Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Name and novel. . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'm going to name my Prince Faroush/Farush. I was considering doing the word "sun" in another language, but most of them are based on the root word "sol" which is already used a lot in the game. Plus, I like how Faroush/Farush sound!

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, not to burst all of your bubbles, but it's "Falshe", because it's a combination of both his parents names, or at least that's what King said in the King Blog.
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh really, I thought it was Sol though. You know, Sol is 'sun' in Latin.

If it's really Falsche, sounds pretty weird to me though. Because in IV we got 'Lazlo' a name that I did not expect. Wow, the developers seem to be very creative.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think i will end up calling the prince ouji or King since a prince can become a king except in this case or i just name him King after King for making this great game.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Falshe isn't the "official name", but it's just the nickname King gave, and so he put it on the special memory card. That may be is official name someday, but right now, it was not confirmed to be that.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

King said the memory card name was ファルーシュ and DMX or jainsafel at suikosource translated it as Falshe (at least that's the impression I got)
obsidianstars3

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
Faroush would be a better translation for "Faruushu." It's an actual name that is used in certain parts of the world (namely around Iran).

L0l, actually, Falsche isn't too bad. I actually tried a search for the name "Faroush" and found out that it means "dead coral which comes in striated slabs." ^^; (from http://catnaps.org/islamic/glossary.html)
Danny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Falshe would do a great name, it's original and when you pronnounce it, it's like mysterious and punchy. I guess every hero's name should be alittle punchy, just because it makes a huge difference because you that when you say the name or read the name... you'll know that your main character is important. Prince Falshe... (False.... :shock: ) Nah... It sounds cool. (Fal-shhh... Fal-shay)....

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it was a combination of Felid and Arshtat, shouldn't it be Farsh (Farshe)? That doesn't really go with the long vowel in Faruushu, but if it was Farushu, it'd be perfectly okay.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So the prince's official name (according to the novel) is meant to be Freyjadour or Freyadour. With Frey as a sorta nickname.

The novel on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4840235716

And a thread at suikosource about it:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=85544#85544

Vector Xthonic wrote:
The name itself is a combination of the Norse mythology "Freyja" (who happens to be the wife of the Norse sun deity) and the French ending "dour" which means "person." So the name makes sense in a way, because the prince comes from a family that owns the Sun rune, and thus are "human representatives of the sun." So I'd say a good name would be "Freyjadour Falenas" while his nickname would be "Frey."

Personally I like the name, Freyjadour is a bit long but I like his nickname and it's likely what I'll call the Tenkai from now on. Having a mythological reason behind the name is nice too.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gonna sound odd trying to figure out how to say his full name. but at least i don't have to call him the prince any more. frey it shall be. thanx for the info on it hawk.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Frey sounds good to me too.
Freyjadour isn't hard to remember if you split them up, but writng Frey saves time then writing the full name.
Makes me wonder if the previous heros have meanings behind their choosen names. Excluding the heroes of Suikoden III of course.

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...good timing, I guess. I will probably buy SV soon, and I was wondering how to name the Hero and the resolution is here. I like the nickname : "Frey" very much but Freyjadour seem weird to me : melting norse with French? But I must admitt that Freyjadour Falenas is somewhat catchy - I mean the name fit with the surname.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And it's Acheron for the win. Page three I looked back and I saw that I had posted about the name of my hero being Frey. I've never done this before but I think Konami is watching me post here on SuikoX and they're just taking my advice. Yeah, that's what's happening.

I think Freyjadour is too long. I'll use it in my next playthrough (which may be sometime in the distant future) and maybe they will abbreviate it in the game. That would be a neat easter egg. Sweet, I called it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So we finally have a name from the novel?

Freyjadour is quite a funny name, and I don't know how it is pronounced as well. But it looks good.

And his nickname, Frey, reminds me of FF9's Freya. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: