Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Official Fable is coming thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
How ironic you mentioned Black and White Alseif. The creator of Fable is also the creator of Black & White. Man you must be some kind of psychic or something or just took a lucky guess or something like that.

Nah, i saw Lionheart's logo in the trailer.

All the way to the edge of this world
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe I guess that does make a lot of sense Alseid(yes I spelled it right this time. Your name is not alseif). Anyways I still suggest if you get the chance that you try it out or something of that nature by renting it or borrowing a system from a friend or something. Sophita, I agree that it is unfortunate that you cant play as a female or have a family in this game but look on the bright side. Sooner rather than later they will be making a Fable two. When Fable two comes out I am sure the ability to be female and to have a family and such will be added onto it. They already have the system for the game set up so now it's just all about adding to the system and creating new things to do on top of whats already there. I am sure Fable two will not take 4 years to come out like Project Ego/Fable did. Project Ego was the original name for Fable if anyone out there is wondering about that and yes it has taken four years for the game to be finished and ready to go. Is it worth it in the end? More than likely as it's being predicted that just like Final Fantasy before it Fable and it's eventual sequels will truly be revolutionary. Whether they sell 1 copy or a billion.

Rebel of Babylon

1127979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fable already sounds to be a pretty revolutionary game, and it could indeed turn into Microsoft's answer to Final Fantasy. If it is ever released for the PC, I may try picking it up... though I have to give serious thought about upgrading my operating system. I'm still on Windows 98 SE, and the thought of giving Microsoft any more of my money than I absolutely have to turns my stomach. But if it will eliminate a bunch of these problems I've been having, I might just do it.

Though if I updated to XP, I'd have to do something about that Blaster virus/worm. My friend had to deal with it a second time when he reformatted his dad's computer and reinstalled Windows XP.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's wrong with 98??

All the way to the edge of this world
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

98 SE is probably the best platform for gaming. It's not nearly the memoryhog that XP is, so those of us (well, me) who have pathetically little memory have a better chance running high end games. That said, the only game I've gotten to work so far on it is the Sims, but I suspect that's my anti-virus causing the trouble. (And being that I don't play most games other than the Sims, I'm actually in good shape for now.)

Elc, you should check out Annoyances.org (and if the topics don't help your problems, hit their forums - the people who post there tend to be very knowledgable). If nothing else, check out Microsoft Help and Support and see what turns up - sometimes they have an answer, sometimes they tell you there is no answer. There's also Bob Cerelli's Windows Site, which I haven't used but have heard good things about.

If nothing else, what is your problem? We have a ton of people here who are probably 98SE users (or have been), so we might be able to help.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly my crappy shit of a computer cant even run the Sims for some reason and I cant explain why. It cant run the Sims or much else for that matter and since the owner is too stubborn to upgrade the darn thing already I suppose i'll have to buy my own computer at some point and have it be good enough to run even Sims 2 but thats gonna be awhile.

Rebel of Babylon

1127979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid, the only thing I can think of regarding my problems with IE and (to a smaller extent) Netscape is that it is because of my operating system. Microsoft no longer supports versions of Windows older than Windows 2000, and I've heard from people who have XP that IE is actually fairly stable. More recently, there's been a 50/50 chance that I'll get the infamous Blue Screen of Death when I try to shut down my computer.

Sophita, I have also heard that Windows 98 is good for gaming, and I have considered upgrading with a second hard drive, which I would have Windows 98 on while a newer operating system on the main hard drive. Then it's just a matter of a dual boot and choosing which OS suits the needs of what I would be using the computer for. I mainly use my computer for web-related work/activities with very little gaming included, I generally stick to PlayStation/GameCube for my gaming fix.

Filipe, no matter how many times I read it, it always makes me laugh to see "Michael Bolton" used in that context. I know what it was you were meaning to say before the system censored it, but that makes it even more amusing.

Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know but hey it's funnier that way isnt it? I wonder if I were to use Micheal Bolton would it show up as the word but I highly doubt it. Would be rather funny if it did though anyways yeah thats it.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe, your avatar scares the Michael Bolton out of me.

Quote:
Sophita, I agree that it is unfortunate that you cant play as a female or have a family in this game but look on the bright side. Sooner rather than later they will be making a Fable two. When Fable two comes out I am sure the ability to be female and to have a family and such will be added onto it. They already have the system for the game set up so now it's just all about adding to the system and creating new things to do on top of whats already there. I am sure Fable two will not take 4 years to come out like Project Ego/Fable did. Project Ego was the original name for Fable if anyone out there is wondering about that and yes it has taken four years for the game to be finished and ready to go. Is it worth it in the end? More than likely as it's being predicted that just like Final Fantasy before it Fable and it's eventual sequels will truly be revolutionary. Whether they sell 1 copy or a billion.

Oh, I'm still excited about the game. I really can't wait. I already have three different heroes planned good, bad, and finally ridiculous, who is basically the hero who does quests IN HIS UNDERPANTS WITH A FRYING PAN.

I hope there is a fable 2 and that it has women and children. Knowing my luck, the "success" of Fable will show to BBB (or whoever does it) that games "are not interested in female protagonists" or some other BS.

I can't believe Project Ego will be out in a month. It seems so surreal. I remember first being intrestested in an Xbox because I wanted Fable (back when it was PE) and I'm glad I waited until KOTOR came out (well, KOTOR and another 10 games that convinced me it was worth it to buy a refurbished Xbox) before buying because I would have been extremely PO'ed waiting for it all these years.

Now I just have to wait for the movies, LOL.

Filipe wrote:
Sadly my crappy Michael Bolton of a computer cant even run the Sims for some reason and I cant explain why..

Go to Start->Programs->Maxis->The Sims and click "EAsy Info" That will tell you what you're lacking. (Also, if you run Windows ME, there's a good chance the Sims won't run - I got it running up to Hot Date, but once I upgraded to the more recent expansionpacks, it wouldn't run because it insists upon having 98/2000/XP, and does not recognize ME.)

Upgrading your computer is cheaper than buying a new one. Even a Michael Bolton can become a Jimi Hendrix if you upgrade it enough. You really should only toss out the computer and buy a whole new one if you're is really obsolete and it costs more to upgrade than buy a new one.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My computer is rather completely obsolete and while it would probably be cheaper just to upgrade it it's otherwise completely useless. I even use Windows 98 as well so it's not completely messed up Sims wise but still doesnt work. I have no idea whatsoever what is going on with it anyway and yeah a newer computer sounds more like a smarter option especially if I plan to get any other games that I want which i most certainly do.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Filipe, your avatar scares the Michael Bolton out of me.

Quote:
Sophita, I agree that it is unfortunate that you cant play as a female or have a family in this game but look on the bright side. Sooner rather than later they will be making a Fable two. When Fable two comes out I am sure the ability to be female and to have a family and such will be added onto it. They already have the system for the game set up so now it's just all about adding to the system and creating new things to do on top of whats already there. I am sure Fable two will not take 4 years to come out like Project Ego/Fable did. Project Ego was the original name for Fable if anyone out there is wondering about that and yes it has taken four years for the game to be finished and ready to go. Is it worth it in the end? More than likely as it's being predicted that just like Final Fantasy before it Fable and it's eventual sequels will truly be revolutionary. Whether they sell 1 copy or a billion.

Oh, I'm still excited about the game. I really can't wait. I already have three different heroes planned good, bad, and finally ridiculous, who is basically the hero who does quests IN HIS UNDERPANTS WITH A FRYING PAN.

I hope there is a fable 2 and that it has women and children. Knowing my luck, the "success" of Fable will show to BBB (or whoever does it) that games "are not interested in female protagonists" or some other BS.

I can't believe Project Ego will be out in a month. It seems so surreal. I remember first being intrestested in an Xbox because I wanted Fable (back when it was PE) and I'm glad I waited until KOTOR came out (well, KOTOR and another 10 games that convinced me it was worth it to buy a refurbished Xbox) before buying because I would have been extremely PO'ed waiting for it all these years.

Now I just have to wait for the movies, *laugh*.

lmao...yeah, when I read you can go around smacking up baddies with a frying pan I cracked up :lol:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed you can and that will be one of the highlights of the game at least for yours truly that and of course kicking chickens for extended distances just to watch it happen not to mention kicking people's heads at other people just to watch their reaction just for the sake of doing so. I mean come on people can you seriously tell me even after all of the things taken out that this game wont be friggin fantastic. Though I may in fact rent it first and give it to myself as a christmas present.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The old Infinity Engine games(Baldur`s Gate series, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment) allow you to do a lot of those things as well, such as slaugthering innocent villagers and choosing whether to be good or evil. This game sounds a bit more focused on the realism side, but you should try those older games while you wait for this.

Anyway, it sounds interesting, but I don`t own an X-Box and don`t plan on buying one. Maybe I`ll get this game sometime when/if it`s converted to PC, like KOTOR.

Rebel of Babylon

1127979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe, a lot of those examples sound hilarious just reading them, and I can only imagine they would be downright hysterical watching it happen on screen. It's a morbid thought, but it would be fun to be able to play a game and slaughter any NPCs who so much as look at you the wrong way.

As with Gwendal, I don't have any plans to buy an Xbox but I wouldn't have any problems checking this game out on a PC version.

Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just for the record there are no plans right now to bring the game to the PC and by the way Elc you cannot kill all of the NPCs only those who dont have any part in the storyline because you wouldnt want to screw with the story right? Anyways after the story part is over it is my understanding that you can kill whoever you want including other heroes but I am not one hundred percent certain of that. Anyways a fifteen days left until it's release and I cannot wait to play it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: