Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Suikoden V preview at GT (English updates!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: New Suikoden V preview at GT (English updates!) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know when they put it up, but Game Trailers has a new video preview of Suikoden V! There's no new content said on the video, it has numerous mistakes (like mixing up Suikoden III and IV), and the pronunciations are plain awful.

However, they have tons of footage from the English version, including some new voiced scenes (all of which are excellently done, especially the Queen's). I highly suggest checking it out, because it also shows how crisp and clear the graphics are, even while just exploring a town.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2158

*It's the video labeled "GT Video Preview" in the GTtv Media section.*

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The new footage was impressive, thanks for the nice find. Unfortunately, the trailer itself was messed up because one, the narrator doesn't know his Suikoden facts and two, the trailer wasn't constructed very well. Apart from that, though, the trailer is definitely worth seeing.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That trailer was both awesome and awful. Unless we're all in for a huge surprise, the game does not take place in that timeframe, and that's been a fact for quite a long time now. Augh. I hate when people who have no knowledge of a game go off about it like that. Insert any sort of "kitty" refernce here...I think that the clip continues to show that V does have good voice acting. Arshtat's Voice seemed esspecialy perfect during her scenes. I Don't understand why some people are already getting al upity over the voice cast, but whatever. I like and whole heartedly approve of all the voice I've heard thus far. Though, I do worry about how they'll handle Killey...but whatever. I'm sure that they'll do a good enough job.

Now...I did chuckle when they mention that IV was a dissapointment. I agree there, but that may get me headed off Topic a bit more than I would like to go. So, I'm just gonna say that despite that trailer being a let down, I'm looking forward to V more than ever! Here's hoping that maybe we get a more professional trailer in English sometime before the game gets released stateside. V sure could use any good press it can get with the game it's up against...

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol He said Suikoden V takes place 150 years before Suikoden I, I think he got Suikoden IV and V mixed up! and you know another thing, thats strange is.. it doesnt even have Suikoden V's release date on it either, the site, either does Rpggamers.com, then again they never do, they still dont have Suikoden Tactics release date out and its been out since November.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nine tenths of the North American locations can't pronounce names that aren't physical said within the game itself for Japanese games because they often follow the English pronounciation schemes - which would have made his pronounciation of Suikoden correct were it an English word. It's also amusing at how the facts were mixed up, from attributing the "buddy" system to Suikoden IV, to mistaking heavily the time frame of Suikoden V. But, scriptwriter folly aside (because I bet you that the narrator had nothing to do with the actual text itself)...

A good trailer for showing off a lot of the things in English, along with a few short scenes I haven't yet seen (mostly the entry at the Colliseum and the Dragonriders approaching the bridge). That trailer was probably able to show the last selling points I needed to get the game in English... though that was pretty much a given since the moment it was announced.

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still can't believe people are still saying "Suikoden" wrong. I haven't encountered a single video where an English-speaking person says it right.

^Actual quote!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My sound is broken. What's the error this time?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He pronounces it "sue-ko-den" with adding in the sound for "i".

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And the Director's english translator, saying "Far-lena" and I'm like " O_o;; O_O " but oh yeah the trailer is DEFINETLY worth watching, if you can over look the fact of all the mistakes and errors on the knowledge, and it actually shows more scenes with Zahak then any other Queen's Knight :D
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, in the trailer, he pronounces Falena "Fah-lain-uh". Is this correct, because I've been saying "Fah-leen-uh" for a while now. I guess they could both be correct. Just as long as it's not Farlena :D.

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fa-lay-nuh would probably be the closest and most accurate pronounciation I'd think, without in sounding awkward, because once again it's English pronounciation rules that create the long e sound in the middle of it.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:
Also, in the trailer, he pronounces Falena "Fah-lain-uh". Is this correct, because I've been saying "Fah-leen-uh" for a while now. I guess they could both be correct. Just as long as it's not Farlena :D.

Ever since Suikoden II I have called it "Fah-Lain-uh" *sigh* Now I have to get used to this new prenoncication. Well I'll get my answer for sure in less than a week ^^

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great Video. Looking forward to its release.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I alternate between Fa-lean-a and Fah-lain-a. Either way there is some leaning going on.

I say So-e-ko-den. The first part almost like Souie*-ko-den, but with less on the O than the ie. I am probably not saying it right, but if there's one thing I took away from the (IMO, otherwise worthless) Metal Gear Solid, it was that this is how ninjas say Suikoden. And dammit, I refuse to argue with ninjas. Who can argue with ninjas?

My sounds broken, too, alas. Does anyone know a list of the VA's yet?

*I have no idea whether this is right or not. The sound one makes when one calls for a pig...? Sowie? Soowie?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How has the pronunciation of the game title NOT been a subject of debate yet? I'm with Sophita on how I say it though, Soo-Ee-Koh-Den or when spoken fast Soo-wik-oh-den. The pronounciation in the film thingy there, Soo-kidden is definitely wrong.

As far as Falena's pronounciation I've always said Fah-lee-nuh not Fah-lay-nuh. However if it is the latter, I will change how I say it.

I preordered the gamre and will be getting it on its first day available, so I'm looking forward to getting it. I've not traversed all the spoiler threads because I don't want the game to be all alid out in my head before I even get the game. Once I play through it a bit, then Ill read more on it.

I too am concerned on how Suikoden V will fare, especially due to the release of Kingdom Hearts II soon, many fans of RPGs will hold out for that game. Not I though as I was not impressed overall with the original as it appeared to me as a Hack and Slash more than a real RPG. But thats getting into a whole other topic.

The voicing sounds fine to me, but I could care less if it were there or not. Voice Acting isn't a make or break part of the game, its what is actually said that matters. Arshetat's voice did seem great though. And if you watch bpth trailers, in one the main character is named Konami, and in the other he's named D. I hope we don't get into another Lazlo fight over the name of Suikoden V's Hero.

All in all the trailers are worth watching, dispite the obvious errors.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: