Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tattoos?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Suikoden Tattoos? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't sure what forum to stick this in :)

I stopped at a local tattoo-ery today and inquired about price, healing times ... etc ... I'm torn between what Suikoden Rune to get as a tattoo. I was introduced, admittedly just recently to the series but I have fallen in love. It's between a Triforce and a Rune tattoo. Anyway, I'd love to get the Gate Rune as a tattoo, but it ... doesn't make a great one. The True Wind Rune is also one of my favorites; it'd make a good tattoo, but it's just slightly generic looking. Of course the Rune of Beginning is awesome too; lotta work and detail would go into that too. I'm most likely going to get whatever on the back of my neck, upper arm, or back/shoulder area.

Basically, any suggestions? What would you get done and where if you were to get a Suikoden tattoo? :) Thanks!!

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

since this will most likely get locked. here's the actual topic for tattoo talk.

http://suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=457&start=60

in case it doesn't get locked i'll say some thing. i prolly wouldn't get a suikoden tattoo since i'm not into that style, since i'm more of a tribal design person i stick with those. but it just all depends on what your going to get. you say you like the true wind rune, i think it would look good on the back of the neck. rune of begining i would say that would be good for on the calf or on the upper arm or shoulder blade.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha. Scott and I were just talking about this. In my experience, which is limited, I'd say the upper arm is a good place for a tattoo. Especially if it's your first. It's easy to conceal and when placed there the procedure is relatively pain free. The Rune of Beginning would look good on the arm, or the shoulder blade like Buff said, and just as easy to conceal if need be. I think the Gate Rune is a good choice also, particularly placed on the back of the neck. Though I have to warn you, and maybe this was only my experience, but it's more painful the closer they tattoo to the bone. Then you have to take into account the sensitivity of the area. A tattoo on the back of your calf isn't going to hurt as much as one on the back of the neck. I personally recommend the Dragon Rune, but I'm obsessed with dragons so it's to be expected. Anyway, good luck with it Adelaide, and be sure to give us an update.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no a tattoo won't hurt on your back of your calf, my first tat was there and it felt sweet. but like phamex said the closer to the bone the more it's going to hurt. if your gonna go with the shoulder blade beware of some parts will hurt, but it should be to bad cause you'll get a feel for the needle when they do the outline of the tat. just beware if your gonna have one on your spinal cord, my upper tattoo goes from shoulder to shoulder and the worst part of that was the middle of my back, the spinal cord.

Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually plan on getting the True Wind Rune tattooed on my right hand. I'd probably have to cover it with make up for work and my grandparents house, but I think it would look cool. Not to mention I dont' think it should offend too many people due to the aesthetic look of the design.

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't find the official topic ... hate when I do that :oops: I really appreciate all of your feedback. I'd love to get the True Wind Rune on my hand, but I just don't want it to be that visible; my employer would be really mad (I'm a waitress) ... I like the arm as well, but I try to consider, if I get married or something, my arm is probably gonna be out there in the open; at least my hair will cover the back of my neck. :? I'm really confused about the whole thing!! Gate Rune on the back of my neck feels the best right now though ... thanks everyone!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have heard from all of my friends who have them that they are more painful in places where the bone is closer to the skin, so places to avoid (if you can't take it) would be the hip, ankle or the back of your skull. Phamex and Buff already cleared this one up, so good for them! :)

Queen says:
Quote:
I actually plan on getting the True Wind Rune tattooed on my right hand. I'd probably have to cover it with make up for work and my grandparents house, but I think it would look cool. Not to mention I dont' think it should offend too many people due to the aesthetic look of the design.

Whether or not the design is offensive, people (especially older people) have a certain perception of people who have tattoos, and if you get one on your right hand, you will never be able to work in an office or similar job.

My opinion on tattoos? I'd get one if it was meaningful. My opinion on tattoos from games? As cool as some of them look, having a tattoo of something from a videogame just seems kind of sad to me. I love gaming and everything, but not enough to advertise it to people every time they saw my hand/arm/leg.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe I'm the only person so far suggesting that you not get a tattoo of your favourite video game. I challenge you to find one person outside this forum who wouldn't laugh at you if they found out you got a True Rune tattooed on your body. That's really crossing the fantasy/reality line, IMO. But I digress. If you think video games are so totally rad that you're willing to tat an homage on your body permanently, then you go straight ahead. I wish you the best of luck when you finally find yourself naked with the opposite sex trying to explain yourself.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i know the person is asking for suggestins but don't try to discourage them. but it's like i said make it some thing you know you will like for the rest of your life, don't get some thing that just looks cool since it'll be on your body forever. think it through before you do it. i did all of these things when i got mine done. gave my tattoo guy who i was friends with my ideas and he drew them up perfect. i've seen lots of people with tattoos that i find really dumb on a person, but i wouldn't laugh at them cause it's some thing they decided. who gave me the right to laugh at their face for some thing they like, let alone no one should have that right cause they don't understand what it means to a person.

Quote:
I have heard from all of my friends who have them that they are more painful in places where the bone is closer to the skin, so places to avoid (if you can't take it) would be the hip, ankle or the back of your skull. Phamex and Buff already cleared this one up, so good for them!

the most painful spot is in fact your hip, which is some where i plan on getting a tat down the road. they guy who did my tattoos back in california got jesus tattooed on the top of his skull and he said it wasn't that bad. the back also insn't that bad except for when you get to the spinal cord and the shoulder blades. oh ya another painful spot is the inside of your arm.

Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:) My boyfriend has a tattoo of a dragon from the first RPG he fell in love with on the ... I think Genesis? I can never remember the name of it (keep getting it mixed up with another one). Video games have been a part of my life since I was 5 years old, my dad introduced me to them, and they are a big part of my life. I don't see my dad anymore so it is kind of a link to him, in a warped way. I honestly couldn't think of anything else I'd want. There are a lot more cliché, overused tattoo ideas.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Better a rune than some stupid faux-celtic design which seems to be all the rage in some circles.

I don't 'get' the idea of tatoos, but as far as I know, it's supposed to be a design that the person bearing it enjoys. It's not real supposed to make an art gallery open to criticism from the Tattoo Art Masters from the Gallery of Tattooness, possbily based on continental Europe.

There are, of course, problems and a stigma attached to having a tattoo on any place which is practically always visible such as a hand but if you're going to get one anywhere else, may as well make it a rune over a Japanese character used to represent a one word concept which would look stupid in English.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

I don't 'get' the idea of tatoos, but as far as I know, it's supposed to be a design that the person bearing it enjoys. It's not real supposed to make an art gallery open to criticism from the Tattoo Art Masters from the Gallery of Tattooness, possbily based on continental Europe.

for most the idea of tattoos is it's suppose to be some thing they like. but for a lot of people they just do it cause they have the money and want to look cool, which is the worst reason to get a tattoo. i find it as body art, showing what type of stuff you like on your own body. but ya you do have to be aware of where you get them, mainly for when your trying to get a job.

Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucky for me I don't plan on working in an office type setting. I also mentioned that I would use make up to cover it when appropriate. If a grade school teacher in Japan can pull it off, then anyone can.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you would need a lot of make up to do that then, and on a daily basis. :shock:

Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have got an tattoo on my right shoulder. It's high enough so that nobody sees it if I don't want to show it. And it's a Chinese symbol which means law. I think I wouldn't get a tattoo out of an video game, because that could look weird in older years. But maybe Suikoden is a difference, but I wouldn't like to have the same tattoo as anybody else who choose something from this game...

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: