I don't mind long trips with the car. I don't like trains, most of the trains here have delay and I hate to wait all the time. I have to use the train for my official trips and it never happened that the train was on time.

Bus wouldn't be an option for me and a ship only when I wanted to go to Scandinavia or UK and Ireland (ship = ferry).
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like trains.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm an Aeroplane person, so I picked the Airplane. I don't really like to waste time, and I love to travel to other countries.. so I'm always travelling.

It's probably also the most comfortable type of service that you can get where people will actually serve you.. that is, cruise ships and luxury trains aside. Those take too long though, so I'm just happy with an airplane.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I travelled by plane over a dozen times and enjoy it pretty much. Cars are cool and I travelled once per ship. Since it was quite a luxus liner it was fun. I don't like buses very much, but trains are loathsome. I just hate it. I am actually afraid of travelling by train. I could try to explain it, because I landed as a child almost under and not in the train, but I know that I didn't like them even before that incident. I travelled rather a lot by train, considering that I am afraid of doing it, but with a large group of friends it's easier for me and sometimes I just couldn't avoid it.

The Fool
Zabuza

Hidden Mist Demons

0 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that an airplane is the best way of travel.

One thing i dont like about airplane travel is that i think airplanes are the most dangerous way to travel because if one thing goes wong the plane can go right down.

So im so-so about airplane travel but i think its the best.
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the best way to travel is by train. cause if you look at it traveling by plans is messy cause there are so many flight delays and they lose you bagged and plush it cost more to travel by plane that it does train.

Plus when you travel by train you get to see a lot more of the country. you get to see land scape flying by you. you get to see many small town along the way and you can walk around.

One a plane you see nothing but blue sky and to some people that is fine some people Have meeting the need to be at and people they need to see that is fine too.

But what it comes down to is that if you want to see a lot of land then go by train if you want to see a lot of water go by boat if you want to see a lot of air go by plane.

God Save the queen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: