Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The real thing begins...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Queendom of Falena is curious to know - What exactly happens should a nation be conquered to that nation and it's people?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If an entire nation is conquered it merges with the conquering nation. I imagine if multiple regions are divided by multiple regions, then the members also get split up.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I thought, but I'm going to be annoying and ask for a bit more detail. :p Who gets the bigger share of the members? Is it just divided up mathmatically - if Nation Pineapple controls 54% of Unknown Nation, and Nation Peach controls 46% of the Unknown Nation, do Nation Pineapple and Nation Peach get 54 and 46% of the members, exactly? And who get's who - if Nation Peach winds up getting most of the active members of Unknown Nation, and Nation Pineapple gets most of the no post wonders, it seems like even though Nation Pineapple got more land they got a rawer deal. Is the splitting random, alphabetic, etc -?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in my nation board, some simular discussion occured, and the options were the defeated nations members could be split between the conquering nations, or all members and their soldiers would become wanderers.

but this raises another thing: national pride and unity of the defeated nation would go out the window, yet their board would remain active - the possibility for a regroup and overthrow of the "foreign invadors" perhaps?!! again, i can't wait to see what happens!
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was talking to Synchyssi about it and I think he pretty much confirmed that it is up to the person that conquers the final region to decide what happens to the conquered nation. If that nation wants to give members to another nation that aided in the destruction of the lesser nation, then that is their choice, but they don't have to, it just would be a nice way to isolate oneself from allies.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, since that conversation, SARS and I talked it over a bit. Now, when a nation is conquered, all their former members become wanderers, free to join existing nations or recreate their own in an attempted mutiny or what have you.

I'll explain all the abilities of wanderers in the next couple days when it all gets worked out. For now, they play such a small role at the moment there's no rush to define what they can do.

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And do the former nation leader of a conquored(sp?) get to keep their custom titles? Or do they just become a regular member and lose all their access to special boards and such?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's not decided yet. Because it wil take a few more phases until we can possibly see a nation getting defeated, there probably won't be a real answer until then. At the moment, it is hard to come up with a realistic response in the case a nation is wiped out.

Changing the titles and nations of every member would be one daunting task. Also, removing leaders from the nation leader rank would mean less people to help me with managing thois board.

What may even happen is for the nation to cotinuously exist on the board, but simply unable to participate in the war games.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, couldn't we just keep the defeated leader in the Nation Leaders usergroup?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i guess on some terms, they're still leaders, just of a conquered people; keeping the title makes sense, but taking off the nation and replacing it with 'wanderer' should clarify their status.

s'up to you guys, obviously, though *just my two pfenning's worth.*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: