Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Error in Pre-Order Bonus Artbook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
allsongstaken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blazing Camp wrote:
Another question, does everyone who pre-ordered the game get the artbook and CD, or did you have to be one of the first people to pre-order it. (I pre-ordered mines on March 8th).

Every Gamestop/EBgames store is scheduled to get five pre-order packages for Suikoden V. Theorhetically, these would go to the first five people at that store to pre-order it, but I suppose each store has their own way of doing things.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about every Gamestop. The Gamestops around here didn't receive the artbook package, and, as far as I know, never, ever, got the Suikoden IV artbooks in. Actually, I had preordered my Suikoden IV at a Gamestop, and on the day it came in, there was no artbook. I went to the EB Games, and they had one extra artbook and were kind enough to let me have it, free of charge. This time, I knew better, so I preordered from EB Games from the start.
allsongstaken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm being a smart-ass, but I'm a manager at a Gamestop in New York. Yesterday we got an e-mail about how the artbooks were on their way and the quantity of them, which is why I speak with so much certainty about their arrival.

Besides, Gamestop and EB have merged, so it's all one company now anyway.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, okay. Still, I was talking about the competence of my local game shops, which is far superior at the nearby EB Games. It really just seems to be a case of poor employees at the local Gamestops. I wasn't attempting at all to impugn Gamestops nationwide.
allsongstaken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh, I wouldn't care if you were (I'm not a company man by any means). I just wanted to make sure people knew how the artbooks were being allocated, since it doesn't seem like any other retailers are getting them in.
Jowy108

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I yelled at the artbook very loudly when I saw the errors. That takes some major carelessness.
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Other than the obvious mistakes, it's a nice lil bonus.

Quote:
It's nothing other video games don't do ... I guess the Suikoden series is just the first series I've played willingly where they make some of the female characters look very unrealistic.

Honestly, I wish I could complain but I can't. ;)

It never gets excessive (in Suikoden) so it really doesn't bother me.
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dr. Chaos wrote:

Quote:
It's nothing other video games don't do ... I guess the Suikoden series is just the first series I've played willingly where they make some of the female characters look very unrealistic.

Hehe, yeah excessiveness or lack thereof is key. Long as it doesn't get out of hand (I'll have to put my aggravation in check when Jeane appears, I'm sure ... lol) ... hey, it's Suikoden, I can't get too angry at it :)

Roxas Roxxors

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Adelaide Silverberg wrote:
Dr. Chaos wrote:

Quote:

Hehe, yeah excessiveness or lack thereof is key. Long as it doesn't get out of hand (I'll have to put my aggravation in check when Jeane appears, I'm sure ... *laugh*) ... hey, it's Suikoden, I can't get too angry at it :)

There are plenty of cool, proportionally-balanced women in the series to balance it out anyhow. :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... kind of odd they spell them "Lymselia," "Lorelei" and "Zewig," but they manage to get "Fuwalafuwalu"?

Also, I noticed Lorelai's right next to Zweig in the characters section of the artbook. Not that I'm picky about these things yes I am , but I figured she'd be next to Killey. That's not an error, is it?
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know. In fact, I don't think Killey is even in the artbook... Wait, actually, he is. He appears on page 12 in a large art piece, right next to Lorelai. But he doesn't have an individual portrait, like the others.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not meaning to rain on this crusade but seriously you should be happy you got an artbook regardless of typos. Yes they should have got it right, but since this is only offered from EB/Gamestop perhaps its something those companies were in charge of ? Anyhow after the fiasco that was Limited Editions from play-asia with most people ordering months in advance then getting their orders cancelled, how about we be happy these are actually coming through?!

I pre-ordered Suikoden V on Gamestop.com a couple of weeks ago, and at the time there was no mention of a bonus. More recently I noticed:

Bonus Offer! - Order Suikoden V and recieve the Suikoden V Artbook and music CD as a special Gift with Purchase! Offer good while supplies last.

So I checked my order and sure enough the artbook had turned up. The status was "backordered" before, but now they've upgraded it to ships in 24 hours. They haven't charged me a third packaging cost so I'm guessing they're going to package it with one of the other two items.

Quite frankly after I preordered the LE 3 months in advance then got slapped in the face with a wet fish when they cancelled my order, I'd be happy to get an A3 printout. It was good of Gamestop to offer these bonuses to online orders as well, I'm starting to get happy with them. Time will tell of course :p

------------------------------------------------------
Suikoden V
Pre-Release ETA: 3/21/06
Suikoden V Official Strategy Guide
Pre-Release ETA: 3/22/06
premium, suikoden v art book
Usually ships in 24 hours

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Not meaning to rain on this crusade but seriously you should be happy you got an artbook regardless of typos.

While that is true, by the same token this isn't even a translation error--from the looks of it, its a printing error. That's just inexcusable. Konami should be proofing their work. They are a professional company, and typos that extend several pages is extremely unprofessional. Imagine if this were a Stephen King book, or any book by your favorite author. I know I'd be pretty upset because those kinds of things just shouldn't happen.

If it were a simple translation error or two, that would be a different story.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A quick note, the "Blue Moon Rune" really isn't an issue, as "Blue Moon" pretty much is a translation error to start with. It's only called the "Tsuki no Monshou" in Japanese or, quite simply, the Moon Rune. If you don't believe me, you can see it labelled as that in the Japanese artbook...

On the other hand, at least they're sticking with the translation on the Pale Gate now that they've made it once. Seems like the Suikoden III translations are holding as more official over those in II now. Still amusing considering it's clearly "Aoi Mon no Monshou", but still Pale Gate isn't the worst name in the world.

As for the errors, it's whoever did the layout messing up and not correctly placing things. It happens quite often, especially when things are rushed into production. It would usually be repaired in later printings, but since this is basically a one run thing, it's unfortunate that they didn't catch it.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'm the only person around my area who knows about the artbook. I went to my local EBgames today to pick it up and the worker there told me that even though they had only received two artbooks and got a few preorders, no one came by to pick up the artbooks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: