Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Error in Pre-Order Bonus Artbook
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Error in Pre-Order Bonus Artbook Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked up my pre-order bonus today, and immediately started rifling through the artbook. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that, on pages 38 and 39, several of the Runes were mislabeled.

The True Fire Rune is labeled the Dragon Rune, the True Water Rune the True Fire Rune, the True Wind Rune the True Water Rune, the True Lightning Rune the True Wind Rune, and finally, the Dragon Rune is incorrectly labeled the True Lightning Rune. Furthermore, on page 40, a Rune that I can't identify at the moment, but that is clearly not the Beast Rune, is labeled the Beast Rune. The real Beast Rune is located on page 39.

Has anyone else noticed this in their artbooks?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow that is really quite pathetic.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard that the US preorder doesnt come with the artbook bonus..
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Error in Pre-Order Bonus Artbook Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:
I picked up my pre-order bonus today, and immediately started rifling through the artbook. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that, on pages 38 and 39, several of the Runes were mislabeled.

The True Fire Rune is labeled the Dragon Rune, the True Water Rune the True Fire Rune, the True Wind Rune the True Water Rune, the True Lightning Rune the True Wind Rune, and finally, the Dragon Rune is incorrectly labeled the True Lightning Rune. Furthermore, on page 40, a Rune that I can't identify at the moment, but that is clearly not the Beast Rune, is labeled the Beast Rune. The real Beast Rune is located on page 39.

Has anyone else noticed this in their artbooks?

I have not only noticed that, I posted about it in the US pre-order bonus package. To be frank, I'm surprised more people haven't noticed it (it was available in some areas on Wed. I only just got it today), since it's a pretty big error to people who know what those runes are.

Sierra's Blue Moon rune was also labed simply as "Moon" (don't know if this is actually correct or not). Pale Gate will remain Pale gate, and Dusk's US name is Twilight (which I think is old news).

~Siefer
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zahak wrote:
I heard that the US preorder doesnt come with the artbook bonus..

It does. In addition, the pre-order bonus contains a limited edition sountrack disc. However, game stores tend to handle these things so ineptly that it's quite possible that pro-orderers may not receive the artbook in some game stores.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I expected a few small mistakes (such as the wrong name in the Japanese artbook--Chisato), but this is ridiculous. What kind of morons did they have in charge of this thing!? And why couldn't they just have given us a translated version of Japan's artbook? Oh well, at least we're getting something at all!

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man I really want the artbook!!! but however..I fear I will not get Suikoden V in time, and this makes me very angry...
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, my boyfriend and I went and preordered the game Thursday at EB Games ... luckily they had just gotten in their Suikoden V extra goodies that day so we got to have them. We went out to the truck, popped in the CD, and started flipping through the art book (must I mention my annoyance over DDDD sized boobs? I guess not) and we just kind of stared at the mislabeling of the runes like ... what the hell? Do they not have a proofreader to check the thing at least ONCE? He said maybe the artbooks will be worth more since they're wrong. Also noticed about the Blue Moon Rune and the Beast Rune issues. *shrug* What can you do. :\

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

(must I mention my annoyance over DDDD sized boobs? I guess not)

Quote:

... what the hell?

:off topic: ... what the hell?
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:roll: Sorry. I guess I'm just agitated at the moment. I didn't mean to get off topic. Apologies ...

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not that I encourage it but I'm sure others here won't mind you going off topic if you can prove your claim, I however don't want any proof since I'm guessing if what you say is true then other sized features on the body would balance it out in proportion... sorry if that offends you.
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, it's really not balanced at all, if it were I wouldn't be bothered ... they do the nipple protrusion technique in the artbook that I happen to loathe. :*laugh*: It's nothing other video games don't do ... I guess the Suikoden series is just the first series I've played willingly where they make some of the female characters look very unrealistic. Hopefully it's sporadic. *heart* Sorry I keep going :off topic: ! I tried looking for some artbook pictures on google but I didn't find any.

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is'nt Konami in charge of translating the artbook? I would think that they might get Konami of America to do it....I guess.

Another question, does everyone who pre-ordered the game get the artbook and CD, or did you have to be one of the first people to pre-order it. (I pre-ordered mines on March 8th).
ninjakoriku

Roxas Roxxors

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the errors are kinda annoying.

I was also disappointed that only the main characters are in it...didn't the Japanese artbook have nearly every SoD in it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ninjakoriku wrote:
didn't the Japanese artbook have nearly every SoD in it?

I don't know, but the Suikoden IV artbook certainly did. Furthermore, it had a lot more Runes. They weren't mislabeled, but then again, they weren't labeled at all. Anyway, at least this modest artbook comes with a soundtrack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: