Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Island Nations Free Pass
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Island Nations Free Pass Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Watching the trend of how members get allocated to various nations, one tendency has constantly defied the laws of statistics. Island Nation has consistently had bad luck getting active members. After more than a year, the activity level within this nation has been appalling, and this is the fault of nobody--Island Nations simply seems to get more than its share of people who register to make just one post ahd have no interest in the nation system.

For this reason, I will take the radical step of giving out free passes to enter the Island Nations. I won't say how many people can enter fore free, but there will be perks for moving yourself as well. If you're interested, please make sure your current nations' leader doesn't mind, and send me a PM. I am looking for people who have a track record of being active posters, too.

This promotion has been discussed among Nation Leaders and I have their agreement, so please don't complain about this (such as "it's unfair!").
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will tell you something. You won't regret it. I have something to show you about how beautiful we are:

You can't argue with science. We have done extensive research on the topic and have found it to be true.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well said Ninjar, well said...

I just want to say that If you don't join us I will hurt you bad and will cry a lot.

Can you make a penguin cry? Of course not, they are so cute and mushy.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch wrote:
Well said Ninjar, well said...

I just want to say that If you don't join us I will hurt you bad and will cry a lot.

Can you make a penguin cry? Of course not, they are so cute and mushy.

i can make a penguin cry, but thats a different tale for a different time.
Now i didnt think we were ultimately this desperate for new blood.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A free pass to the Island Nations? Man, I am so there!

:nono:

W-what do you mean I'm not eligible? I'm a good member and (reasonably) active and I can assure you my nation leader is okay with it... okay, so that nation leader is me, but I digress...

:(

Sorry guys, it looks like I've got to stay in Kooluk. It could have been fun.

If I can be serious for a minute... as anybody who has done a census of Suikox can confirm, the Island Nations have been hurting in the activity department when compared to the rest of the nations, they could really use some people who are good at stirring things up and setting a fire under their nationmates and making the nation a hotbed of activity. Of course, Sars isn't asking for all of the active members of other nations to jump ship, that would simply be insane and counterproductive, but if you're looking for a fresh start, the Island Nations are a good choice.

So... when do I get paid? :|

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, you guys really have a bad situation. I thought my nation is some kind of broken-down, but you really got nearly nobody writing constantly. If I hadn't sworn loyalty till the end, I would try to help you, even without perk. I wish you good look.

The Fool
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:off topic: They already have got the looks. Also the end is near so you might join anyway. On the other hand being a vassal of the Nameless is much better. *coughtoomuchselfconceitcough*

As for me, vagueness > hotness so i'm staying put. Sorry!
Good luck to you Island Nations, that you may get some active and hot people to join you.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel like I need to comment in this thread, since this is my nation and my problem.

This isn't something I was hoping would happen-- it's a bit of a blow to my pride, actually. I like my nation members for their "unique" personalities and laid-back style of posting (try to count off the top of your head how many Islanders are outspoken members of the forums), but it's becoming increasingly difficult to win with what the current activity, input from members, and output in potch is allowing. Still, even if I could, I wouldn't want to switch them out for other, more-productive members involved in the system.

My original suggestion to Sars wasn't this, but this is what came out of our talk. And if he thinks something's a good idea, I follow it. So there, that's what I think of all this.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ardPSiKo, even if I am not blind and see what could happen, nobody will be able to say I didn't give my best to help my nation. I see the bad situation for us, but I won't think about leaving my nation, even thinking which nation I want to go next won't occur in my mind. I said, I would probably went to the Island nations if I hadn't sworn loyalty, but that doesn't mean I will join them after the worst possibility of my nation. The time will show me the path worth following.

Sorry for being :off topic: but I wanted to say this...

The Fool
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm... is Island nations really suffering froma shortage of active members? As in really suffering more than Zexen? This is not a complaint from zexen's side or something like that, I'm just curious.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, this is some thing I asked myself too, because the Island Nation's got at least nearly 6 times as many territories as we do.

The Fool
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not a question about how many territories the Island Nations has, since that has nothing to do with activity levels. While Zexen may end up region-less, that shouldn't have to effect what you post in there or how often. It's a side of war; a nation or two are going to be wiped out every now and then (through a very slow process though.) and if a place was on the verge of collapse, sending in a dozen new members to help out with nation-activity wouldn't really help at all. Anyhow I am not going to go on any further in the annihilation regard; we just have to see what happens.

Sars would most likely only be looking for a few committed people anyhow, so this shouldn't really have too marginal an effect on anyone.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets not get into the discussion of "we are less active than them!"

This issue has been evaluated for a very long time, and all other possibilities have not only been examined, but also attempted. Zexen may currently have activity issues, but it used to be very active, which is why they have many soldiers and powerful members (even if they have left Zexen).

Island Nations, on the other hand, was never active, and has never had any high-powered members. There's a gaping chasm of differenence the size of the most gaping chasm known to mankind!
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I've seen, the Island Nations are really in lack of Active Members, at least outside their nation board. It's rare that I see an Islander responsible to a slew of posts in the community or games forum. Also, you'll notice that historically the Islanders haven't had many enemies. It was too much of a bother to attack them because of their naval status and it taking 2 turns to even take one territory. It wasn't worth it when most nations had neighbors to attack so the Islanders do have many territories due largely in part of people not attacking them. They really only have one enemy currently (hello all, it's Tinto). Unlike Zexen who had several neighboring enemies and was being attacked in multiple locations every turn, so naturally, Zexen would have fewer than Island Nations, not reflecting the fact that Zexen had more active members.

Good Luck Island Nations with gaining new members that contribute to your success.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see. So how long will this offer be available? Until Phase 9 ends?

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: