Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Official Fable is coming thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: The Official Fable is coming thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats right folks while Suikoden is a great game and series in all aspects the hype on Fable is like off the charts at least. Sure that might be a bad thing but it can also be a good thing if they can back all the hype up with the game actually being that good. It is the game that will at least tide me over until Suikoden comes out here in North America and I think for those who have an XBox and want to try out a new experience should check it out. So people can learn about all the odd features and such I will let you all know of the features that have been let known so far.

You can play as either good or evil: Unlike in other games with the exception of KOTOR your actions determine who you are. The difference this time is both your looks and how you are percieved by NPCs is determined by your actions alone.

It is a confirmed fact that you can not only get married but have sex in the game. To go along with that to get married you need to buy a home which you can decorate as you choose with your trophies and such. Though it is possible to literally buy an entire village but that comes with one of the to come features.

The scars you recieve in battle remain with you throughout the game and are actually visible on your character. Going along with physical appearance the stats that you build through use of weapons of certain kinds changes your physical appearance. If you use a lot of strength based weapons like two handed swords and such you can get a massive bulky build. If you use a bow your body will get a good build but not as big as strength this stat is skill. Now if you use will or magic as your main weapon you will age very quickly and thus you wont be the most built person in the world. Also how much you eat and it's caloric intake(yes they factored that in) has an effect too.

You also have the ability to go around and slaughter every single living person with the exception of kids in a village. Several villages I can imagine and then buy up all the homes and shops and such. Then when new npcs come in to take their place slowly you can rent out all the property to them and make a load of money.

The storyline is also very linear so you can choose when to continue with the main storyline though at times your encouraged to continue with it. Oh and once the credits roll you can actually continue playing the game for as long as you want completing quests and such for the heroes guild.

Other smaller additions are that you have a large miriad of gestures that you can use on npcs to get different reactions. You can run your own shop if you so choose. Once you have become insanely popular in any one place they will actually start selling miniature statues of you. Not only are all weapons upgradeable to a large extent making even the weakest sword crazy strong but just about anything can be used as a weapon. Including fish and spoons.

Im sorry this is such a big post but it was designed to get a topic about this game started and I thought the information thats already known about the game would help move the discussion along. Oh and these are only the currently known features to the game and this isnt even half of it. The game comes out next month on the 15th.

Northwind Dragoons

13233 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the official release date was the 16th?

But anyways i might just have to buy 2 copies of the game since i've been waiting for so long i might cream all over the first copy on acident ruining it
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you slaughter everyone in the village, there's no need to buy people out: you've killed them!

this sounds very violent! the "Realistic" aspect of marriage, killing and profitering and eating sound fun, but also can become boring (depending on the gamers tastes). I'm not a big simulation gaming person, but i would have a look at it if it gets here.

This is sure to get hit by some strict rating: do you know what rating it is?
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw Fable on a X-box demo disc it appears to be pretty cool.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds like a glorified "The Sims" game to me.
But aside from what this thread says, i know nothing about the game, so i'm in no position to give a real opinion of it.

But it stil sounds like that to me.

All the way to the edge of this world
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid wrote:
Sounds like a glorified "The Sims" game to me.
But aside from what this thread says, i know nothing about the game, so i'm in no position to give a real opinion of it.

But it stil sounds like that to me.

The game has a good story apparently....but it just allows you to be the biggest asshole ever along the way.

I can't wait either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A glorified Sims game? Though it has a detailed story which in itself takes minimum 20+ hours to go through pretty much? Oh and you dont buy people out you buy the homes of the dead people. You still have to buy the house when they are dead and then you can rent it out to people as you see fit. Yeah that comment has been made before about buying two copies due to accidentally ruining the first copy. Though their solution was trying to exchange it for a new one. lol.

For the record just in case anyone thinks it is my personal opinion that this game is going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread so to speak you are incorrect. I am saving my judgement about how good or bad this game might be when it comes out next month and not right now. I just believe that all of the additions that have been added to the rpg genre through this game which im not going to list here will make this game revolutionary. Regardless of if it sells 1 copy or a billion copies.

Last edited by Filipe on Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think I'd kill the people then buy there house,I'd buy it while there alive charge them mass amounts of cash and when they run out I boot them out and they'll be homeless better than killing 'em yessiree. :D
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1132804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is actually the first time I've ever heard of Fable, which isn't surprising since I'm not an Xbox fan. Although, I must admit, the premise behind the game sounds interesting though the feature to have sex in a game seems a bit... much.

If it were a PC game, I'd probably check it out, that is if my PC could actually play the thing. I am in serious need of an upgrade if I want to play games on my computer, as it refuses to allow me to play TRON 2.0.

Then again, I generally don't play many games on my computer these days, one of the only ones being Uplink and even that one has gone unused for a long period of time. It's not a bad game, of course, just haven't had the time.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually as I just mentioned in my last post you cannot buy any homes or buisinesses that have people already living there. There are set empty homes in every village or something of that nature. Sorry to dash your hopes in that regard but still there are ways to make lots of money anyway. Oh and just as a small edit you can have sex but it will not actually be shown within the game. It will be implied but it will not actually be shown. I am not sure what the rating on this game is either but I do believe you need to be at least 17 to buy it.

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
Actually as I just mentioned in my last post you cannot buy any homes or buisinesses that have people already living there. There are set empty homes in every village or something of that nature. Sorry to dash your hopes in that regard but still there are ways to make lots of money anyway. Oh and just as a small edit you can have sex but it will not actually be shown within the game. It will be implied but it will not actually be shown. I am not sure what the rating on this game is either but I do believe you need to be at least 17 to buy it.
Shucks I wanted to make them suffer.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe, as i said, i know nothing of the game, so my comment was just superficial.

However, i watched a trailer, and now to me it sounds like the lovechild of "Black and White" and "Way of the Samurai".

Again, just a superficial comment.

All the way to the edge of this world
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How ironic you mentioned Black and White Alseif. The creator of Fable is also the creator of Black & White. Man you must be some kind of psychic or something or just took a lucky guess or something like that.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God I can't wait for Fable to come out. I'm so excited. This & The Sims 2 are what I'm blowing my paycheck on Sept 18th. (Hush; it's the only I'm a bit disappointed with the stuff they took out (Dammit folks, I wanted to be a female! I'm tired of being a guy in virtually every game I play! And I wanted to have babies!) but even with that out it still looks AWESOME.

I actually think the Sims comparison is apt in that you choose how the characters grow up (and hopefully - though I haven't found any info collaborating this - how they look), who they marry, etc. I would say it sounds like a mix of Sims, KOTOR, and Black and White.

*squees*

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
Oh and just as a small edit you can have sex but it will not actually be shown within the game. It will be implied but it will not actually be shown. I am not sure what the rating on this game is either but I do believe you need to be at least 17 to buy it.

actually, according to IGN, they DO show...not graphically depicted bad..they said it's blurred like The Sims, but not as much.

I'm sure it'll be a 17 or M or whatever...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: