Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anyone looking forward to Halo 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like it how there are already so many good reviews of this game around the net such as gamefaqs, and am very keen to buy this game when I have the time. I know I was heaps psyched for it and such but I have waited many years for this game so I can wait another week or sowith out worry or stress I am missing out big time. I have heard a few people do not like the single player missions but I always tend to hear things like that about most First Person Shooters and I always think they rule irregardless.

I really loved the Two PlayerCo-op for the first Halo and had fun playing this game with a friend as it allowed for somehelpful and creative strategy in conquering a hard level. Nothing beat storming the beach
and forest in a tank or the warthog and having one drive and the other plow down the groundwith non stop gun fire...

Now I also enjoyed the immensely customiseable other two player mode. Simple Deathmatch is fun on its own I will admit, though having so many ways to alter it or add certain vehicles to it was great. And the good old capture the flag modes and all the others were great. Therefore I am greatly looking forward to both Two player Co-op and Two player deatchmatch,etc for Halo 2...

I don't actually know that much about the custimization of Halo 2's two player games, like I think it would be great if you can now add the Covenant to the maps for a bit of target practise or perhaps even work as teams to defeat your enemy (friend) opponent. I am also looking forward to if Bungie added flying vehicles (not hover ones) in the multiplayermaps because I was really upset that you could not add the vehicle that you could fly in (its name eludes me at the moment...) so I hope that feature is added.

I know this part sucks, but it really makes sense. It is actually good that this game
(and halo 1) does not have any codes, so it is not possible to cheat and therefore eliminatesthe chance of cheating. I like an unfair advantage here and there, but if there are no codes at all to use in a game, there is no chance they will tempt you then right?

I like how you can now hold your human weapon and an alien weapon at the same time, so wielding duel weapons to waste your enemies will help out a great deal. I am also impressedthat the produces added the Covenant energy sword as a usable weapon this time around. It annoyed me sooo much that the damn Covenant dude who is invisible could always kill me (the master chief!) in one hit even though I would have full health AND energy shield...Now the tide of battle has turned and I will wield this weapon of mass destruction! He he, I am now extra looking forward to playing this game for the first time sometime next week.

Anyone who has actually played this game feel free to share your thoughts and opinions here, as I shall probably do sometime next week...
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am actually going to buy an Xbox just for this game. It sounds pretty good, but I hated when everyone in my school was saying it was going to be the best game ever. And when I say everyone I mean everyone (except me). So I think that it is a good game, but it can get too much hype.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My copy is reserved. I should pick it up sometime.

For some reason I am looking forward to it, obviously, even though I haven't been any good at a game of that nature since Operation: Wolf.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was very very lucky, because when my parents went to the local megaplex, I decided to tell them if they saw Halo 2 to just grab it for me since they would be in the area. And I told them if they could look around a few of the game stores to get the cheapest one (they always vary) and here is what happened. They went to Target...which had sold 700 copies of Halo 2 on the first day, and thereafter for another two days until it ran out of stock...A very similar situations occured for Grace Brothers, K-mart,Big W and all the other stores that sold Halo 2. Things most certainly did not look good.

And finally they checked Electronics Boutique (always costs the most here, that is why I said to check here last) and what do you know? They had a couple of copies left, and no I am not exaggerating, there were close to none left, as many people pre-ordered and bought out all the copies. But there were a few copies left, and surprisingly they were the limited edition Halo 2 copies! I was so happy I got this game as the special edition...Very lucky indeed. The Bonus disk is a dvd that contains a lot of good features.

This cool bonus DVD included a Making of Halo2, which consists of Behind the Scenes of Bungie Studios. It also has a few Featurettes on the Game Design, Animation, and a couple of others including its music. I know Halo 2 is not a movie, though strangely enough this bonus disk contains deleted scenes and outtakes...Hmm, they must have been heaps violent, or just an alternate interpretation. I think bloopers would be funny. "Master Chief! Look out incoming!"
"I know Cortanna. I see them. Oh jeez! I just fell over and lost my grenades!" It also includes a few other features that I have yet to check out. I think this stuff might give away spoilers and ruin the game so I am going to refrain from watching most of it untill I have completely finished Halo 2.

Oh and the instruction book for Halo 2 rules, it has a lot of good details on all the human and covenant weaponry, as well as the alien species, which now includes a few additional units among their ranks, and they now all have 'official' names, like the grunt units are the 'Unggoy' and the fearsome and powerful 'Hunters' are called Lekgolo. I remeber these creatures to be very powerful, and look forward to slaughtering them with the new ability of Duel Wielding two weapons and using them at the same time.

The graphics for this legendary game have improved and stepped up once more, well I thougth the original Halo's graphics were very good and still the best on the XBOX system for many years, so Halo 2 have just gotton even better, they look a lot the same to me, though like I mentioned, the original Halo had awesome graphics so there are no complaints here. I love the detail in each of the Covenant aliens bodywork and how each level is huge and very much eye candy is present here and there...

Oh and cut scenes and movies are very frequent and present in between each level just like the first Halo. Once again I am so happy and glad I accquired Halo 2: The Limited Collector's Edition. I cannot wait to regain and hone my abilities at wipeing out Covenant scum, and learning the ways of stealth and completing the hard goals the Halo games throw at you. And during my lone adventures I will pick up good techniques and skills and use them against my mates in two/three/four player split screen on my nice new large TV...And nothing beats two player co-op for the campaign missions. Well done Bungie on yet another great XBOX game. I look forward to playing Halo 3 if that is ever made...

Oh and Diaz, I am sure you will not regret purchasing an XBOX to play Halo 2, I'll bet you will be impressed...Even if you found it hard, continual play time can only increase how good you can get in this game. I taught my friend all my 'secret' techniques and tricks for this game, and he is now a rather formidable and hard opponent in the deathmatch and mutliplayer areanas...I must be careful who I train in the methods of the force, lest I one day be beaten... Even still, back in the day the XBOX had hardly any games, though now it has a lot, and especially a lot of XBOX only games so you will benefit on many fronts by owning an XBOX. I love having both a PS2 and XBOX because I can then play pretty much anygame no matter what system it is on. I will always prefer a game on the XBOX because the graphics are always better and adding your cd soundtracks to gameplay is very fun, though the PS2 is better for its good code systems for hard games, suhc as Action Replay,Codebreaker etc, the XBOX is basically unhackable when it comes to code devices...
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any one beat the game yet??? WORST ENDING EVER!
Joe x

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have played it and liked it muti player is the best its worth the money
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was looking forward to it a bit( not as much as I wanted Otogi 2), I have it now and it's an okay game, it's just _really_ short, like you'll be playing through the campaign and everything will be set up for a cool conclusion, and then the game just stops...which was mildly irratating :roll:
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though I really liked the first Halo, and was looking forward to the second one for years, I made it my business not to look into or read anything about Halo 2. SO basically most things that I experience in Halo 2 are real surprises for me since I did not know that much about it. This was a really good strategy for me, as just today I was so shocked and impressed that you could actually play as the Covenant! Having this feature integrated into the campaign mode was so cool. Seriously I had no idea of this feature, and it just goes to show that if you can stop yourself from reading into everything about a game before it is released, many surprises and interesting things await you...
Wing Saber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not got it yet , but when christamas comes around it is mine.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have only had Halo 2 for about a week or so, and am still enjoying it immensely. None of my mates have had time to come over yet, so I can't wait to play co-op and split screen multiplier. My TV screen is now nice and big (109 cm) so I think playing four person multiplayer would not be so bad anymore, like having the TV divided into four little screens won't be as bad as it was on my old TV (68cm). At least by applying this method, when playing deathmatch I can work as a team with one of my mates against the other two players. It is going to be fun.

I like how you can apply a lot of strategy into playing Halo 2, like you can be stealthy if that is the way you want to go. I often take my time wiping out each section of a mission from the Covenant. And a good trick (very old though) is to zoom in from a far away distance with your sniper rifle, and when there is a heavily populated area of the aliens, when you have a good angle with your sniper, do not move and change your weapon to your rocket launcher. I use this method a lot in my Halo 2 game...

Oh, and I loved once again meeting the Flood head on...Crazy critters. It can get pretty hectic when a big swarm is unleashed upon you and you get supremely overwhelmed.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone here have X-box live? I am getting it for Christmas :o
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haol is one of the best games I ever played I have played haol2 and it's still awsome.
Martouf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YES Ialrety beat it it is mutch beter than Halo 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: