Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What's the best way to travel?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's the best way to travel?
Aeroplane
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
Bus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Car
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Ship
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Train
37%
 37%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 37

Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love trains. I've only ever been on them a few times, in Illinois. Either in city or across state, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I don't think the novelty of it will ever wear off, and the scenery is amazing. I'd go everywhere on a train if I could.

Planes are my second favorite way to travel. I've had my fair share of flying though it was all within the mainland states. I've never had a bad plane trip. Jetlag and obnoxious passengers have never bothered me. Other than the minor annoyance of ears popping, or the danger of waking up inside a cloud (I've blinded myself that way) all my plane trips have been pleasant. I think I'd like to take an overseas trip. The idea of being completely surrounded by water while being thousands of feet in the air thrills me.

Buses...they smell. And cars, they're slow. Besides, I don't like being cooped up with people for long periods of time. People+small spaces=frayed nerves.

I've never been on a passenger ship but I think it would rank up there with trains for me. It would be so cool to go on a cruise to Alaska. That would be swell. :D

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yam Koo

Mighty Dragoons of Draconia

10296 Potch
1050 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, in my state you can go anywhere by car. Therefore I voted for cars. Yea sure they may take longer, but if you think about it, if you have friends along it is fun. I mean all the road trips you could take. The only down fall for a car now is the Gas prices. they are getting way too high.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The bus sucks. I really don't like the bus. Unfortunately, it was the most economical way to travel for me from Waterloo to Ottawa. The bus ride took anywhere from 6 to 8 hours. It was really rotten.

One might tell me to go take the train instead, but the train left Waterloo only three times a day, all in the morning. It was also expensive -- maybe twice the cost of a return ticket.

There was a lot of talk about building a high-speed train in the Windsor-Montreal corridor in Canada, but I believe that the government backed out on funding that initiative a while back. They were supposed to post a few billion into it. It's a shame, because the train is pretty convenient, especially in a region with high population density like southern Ontario. There's very little latency (i.e. getting there an hour in advance) and the travel is reasonably fast. You'll notice that the high-speed trains exist only in regions where the population density is extremely high, such as in Japan and in Europe.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps someone needs to invent a train-plane...and call it...a "Sky Train!" and and bassically it'd just be this mondo flying connection of plans with lots of engines and wings!! And And bassically just making the whole flight experience alot bigger and comfortable for everyone. Ofcoarse if this thing falls...it falls hard @_@.

0 Potch
348 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my country it's so small, that we don't really need vehicles except for those who like to show off their cars or some lazy people with lots of money. Anyway I myself prefer walking as long as I can reach in an hour, I don't mind walking-its environmental friendly, and the cheapest method, healthy, and great exercise. My parents got cars, but if it's a longer distance I would take public transport, like buses and trains. I can't stand vehicles much, especially buses, because I'm always car-sick or bus-sick or train-sick or whatever you call it. I remember having to bring plastic bags along with me whenever I go on buses just in case I vommit, can you imagine how bad I felt then? Well, it's much better now that I'm a bit older, and I've got the sense to distract myself from being nauseous and that really helps.

I've flown around pretty much around Asia, and once or twice to the West, on planes, of course, and sometimes on cruise, which is real fun. Planes are boring for me, I have the tendency to walk around until the air stewards ask me to sit down. There's practically nothing much to do except watching movies, and the adults will choose older movies which I have totally no interest in. My brother would simply doze off, I've no idea how he could, I can never fall asleep on vehicles, no matter how tired I'm... I prefer cruise because we have more freedom there, and you can see the blue blue sea, or play somewhere on board. And we've got beds, though we don't sleep much.

My country there's a sky train for the airport, between terminals. But of course it's not as fancy as described, its just a small train that shuffles betwee terminals, no wings... If I ever see a 'sky train as described', I would immediately call it an UFO!

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer not to travel at all. For cars and busses, I get really sick. I need to take Gravol(if you don't know, it's a pill so I don't get carsick xD), for ships, I get seasick, and I'm deadly afraid of planes. >_>

So the only thing I would like to take is a train. I've never taken one, but I was close to one time. :mrgreen:

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for train. One of my favorite experiences was when my daughter was 3 months old, and we took a train from here [Tampa] to New Orleans, then on to Washington DC, and then all the way back. I loved the scenery and rolling through all the small towns and waving at the people in those small towns that waved at you as you passed by. That, and in the sleeper cars, I saw SpiderMan like 30 times, because they play the movies every so often on repeat. I've had bad turbulence experiences on planes, but for my best friend, I'm going to find myself flying to New York this summer. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

I also like pulling the roadie in a car. Just like the train, only it's usually with you and a group of friends. And there's no better feeling than piling out of a car once you reach your destination and just exhaling because you're finally there.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a huge fan of road trips(only if our destination is within the country, I don't think it's cheap to go on international road trips. lol), especially with my best pals. But I'll never go on a road trip unless there are women around. We're planning to go to the beach, and I rented a pretty well kept Ford E150 to serve as our transportation. It's already the summer time here in the Philippines, so the beach here is known to be the best place to party in. :P

Aside from cars, I personally enjoy flying (even though I used to get air sick when I was a child). I enjoy airplane food, and I can't seem to find the reason why and I'm pretty sure it's not the taste. And flying is a fast way of getting to the place you want, because there's no traffic. XD

When I'm in other countries, I take the train. Not only are those things convenient, but they're also very clean compared to the trains here. :)

Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey its great to travel by train. I am now doing tertiary education which requires travel by train from my place, and let me tell you that its great. You can see/meet a lot of interesting people, and look at the view outside the train. My only problem with trains is that you may have to wait a while on the platform for the next train to come if you have missed it. Luckily i have never missed a train before and i hope it is somthing that i never do.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Omerta

Fighting First

139174 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By plane is the best way to travel because you arrive at your destination much quicker than anyother means of travel.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Generally I would pick Airplanes, because that is most economical for trips where you're going long distance, but staying in that one place for most of the trip, which is what most of my vacations have been-- until now. With my recent gift of a month long trip to Europe, I've realized train is really the best way to go. With it being much, much cheaper than flying to different locations throughout the continent, and also much less constrained, it really works best for an unplanned cheap expedition. Also you get to see a lot of the beautiful countryside that you just wouldn't be able to see in planes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite way to travel is by train or metro and they are basically they same thing. One of the main reasons I love traveling by train or metro is that I dont have to worry about getting lost. Usually when I drove a car and am driving around the city I feel somewhat anxious because there is always the chance I could get lost and end up in a bad neighborhood or something and I actually have gotten lost a couple of time in the City, but somehow found a way out. Another reason I like taking the train/metro is that you can meet some interesting people and everytime I have been on the metro I have met an interesting person, had an interesting conversation or saw something that was memorable.

I hate traveling by car, especially by myself since it gets really boring even if I have good music with me that gets old after awhile and I used to travel a lot by car due to me playing Hockey and in this area there arent that many hockey rinks or that many teams for that matter so there is definately a lot of travel involved when participating in this sport.

I have only flown by plane once and that was many years ago. I didnt have a bad experience, but it just felt kind of weird? Im not sure how to explain it but I just didnt feel completly comfortable. Also, I was always afraid of it crashing or something else bad happening. I know that can happen with any source of traveling but with Airplanes I felt it more for some reason. Also, when traveling on a plane it doesnt seem that people want to talk or be bothered and get annoyed at the people who try to iniate conversation with them. I wouldnt know personally but in many of movies I have seen I have noticed that for the most part.

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really all depends on what is meant by "best". If you don't want to spend a lot of time getting to your destination, then the airplane is by far the best. It's a bit cramped, especially for people of my height and body structure, but it's typically over in a few hours, and as long as I get an aisle seat, it's not too bad since I can stretch one leg out into the aisle, and if I really start to get uncomfortable, I'll just get up and mosey over to the bathroom, so then I can stand around for awhile.

If best is in reference to the most comfortable, then the train wins. Every train I've been on has had larger seating accommodations than a plane, so you're not feeling cramped. And provided you're not traveling across the country, it's a fairly rapid mode of transit. Still can't match the speed of an airplane, but if you're the type who enjoys the trip to the destination as much as being at your destination, then you can't beat the train.

Cars are just good if you want to be in control of your method of transportation once you arrive at your destination. Otherwise, if you're the one doing the driving, it gets very monotonous, and even if you're a passenger a car is about as comfortable as a plane at times. Plus, in the car you can't stand up and walk around like you can on a plane. Car is the second worst way to travel.

The worst way to travel would be by bus. Here you're surrounded by lots of smelly, disgusting people for long periods of time. You typically would have a hard time getting up and walking around, and you only get a break when it's scheduled on the trip. All the inconveniences of a car, but without the control of your own destiny. Why anyone would willingly subject themselves to riding a bus is beyond me.

My personal choice in all this the plane. When I'm traveling I want to get to my destination as soon as possible. I don't care about the sights on the way, and I'll put up with a bit of discomfort if I can cross the entire country in 5 or 6 hours.

~Uguu!~
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of the 5 mentioned I've only travelled by car, bus, and plane before

Out of those three I prefer the plane more just the fact that there are movies on the plane and food is included (lol). But keep in mind I travel by plane to the other side of the world every summer....and I've done that practically every year with my family since I was born. So perhaps you could say I've gotten used to the plane and I'm biased towards it.
There's also....it's just fun when you arrive at an interenational airport and you see all the gift shops and it's like "cool...they sell this sorta stuff here too?" or "hey! if my friend was here they'd TOTALLY be drooling over this stuff". Little things like that make the overall journey more interesting and fun =P

For buses, I've gone only a few times for bus trips. (I could probably count how many bus trips I've taken in my life all on one hand...). If it's one of those extravagently nice tour buses with air conditioning and movie system etc (...hmm...I seem to be a sucker for movies? lol) Then I'm good with it. But If it's not one of those nice buses I treat it like...the public buses/shuttle buses that run around here and ICK....you do NOT want to be stuck on one of those buses for HOURS....

Cars I have a similar feeling with buses....however there's not much fun in the car...and it's not like you can get up and walk around. Nope, you're stuck in your seat for a loooong chunks of time...at a time...unless it stops at rest stops along the way etc. I have to admit that I like taking car trips to like...camping...like maybe to the other side of the state or something...but beyond that, unless the destination is really interesting...I can't take it.
Oh yeah...I also occassionally tend to get easily car sick sometimes, to the point that I'd feel like passing out.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer car for many reasons. One, I've never traveled too far out, so car was always the best way to go. I'm not sure if I would get seasick or airsick. I'm thinking about hopping the Metro to go down to Los Angeles and visit my friend during the summer. I also wonder what riding on a train is like...haha. XD

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: