Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Suikoden 2 party
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Favorite Suikoden 2 party Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I experiement a lot with different characters in Suikoden 2 but I have to say my favorite party would be this:

Riou
Georg
Valeria(or Pesmerga)
Eilie
Kinnison(or Lorelai)
Ayda

How about the rest of you? What would your best party be?
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Riou
Pesmerga or Sheena
George
Viktor
Tengaar
Eilie,Tir or Kahn
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front Row:

Viktor: Hee hee... everyone's favorite bear-resembling swordsman returns. Viktor's character is very, shall we say, endearing, and he's a very good fighter to boot. In this game, he even gets two Rune slots, giving him a leg up on the competition. I remember the time Viktor was berserk and criticalled Abomination for 727 damage... it was on my very first playthrough, and was my first really strong attack in Suikoden II.

Flik: Viktor's eternal counterpart also makes a return. Like Viktor, he gets two Rune slots, so a Fury and a Thunder is the ideal here. If one feels the urge, however, one could give Flik two offensive Runes and let him be a pure fighter, but that would be a waste.

The third slot isn't as set in stone. Humphrey is a good solid pick, but doesn't really dish out as much damage as I'd like. Camus fills the slot from time to time, and complements Flik's magic fairly well. Other times, I'll move McDohl up here to make more room in the back. If I want maximum damage, however, I might put in Sheena or Killey. This can be thought of as a "filler" slot, tweaked to suit my immediate needs.

Back Row:

Riou: Well, Duh!!! The hero is always in the party, so not much of a choice, but he's still a very, very good fighter. The Bright Shield Rune is very nice, and he gets the full three Rune slots!

Tir McDohl: Do I really have to explain this one?

Spellcaster to be determined: This can also be thought of as a filler spot. I like to have one pure spellcaster in the team, such as Luc or Viki (even if she backfires!), but I often use a long range attacker/mage combo, like Tengaar. My Suikoden II team isn't really set in stone, as you can clearly see...
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front Row:

Viktor: A very good tank with high damage capabilities. I gave him a Killer rune and a titan rune. He is always in my party.

Flik: A very good offensive character with good magic stats. I gave him a thunder rune to make easy work out of enemy bosses. He is always in my party.

George: A decent fighter. I use him as a physical fighter. He is always in my party although sometimes I swithc him for Pesmerga.

Back row:

Luc: A good magic user better than Mazus. I use him in combo magics to make easy work out of enemy bosses. He is always in my party with a Cyclone rune, a Flowing rune and a resurrction rune.

Riou: I use him both as a physical fighter and magic user. I equipped him with a resurrection rune. He is FOREVER in my party.

Mazus: A good magic user capable of giving out extreme magic damage. I use him together with luc for soem combo magics which makes easy work out of enemy bosses. He is always in my party.

So there you have it. My favorite party.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Kendo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front: Pesmerga, Viktor and Killey
Back: Mazus, Riou and Tir
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote]Kendo Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:13 am Post subject:

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------

Front: Pesmerga, Viktor and Killey

Killey eh? Interesting choice there. He's got evened out stats so I find him fairly decent as well.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite group was the one I used to kill the beast rune.

Pesmerga (He was level 99 :D)
Viktor
Georg (He was 99 too XD)
Rious
McDohl(He may have been 99 too)
Mazus(Level 99...come on)
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucky bastard. How the hell did you get them up to level 99?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, Kira, Killey can be really, really powerful. Monstrously so.

Front Row:

Killey: Killey is simply put, the man. Very balanced stats; an OK good mage for a fighter, if you want to use him for that, but more to the point, a really good fighter in and of himself. How cool is Killey? SO COOL HE DOES NOT NEED BATTLE ANIMATION. That cool.

Flik: The one member of my party who can use offensive magic well,and he doesn't do it badly. Considering how often the story forces him in there, I figure I'll just go with the flow and put them in there myself. Besides that, he's a good attacker in and of himself.

Viktor: One does not put Flik in the party without putting his erm, companion in as well. Can you say tank, children? I knew you could. Viktor is Viktor, and his character and decency in battle guarentee him a slot. Besides, like his erm, companion, Flik, he wins up being forced in by the story a lot anyway, so you might as well go with it, yes?

Part-Time Players:

Occasionally I'll swap Georg or Valeria for Flik and/or Viktor. The main reason they're not in the main group is simply because Flik and Viktor are required more often. I'd put McDohl in more, but alas, getting him is such a pain in the behind that I don't really put him in my party much.

The Back Row:

Lorelai - You are surprised to see her here, no? She's just as cool as Killey, but as an M classer, she's in the back in this set-up. Flexible Lorelai can fill just about any position fairly well - she's an ok back-upmage (usually earth, for me) and a fairly decent attacker.

Clive - BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. That sound? Just Clive killing off 3/4ths of the enemy's party. He criticals more than anyone else in my game, and gets off more shots than anyone else. You could use an archer here, but why would you?

Riou - Has to be here by default, but that's not a bad thing. The main healer of my party. The bright shield rune is great, and with a resurrection or water rune, well, he's even better. Good attacker, good mage, ok-defense - what's not to love about our be-circlet'ed hero?

I'm really surprised how many people use pure mages. I've almost never used them. ^^; I guess I'm just not patient enough to utilize them. ^^;

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had Eilie as my main magic user. Surprisingly her magic power is fairly high. For my party it was Ayda getting the hits. I gave her a Gale rune. 277 speed PLUS 150 luck. She gets up to 3 criticals per turn for about 600 damage.

I gave Eilie a lightning rune plus a warrior rune for mega damage. Valeria I already had a mega high level so she doesn't need powerups. FYI if you want a tank use Pesmerga. He's got the highest defense in the game.[/strike]
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But he's slow as hell, he can only equip one rune, and his armor can't be modified at all beyond, I think, 1 or 2 accessory slots. (I think it's just one.)

I think he's overrated as a tank.

Besides, to be honest, I rank characters by how much I like them, then ability. Georg and Viktor are approximately 20,000 times cooler than Pesmerga, thus they're 20,000 times more likely to visit my party.

I like Ellie and Rina a lot, too for archer mages. They're really, shockingly good. 0.o

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rina is also a good choice for a spellcaster. For a tank I usually use Georg. For extra muscle I'll throw Valeria in there. I like having fast characters too so sometimes I'll use Ayda,Kinnison or Clive.
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

best patry
front line: riou tir luc
back line: NONE
cause it's my final party and i kick beast rune ass with it
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude are you sure that's wise? You'd better make sure they got some mega defense if you're going to do that.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, he said it works. It's a crazy strategy, but to each his own, I guess...

Last edited by Camus the Noble on Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: