Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Suikoden 2 party
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
I don't know about you, Georg Prime, but i've liked Georg in II, even before Suikoden V was announced. And it might also have to do with the fact that some of us had Georg starting off at Level 99 when he was recruited. And a man who likes cheescakes will be liked by everyone. ^_^

He was always my favourite swordsman, Suikoden V just seems to have exposed him to the players who never noticed him or even liked him at first. My party usually always has him in it on the front lines with his MAG-DEF stat boosted up as much as I could put it. Stones of Mag-Def were made for Georg.

Front line: Riou, Sheena, Georg.

Basically Riou as in practically all parties in Suikoden II, is the healer and does his damage with his weapon and level 4 Bright Shield Rune spell. Sheena is a great swordsman and has supportive earth magic by default to boost character's stats (namely Georg) should magic be too poweful for him. Georg basically just tears enemies apart with his swordsmanship and has alot of hit points and a high enough level no matter what to take on tough enemies.

Back line: Viki, Killey, Lorelai.

I admit I had no idea about the storyline links with these characters a few years ago, but I really liked them anyway. Viki's a great magician with a unique rune and good healing capabilities, Killey is a well rounded fighter with a Rage rune to defeat numorous enemies at once. Lorelai's drain rune is pretty bad in Suikoden II, but when I gave her other runes like the Thunder rune she really took off.
Rob7274

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

F-

Flik - Victor - Rikimaru

B -

Killey - Riou - Clive
Thor

Asgardians

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front:
pesmerga -
Viktor -
Wakaba -

Back:
Mazus -
Tir -
Riou -
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front -

Flik
Humphrey
Pesmerga

Back -
Mazus
Clive
Riou

Also worth noting. Pesmerga and Mazus were level 99s when I recruited them. Not sure why.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SuikoGator, They aren't the only ones. For me and many other people, Pesmerga, mazus, georg and Long Chan Chan begin at Level 99 when they join your party. It's most likey a bug in the system. No one is actually sure why. *shrugs*Join the club.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyrus the virus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front lines:

Flik - Great character, story-wise, which is a plus for me. Great rune, good attacking skills. All around, he's a very solid character.

Viktor - Friendship rune (I think that's the one) and Warrior rune (1.5x attack, that one) make him an evil attacker. He dies easily thanks to the Warrior rune, though.

Shiro - Yeah, I like Shiro. I gave him a Double-Beat rune early on, and I can't bear to get rid of him. He's great for random encounters because he attacks at least twice, usually killing off an enemy who has been hit to low health (thus, Viktor's attack is not wasted on someone near-death). Shiro's attacked up to FOUR TIMES before, so far O_O So yeah, I like him.

Back row:

Luc - I'm a Luc fan. Wizard Rune and Lightning, so bosses cry in fear :p

Riou - Can't get rid of him :p He's the healer.

Clive - Clive's too cool to get rid of. I gave him a Darkness rune for no real reason, though I should slap a Warrior rune on him or something. I just enjoy having him around for coolness factor. Mwaha!

On my next playthrough, I'll avoid using Flik and Viktor. I always say I won't use them, but next time I'm determined!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its funny but Clive has always seemed like the good candidate for a darkness rune and I have put one on him more than once... even though I barely use him.

My party generally consists of:

Valeria/Kasumi - I normally take Valeria since she's my favourite and just better all around as a character... yet I always have a soft spot for Kasumi as well due to her suggested relationship with Tir. Such a hard decision this one, but either one ends up being in my party for the remainder of the game, just as they both were mainstays of my party in Suiko 1.

Bob - How can you not love the werewolf man! Good normal damage and superb transformed damage, plus the fact that he's near indestructible and can even equip the Dream Robe... this man has no weakness...

Genshu - One of my style > substance characters. I just love Genshu for his stance and speed and the animation of his rune. Even though he has next to no customisation available, I always put the dream robe on him as its a free hazy rune, and a strong weapon rune like kindness or friendship on his weapon so that his damage gets right up there.

Back Row

Riou - I've said it before but here it is again. I always tend to weaken the hero characters. I pump up all the other character's speeds and often lvl 99 trick them to make them a lot more powerful than Riou himself. It bugs me for no real reason any of the attack animations that take ages ( like Riou's ), so I dont use those characters or just slow them down.

Karen - I would call her my biggest style > substance choice but she's hardly a slacker in the party. With two free runeslots and a 2x damage physical rune to boot she's not bad as a support mage. But mainly she's just so so cute the way she throws off her dress at the start of battle XD

Tir - I just can't resist taking him, he's so great as a character, better at EVERYTHING than Riou ( except TECH ) plus his Soul Eater is just so fun to use.

I generally take this party everywhere once I have them, Genshu obviously is the latest addition as he joins in the last few recruits, but I take him all the way to the beast rune ... he is effectively a wasted slot in there as all he can do is normal physical attacks. But well you know, the STYLE!

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite party is more based on the characters I liked from a personality standpoint and cuteness factor built in than building necessarily the strongest party possible. Also, I have several parties I might use depending on my mood, so when I list this, I'll include people who I often times change in.

Front Row

Pesmerga/Wakaba - Pesmerga with a, ummm, what is it, Spark Rune? Whichever rune that allows him to attack first thus negating his slow speed is arguably the best character out there. Plus, he just has a style factor that I really like. Wakaba also can get plugged into this slot because she's fast, fairly strong, and I think she's rather cute.

Georg/Kasumi - I don't think I need to defend this choice of Georg much. Even without the level 99 bug he's still a tank, and I like tanks. Kasumi on the other hand gets the nod almost solely because she was my favorite character in Suikoden 1. In this time around her usefulness was greatly reduced due to her only having a short range weapon and very poor defense, but she's still cute, so she often gets a spot!

Flik/Viktor - Both of these characters were staples in my Suikoden 1 party, and besides the nostalgia factor, they're both pretty solid characters to boot. Yay!

Back Row

Eilie - She is always with the party. ALWAYS! I'm a sucker for the romantic angle, and she was cute as well, both physically and how she was always so shy around Riou.

Riou - No choice here, so no need to defend it.

Nanami/Tir/Clive/Any M or L person I feel like - Usually I'd use Tir when I could because the Soul Eater is too good, but Clive was also a cool choice since guns rule, but honestly this was the slot I'd use to plug in whomever I felt like. Nanami got this spot more often than anyone, but I'll admit to plugging Nina in just to have her annoy Flik once in awhile. But overall, Nanami got the nod.

In terms of time spent in the party the Wakaba/Flik/Viktor/Eilie/Riou/Nanami combo was the one I went with, but in terms of ending the game, more often than not it was Pesmerga/Georg/Flik/Eilie/Riou/Tir

~Uguu!~
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my party:

Riou- can't get rid of him, though even if it was possible, he'd still be an essential member of the party. Great at healing as well as physical attacks.

Nanami- for the sake of her relationship with Riou.

Tir- Likely the best character in SII.

Ayda- The self-proclaimedguardian of the forests. She's one of my fav characters, although she's not that powerful. I like her appearance.

Kinnison- A cool guy. Usually equipped with M. Earth rune. I frequently use his unite attack with Shiro which is the final member of the party.
Circle

Lighthouse Keeper

10013 Potch
226 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have this party in my last game with suiko 2:

front line:

left: Pesmerga (because i love him and i put the ones i love in the left, and in front line because he is S)

central: Riou (because i put the heroes in the center)

right: Zamza (much powerful in either magic and attack)

back line:

left: Killey (the most adorable and powerful character in all the suikoden series ^_^)

central: Tir McDohl (my favourite hero)

right: Lorelai (my favourite girl and favourite weapon too)
eyes that lie
break on through to the other side
break on through to the other side
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front row:

Viktor - I gave him the Kindness rune, and either a Double-Strike/Beat/Fury Rune.

Georg - Oh come on, it's Georg! Who doesn't like Georg!

Riou - I didn't like him that much, but hey, I had no choice - he's there all the time anyways. :P

Back Row:

Sierra - It's the Vampire women, rawr! I like the Darkness Rune.

Kahn Marley - Most awesome man. Ever. He just kicks so much ass. Decent as a physical fighter and quite good as a mage, making him one of those Hybrid folk.

Tengaar - The support mage, her Earth Rune really, REALLY helped me alot.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front row: Tir Mcdohl, Victor, Flik

Back row: Riou, Mazus, Sierra
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oulan: I learned pretty slow how cool that person is, because I managed only to get her very late at my first times of playing the game. Later I manged to get her as soon as possible and loved her. With a berserk rune and her special attack in each round she isn't exactly to be called weak.

Sometimes I still use Viktor instead of the lady, because he is a great character.

Sheena: I tested him the first time after I read about his true strength and now I really like him.

Mister Magical Fire Fist: Don't ask me why, but I didn't get him at first in Toto for a very long time, but when he lurks around near the kitchen at my castle. When I finally managed to get him early in the game I fell almost in love. THough I never used his special rune he is still great.

Riou: I love his rune and do actually believe that it is the best rune of the whole series, because you can't loose with it...

Killey: Almost the same like Sheena, though he looked cooler at least. Now I love him the more.

This place changes almost each time I play the game...

The Fool
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im not sure the order cuz its been a while since i've played but this is it

Victor
Flick (cuz im nestalgic like that)
Sierra (fav suiko character)
Clive
Riou
nanami (untill i could get Tir )

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before
Front Row - Pesmerga, Flik, Georg
Back Row - Riou, Tir, Clive

Now
Riou, Georg(after I get Georg to level 99)

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: