Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anyone looking forward to Halo 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Anyone looking forward to Halo 2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure that a lot people really enjoyed Halo but with the sequel nearing release (November I believe) I was going to ask you all are you going to purchase Halo 2 when it comes out,I know I am.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't played Halo 1, and i'm not looking forwards Halo 2(maybe someday...), but i found really interesting the whole marketing "conspiracy" thing they made with the whole www.ilovebees.com deal.
But they kind of blew it when they started making ilovebees merchandising...

All the way to the edge of this world
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a fan of first person shooters, nor am I a fan of the Xbox (don't own one and probably never will) so the game doesn't hold any interest for me. But despite my feelings towards Microsoft and the Xbox, I hope you and anyone else who is a fan of the series enjoys it when it comes out.

I will, however, be getting the next GameCube Zelda game when it's released. It's been a long time since I've played a new Zelda game. (Passed on Wind Waker and Four Swords, the style didn't appeal to me.)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Alseid

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, i don't understand people being fans of one console or the other. I got my PS2 because the games i wanted to play were in it. If i could afford an XBOX, i'd buy one, if anything because there's a big hype over many many games, namely Ninja Gaiden(which competes with my all time favourite game, Devil May Cry, for the title of best action game ever, and i'd like to see if it's as good as they say. Though most unbiased comparations i've seen end up giving the title to DMC...). Same for Gamecube, though that one doesn't have any game that interests me, so far. Maybe the Zeldas, but not quite...

Each machine got it's own pros and cons. PS2 got the best and biggest collection of games, even more so adding the PSX playback compatibility. XBOX is the most powerful console so far, on the technical side, and the online capability is appealing, and so on... I see no need to act as though people with one system or the other was in a different gang and the rest were their enemies or whatever.

There, i blahed for a while. Sorry if it was off topic, but i just wanted to say it...Arh.

Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guess there aren't as many fans of Halo as I thought ah well...oh by the by Elc I passed on Wind waker to but I bought 4 swords mainly cause of the old school Zelda action but thats just me I guess.Ha Alseid you posted 1 minute before me so I've decided to edit my post to voice my opnion some people choose a certain console mainly cause of the games some people choose X-box for its shooters,Gamecube for the old favorites,and PS2 for its varity well thats abou it.

Last edited by Dakota on Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid, I am notoriously anti-Microsoft, so that's one factor in my bias against the Xbox. But, simply put, the Xbox doesn't have enough games to warrant a purchase. My favourite genre is RPGs, which are abundant on the Sony consoles, while the Xbox is the system to get if you are into FPSs, which don't interest me. The Xbox itself is also way too big, and I'd have nowhere to put it.

The PS2 is, by far, my primary gaming console with the Gamecube as the alternate. I don't have many games for the Gamecube except for Zelda: Collector's Edition, Soul Calibur 2, Super Smash Bros. and Tales of Symphonia. There aren't many more GC games which have caught my interest except for the upcoming Zelda.

Alseid

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The rant wasn't directly pointed at you, but at the whole trend of rejecting a system for fanboyism's sake(if you'd see the flamewar i had at DA with this guy that said that to have an opinion worthy of being heard about gaming, you had to hate all consoles and play EXCLUSIVELY pc games. And that a keyboard was better for controling games than a...well, a controler.)

Elc wrote:
The Xbox itself is also way too big, and I'd have nowhere to put it.

That's the other reason i don't have an XBOX. My place is small, and the PS2 eats up space enough already XD

Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be anti-Microsoft but a friend of mine brought his X-Box overand I loved it but the X-box has about .......1 RPG its called Sudeki its a flop though,I still like my Ps2 better though.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest I dont own an XBOX either but my brother does and he lets me use the system whenever I feel like doing so. Frankly either way I have not played Halo 1 yet but I will probably try it and not to mention Halo 2 at some point but I will not buy them. I will probably eventually buy myself one down the road but for the moment I dont need to do so. Im in pretty good shape when it comes to the PS2 and the rpgs I will buy and have bought for that system.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It also doesn't help that the other systems competing for space are: Super NES. Nintendo 64 and the GameCube. Then there are all my manga graphic novels, which I can't find any good space for. I need to do some serious re-organizing of my stuff in order to keep from tripping over stuff.

If I were to get an Xbox at any point in time, the only game that interests me is the remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day, but I've already got the game for the N64 and I can't justify buying an expensive system for a single game. It took quite a bit of thought before I decided to even get a GameCube, despite having the two promotional Zelda discs.

I used to be a Nintendo loyalist up until the end of the Nintendo 64's lifespan, and when Nintendo changed the look of Zelda with Wind Waker, my interest in the GameCube dropped off the radar, and I began collecting PSX/PS2 RPGs and discovered what I had been missing for the past 5 or so years. I was never anti-Sony like I am anti-Microsoft, there was just no way for me to afford another system at the time. Oddly enough, I didn't even get an N64 until the year before Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out.

Alseid, that's a pretty whacked out view on gaming that guy had. It would be like someone saying you could only have a worthy opinion on RPGs if you stuck exclusively to table-top RPGs. Computer gaming has it's advantages, and consoles have their own. Personally, I like computer gaming for online stuff, like (and it's an old game now, but I still enjoy it) Star Trek: Armada and that is primarily mouse-based, with the keyboard mainly for the chat function.

Of course, the biggest con in regards to computer gaming is you almost need to be constantly upgrading your system to be able to play newer games, whereas you don't have to worry about that with a console. It's a real pain to play real-time games with the bare minimum amount of RAM required. Buy a console and you can play any game that comes out for it. Then when you need to "upgrade" to the next system, it's also a lot cheaper than upgrading your computer.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion, though some people seem like they don't want others to have opinions which differ from theirs.

And1balla

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I sort of liked Halo, but it isn't one of my favorite game. I am not planning on buying Halo 2.
Thanks
And1balla
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first Halo is one of the only games I've ever played on the Xbox and to be honest, I don't see what the big deal is. My brother has an Xbox, but I don't really play it that much. I'm not really the bigest fan of shooter games either, so I'm not planning on buying Halo 2. But of course if the game ever catches my interest I may consider it.

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:

Of course, the biggest con in regards to computer gaming is you almost need to be constantly upgrading your system to be able to play newer games...

Actually, to me, the biggest con to PC gaming is that developers have a tendence to release buggy games, and fix them with patches. So if you don't have access to internet or whatever, you're stuck with a broken game. They tend to release uncomplete games as well, and then make up expansions with the contents they decided to leave out, thus milking the cow even further.

Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with the whole patches thing for PC games which is why with the exception of The Sims games anything I play on the PC is downloadable usually free games off the internet like Mu Online and Ragnarok Online. Though Ragnarok is no longer free and I havent played it once since it went to paid playing. Mu Online is a great game for those that have the capability of playing it and for the most part there are no problems with the game and the lag is minimal at worst. Though there are those bastards that will steal your kills and drops but generally there are few problems.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid, I totally understand what you mean. Star Trek: Armada is very similar. You need a patch just to be able to play online, and one patch fixes an organizational problem with buttons that appear once you acquire the required resources. For the longest time I was playing Armada on a system which could only support the safe mode version of play, and the visuals are absolute crap in comparison to the regular play.

That was also one of my beefs with the Xbox, Microsoft had the PC mentality in mind when designing the system. Because of my experience with Microsoft PC products, I don't trust them to put out quality products of any kind. The last thing we need for console gaming are buggy games which require patches just to be able to play. Final Fantasy XI is a bit different in that regard, as it was designed to be played entirely online, and was also Square-Enix' first entry into online gaming, so it's to be expected that there would be need of patches and expansions.

The main reason I don't go for online gaming is being forced to pay money to play the game after you've spent $60+ just to own the game. That's why I like Star Trek: Armada, it's completely free.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: