Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The real thing begins...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: The real thing begins... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that the training battles are out of the way and everyone hopefully has a good grasp on how the whole battle system works, it's time to start the actual battles. I have just a few announcements to make about the whole system.

1. When a battle starts, both nation leaders choose nine units at the start and PM them to me along with regiment and current soldier counts. These nine units will be the only units that can be used for the upcoming battle with their soldier counts at the time of the PM.

2. I won't send a PM to nation leaders to remind them to send in their battle plans. That's entirely too much of a hassle for me. Instead, if a nation leader takes longer than four days to submit their battle plan, they'll be subject to an ambush from the opposing nation. It still remains that, if a nation leader doesn't submit their plans after seven days, they forfeit the war.

3. As I'm sure many people have noticed, regular members can no longer post in this forum. This was necessary to reduce clutter in the battle topics; a single three-turn battle should not take two pages to complete. Nation leaders and mods can still post and you're free to post about battle results in your nation's forum if your leader says so.

4. The battle map can be found here. Obviously, any two opposing territories connected by lines can attack each other. Falena can attack any port city, and any port city can attack Falena.

5. The introduction of fortresses. If attacked, an army can retreat to a fort to gain some bonuses. The danger of this is that, if that army still loses, they lose two territories instead of one.

6. Appoint your royal guard units now and PM them to me. Each nation can only have one royal guard unit, which gains defense bonuses over normal units. Nation leaders cannot be royal guards.

Any questions, please don't PM me. Ask your nation leader to post it here, as I'm sure there are others that would have the same question and it'd be better for all if everyone were able to gain a clearer understanding of the system.

Last edited by Synchysi on Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1)What I want to know is what benefits do you get for retreating into a fortress?

2)And, is there any penalty, if you attack someone and lose, I mean do you lose a territory?

3) What happens when two nations declare an attack on the same area. Say, Harmonia and Falena both attack a port in the Island Nations, what would happen?

4) What are the exact differences between naval and land battles? Can territory be gained through naval battles, or must there be a naval battle and then a land battle for the territory? If the second is true, what happens if a nation wins a naval battle but then loses a land battle? If they try to attack the same port the next month, would they have to fight a naval battle and then a land battle again, or would it just be the land battle? And could a naval and land battle for one territory take place within a month, or would it be two months?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) I can't give the exact formula for the benefits of a fort, but all units for that battle will gain both a defense bonus and a soldier bonus, which would effectively raise their attack power.

2) If you attack someone and lose, you don't lose a territory. You can only lose territories if you're attacked.

3) Whoever declared war first would have dibs on the territory. The second nation would have to wait until the first battle is over. Then they can decided whether or not to proceed with the attack on whoever owns the territory they were after.

I'll get back to you on the last one. We're still hammering out the details.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is it strictly one on one for battles, or will alliances be allowed?

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If alliances are allowed, how long do they last? Can we break alliances and form new ones?

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are no statistical advantages to "alliances." These can be formed in any way of form as each nation wishes, and can be formed, broken, or betrayed in whatever way or fastion as desired. Playing politics is up to the nations.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do we start battles? Do we "declare war" in a yet-to-be-made thread, or do we PM Synchysi?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please PM synchysi if you wish to invade another nation.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2 questions.

1. How often can we use a unit? I thought it was once per battle, but I also heard once a month. Which one is correct?

2. Any port-city can attack Falena, and Falena can attack any port city. Does this rule go only for Falena or can say a port city from the Nameless Regions attack one in Tinto?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaara wrote:
2 questions.

1. How often can we use a unit? I thought it was once per battle, but I also heard once a month. Which one is correct?

One/phase would be correct. That means, if you use a unit for attack, you can't use that unit until the next phase. If another enemy attacks during that phase, you can not use the same unit to defend.

[Edit: Clarification on phase-- some people seem to be using "month" but "phase" would be correct. Thus, the same unit can only be used once during a phase even if a nation is being attacked by three different nations. Of course, this is difficult when there are not very many members, but each nation would have to manage with what they have. Also, members with 0 soldiers can not participate.]

Quote:

2. Any port-city can attack Falena, and Falena can attack any port city. Does this rule go only for Falena or can say a port city from the Nameless Regions attack one in Tinto?

Yes, any port city can attempt to invade another port city in a given month. However, they will first have to have a naval battle with the enemy nation first before they can directly attack the port region. Because of this, it takes at least two phases to invade enemy territorry by sea.

If the invading nation does not attack the port city in the next phase after winning a naval battle, their advantage will be lost--they will have to win a naval battle again to attack the port region.

Also, the invaded nation can counterattack against the invading nation in a naval battle to nullify the advantage.

For example, if the Island Nation attacks Nameless Land's Saintler Port, they must first fight a naval battle at sea. If the Island Nation wins that naval battle, they can attack Saintler Port in the next phase.

However, if the Island Nation decides to not attack Saintler Port in the next phase, and attempts to attack it in the phase after that--they have to fight a naval battle again.

If the Nameless Lands attempts to attack Gaien (or any other Island Nations port) in a counterattack and wins a naval battle, the advantage the Island Nations had would also vanish.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
There are no statistical advantages to "alliances." These can be formed in any way of form as each nation wishes, and can be formed, broken, or betrayed in whatever way or fastion as desired. Playing politics is up to the nations.

Alright, thanks. So am I correct in assuming that Nations can make as many alliances as they please? I would like to make sure.

John Layfield wrote:
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, they can make as many alliances as they want.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And how long exactly is a phase?
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One month.

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that a nation should only get a single chance to defend themselves by naval battle each phase. If multiple nations attack another nation's port towns the defending nation should choose 1 of the attacking nations to send its fleets against at sea while the other attacking nations get to attack the port cities directly.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: