Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sasarai
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Sasarai Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just thought about that dude in the blue.

I think Sasarai was pretty interesting after he lost that awful hat.
When he showed up in Suikoden 3, we found out that he and Luc weren't so much acquaitances as they were clones / brothers.

The most interesting thing about Sasarai that I can think of, is that he is somehow able to show a blacksmith how to sharpen a magical ring so the energy bolts come out stronger. And he can Desperate Attack with a "bigger" energy bolt...

His true earth rune was basically just a "Mega Earthquake" spell with some dragons present, right? Been a while since I played him because he pretty much shows up at the end of the game, he's like star 103 isn't he? If I remember right, Sasarai also had a Flowing Rune or something too, didn't he?

If we ever get to see this Hikusaak man, do you think that he will look like Luc or Sasarai, or be older? If the man has a true rune, there's no telling how old he was when he got it, right? For all we know, Hikusaak could look just like Luc and Sasarai with a slightly different hairstyle, that's about the only different between the other two, oh yeah, and color preference.

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't know what you're talkin' about his hat looked great on him. He lost his style when he lost the hat.

Thats beside the point though, I pictured Hikusaak to look a lot older and more worn than the pretty boys. Does anyone know what his POV would have been like had it been included in III? How many chapters and all that jazz.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The most interesting thing about Sasarai that I can think of, is that he is somehow able to show a blacksmith how to sharpen a magical ring so the energy bolts come out stronger. And he can Desperate Attack with a "bigger" energy bolt...

That's great! I was laughing hella hard when I read this

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pierrot_Le_Fou wrote:
You don't know what you're talkin' about his hat looked great on him. He lost his style when he lost the hat.

i hated his big fluffy hat he wore in 2. looks better with out that dam thing on.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Sasarai Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coketastic wrote:
I think Sasarai was pretty interesting after he lost that awful hat.
When he showed up in Suikoden 3, we found out that he and Luc weren't so much acquaitances as they were clones / brothers.

Konami probably removed the hat to emphasize the similarity of appearance with Luc.
Coketastic wrote:

Like Karen in S2 asked the blacksmith to smash her nails with the Golden Hammer so that it will deal more damage. The name "Black Nails" was probably because her fingernails "died (turned black)."

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I adore the poofy hat. I need a poofy hat...

Considering we have NO idea what age Hikusaak was when he obtained the Circle Rune, there's really no way for us to tell what age he's going to be. Considering that Luc and Sasarai are supposedly "clones" of Hikusaak, I think we can safely assume that they look like he did when he was that age, assuming he still doesn't look that way. I can totally see him as a pretty boy.

I have to admit that I like Sasarai's haircut and uniform much more in III than in II, fond as I am of the hat...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That hat is super crazy and not cool. Sasarai is not a hippy. I don't see any peace symbols on his car. He isn't named Susan. He doesn't have freakishly long hair, purplish shades with tiny lenses, or a headband. I don't know why that hat makes me think of him as a hippy, but it does. So there. He's cooler with no hat.

As for Hikusaak, like what was already said, we can't know what he looks like. Seriously though, Hikusaak's parents sure know how to name a baby. He sounds like some dude who would be huge, shaggy, unkempt-bearded, and would wear a kilt or something. I cannot imagine him looking like Sassafras.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sassafras...XD

What I've always wondered is if he's the brooding type like Luc, or of the more cheerful persuasion, like Sasarai? I wonder if he's even a he. O_o Somebody brought that up a while ago and, boy, it rattled me! I wonder if he's even still alive, or if he's just a name that there's no person to back up anymore?

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, too, loved the hat, even if I thought it was a huge bow when I first played Suikoden II. (Almost until Suikoden III, I thought Sasarai was a girl.)

Considring all the tenkais have been teenaged boys, I don't think it's a stretch to suggest it's likely Hikusaak was a teenaged boy in the hero's war. Since he recieved a true rune, I doubt he's aged (though perhaps he's grown more "worn down"), either.

...Now that I'm thinking about it, are there any points besides their eyes and clothing where Luc and Sasarai actually differ in appearence?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They have different hair-styles, but that's about it. Their faces are as twins--one is the "sptting image" of the other, as they say. I can't help but think, however, that their different temperments make them look more different than they would have otherwise.

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're twins so they have the same face, they eyes and hairstyle difference isn't that big really. I think Hiccup makes a good point that their temperments make them 'look' different. I think that the extreme difference in personalities is what makes it so easy to tell them apart. Or morso, it gives us something to identify them with moreso than their appearance. Which really is a main point to both of their characters now.. we've found out their clones, so obviously their appearance isn't going to be something they can call their own, basing them off their personality is. Basically, it's what gives them the more human aspect of things.. both a clone of Hikusaak, but each with different personalities. That in itself should have given them a bit more pride on their own existence and choices- They're not just mere clones if they have free thought.

Luc's new outfit is also much darker than the bright blue Harmonian outfit that Sasarai sports.

I prefer Sasarai without the hat, but I didn't mind him with it either.

I'm really interested to see Hikusaak. It's an neat concept that the long assumed he could be a she though. Really, Sasarai and Luc are pretty and metro enough that they could easily pass as women. They were both quite drastic personality wise, Luc much more brooding and Sasarai so upbeat.. it would make most sense to me if Hikusaak was a happy medium between the two. That's assuming they were the only clones though I suppose. Either way, with the loss of Luc, who I was attached to! *weep* I can't help but hope some of the similarities with him show through Hikusaak, should we ever see him.

I'm hoping once we get back to the updated time, that we see more with Sasarai as well.. it'd be nice to see what he does with the information he was given by Luc.

-My DeviantArt-
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hat rocks the house. Also, SARS explained it a while ago, it's used when performing international relations.

Sasarai is one of my favorite characters in the entire series. He is possibly the most interesting and convoluted character in Suikoden 3 (not like that's a huge competition) and I believe we'll be seeing him again soon. His ending in Suikoden three made a point of mentioning his uneasiness with his situation, and we had a conversation once about how likely it is that Sasarai will turn on Harmonia with the newfound information of his origin. He has "existential angst" and once he confronts daddy Hiku I imagine he's going to have a few father issues to work out.

On the other hand, I despised Luc from the second I saw him in Suikoden 1. I will hate him until I die or he is justified in the series. He's a jerk in the first two games and in the third one he's an emo kid that would rather see the world blow up than keep suffering in his "dark pit of darkness" or allow his "Bleeding heart" to "drip painfully into the empty pit of emptiness that is his non-existant dark soul"

I'm pretty sure those are direct quotes from the game.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sasarai is pretty interesting, one of about 20 characters who actually have alot of serious backstory involved. The big thing with Sasarai is that we still don't know most of it, and he is a hell of a lot more interesting than Gen and Kamandohl.

Sasarai shows up out of nowhere in Suikoden 2 as "another enemy general" for awhile... and you never get a chance to take him out, like the game definitely had something in store for him. I forget how he wound up working for Highland for a while, I think Jowy wired them for help or something. Something occurred between Luc and Sasarai in one strategy battle, at Sasarai bolted and was never seen again.

In Suikoden 3, Sasarai turns up in the last third of the game as what I thought was going to be a returning villain role. He somehow or another looked "too happy" to be a villain, especially since at that point we knew about Luc being the villain, but not their "connection"... Sasarai was leading a company of soldiers into Grassland, presumably to quell to Flame Champion sightings, did he know he was going to run across Luc?

He is a very mysterious dude... but then again, ALL true rune bearers seem to be... look at Geddoe...

Does anyone know where the True Earth or Wind runes were before Luc and Sasarai wound up being hosts for them? Or did Hikusaak obtain these a long time ago in the past? If so, do you think Hikusaak has more of the true runes embedded into other "kids"? I mean, there are like 8 or 9 more that we don't know, surely one or two more could be in Harmonia's possession... but they do not show up in the Luc / Sasarai scenes in Suikoden 3.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can actually defeat Sasarai in the battle to rescue Ridley, although you don't really defeat him--at least you can hear his defeat comment.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sasarai showed up in suikoden 2 just prior to the beast rune having a profound meaning in the game, most likely he was there to oversee the awakening of the rune and Highlands interests hence his subsequent leaving.

And Sars is right, ive actually had a major victory type in that Ridley was lucky and criticaled the infantry to the north twice enabling me to surround him to protect him and wipe out all the enemy units. However it took about 12 reloadings for that to happen so its highly rare for him to not get captured. The referrence to Sasarai that Luc made was something along the lines of that he knew of him, then he commented on the remnant of the beast rune and about how Viktor shouldnt get mad a kid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: